A new me.....well hopefully!!

Miss Mac

Gold Member
Hi all,

Im another newbie here, started 01-03-11 and so far so good!! have been reading loads of stuff on here which seems really helpful and decided to join the forum to hopefully keep me a bit more motivated.

The way I see it....if I can stop smoking, (which i have done....2 years now), then I should certainly be able to lose a bit of weight.....well quite a bit!! Ha ha.

Anyway fingers crossed xxx

Also, can anyone please tell me how you get those ticker things on....in simple terms please, im a bit of a techno phobe!!! :)

Hiya Miss Mac :) and welcome x

Can't remember how to do the ticker thing, my mate done mines for me lol I do however know how to update it lol
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help with that :)

Good luck with ur journey xxx

Oh u should start a diary, it's helped me no end x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Clair - Gandy,

Well i think I have figured the ticker thing!! Yay me!!

The diary sounds like a brilliant idea, I think that will give me a bit of encouragement along with all the other stories on here!

I find generally with diets, if I dont have a substantial weight loss then I get really dispondent very fast and end up giving up. This time, however, I have tried to simplify things and am now working off the fact that if i lose 3.5 per week, then thats a stone a month and I would be very happy with that and my ultimate goal will be achieveable!!

Everyone on here seems really nice and supportive.

You have done brilliantly so far....I only hope I can do half as well as you!!

I won't lie, at times it's bloody hard! But stick with it, the results are amazing :)
And make sure if ur struggling to come straight on here coz there's always someone on hand to help ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Miss mac- you sound like me, if I don't get substantial losses each week it disheartens me and I end up giving up-but I've done the same as you, taking it a stone at a time and aiming for weekly losses of 3lb or more tho reading others posts the first weeks loss should be better-tho everyone is different I know. I started weds and I'm weighing in Tuesday night, I struggled yesterday but came on here and got some good advice. Good luck with your weight loss :)

well done for sticking with it so far....looks like we are starting around the same time and near enough the same weight so lets see if we can help each other along hey!!

I am hoping for some bigger weight losses, but I figure if its 3.5 then Im on track. I cant be doing with just losing 1 or 2 lb a week.....it would take me forever to get the weigh off at that rate and this diet is a bit too drastic to just lose 1lb a week!

fingers crossed for us all though....im sure we can do it!!!

I want to lose 5 stone but taking it a stone at a time, hoping for a good weight loss to keep my motivation up. 1lb or 2lb a week isn't enough for me, I figured that if I get thru week one on this (nearly there) then I can do it! You will do it too and if I can be a help just give me a yell-I've found so much help on here and support that it's really helped me thru the weekend. Good luck :)

I think about it like this -
1lb off, is 1lb I am no longer carrying, and 1lb closer to my goal.
Coming off plan and thinking 'oh, it doesn't make any difference' gets me putting on (at least) 1lb, and taking me 1lb (or more!) away from being healthy, happy and moving on with my life.
Most of the really really rich people I know, it isn't because they won the lottery or earn millions, its beacause pennies make pounds - same with the weight loss.
Slowly slowly, catchy monkey :D

you sound like you have a very positive outlook. I am just really impatient to be honest.....like a kid travelling saying, are we nearly there yet....Im the same, I think I should be losing at least a stone a week because I am sticking to it 100%!! haha

LOL, I try and stay positive, life is what you make it :)

I know how you feel though - on one hand I am happy I've lost half a stone in my first week, on the other I think 'but that's only 7lbs and I want to loose 14lbs NOW' lol - stupid, I know, that would 'normally' take 7 weeks to loose a stone, and thats going really good guns on other diets I've been on. So 1 week to do what has taken between 4-7 weeks before?! AMAZING! :D

Write down what you would be if you were doing traditional dieting - it will make you think 'wow, I'm loosing loads' lol :)

Hiya, we started on the same day. I'm having a little struggle at the moment but fingers crossed I can nip it in the bud. Well done on your loss so far x

LOL, I try and stay positive, life is what you make it :)

I know how you feel though - on one hand I am happy I've lost half a stone in my first week, on the other I think 'but that's only 7lbs and I want to loose 14lbs NOW' lol - stupid, I know, that would 'normally' take 7 weeks to loose a stone, and thats going really good guns on other diets I've been on. So 1 week to do what has taken between 4-7 weeks before?! AMAZING! :D

Write down what you would be if you were doing traditional dieting - it will make you think 'wow, I'm loosing loads' lol :)

I know, I did caloried controlled for 2 month, january and february and lost 10lb total......i have now lost more than that in 1 week on exante so i know its better and much faster!!! So im sure I can stick with it......fast results totally work for me!!! haha...x

Hiya, we started on the same day. I'm having a little struggle at the moment but fingers crossed I can nip it in the bud. Well done on your loss so far x

Thankyou. What are you struggling with....anything in particular or just in general?

I have to take each day as it comes and I can never count a day as completed 100% until i wake up and its another day!

Im sure you will nip it in the bud.....look at it like this (which is what i have heard others on here saying) the food you want now will still be there when you are finished the diet!!! That helps me because I know it is so true!! Keep up the good work and holler if you need help!!:D...x

Back