A new me

Fantastic Nat. You must be well chuffed. I also have 6 easter eggs and 2 button chicks sitting in my cupboard for my step grandchildren. They not bothering me at all. You just gotta stay focused. Have a good week hun. Xxxxx

Thanks guys! Will update my stats once back at work as have left my laptop there un purpose so as not to be tempted by work!

Sounds like you guys are in the proper mind set. It really is mind over matter isn't it?! You have to be in the right mind state to achieve your goals.

Catch ya later! Enjoy the sun x x

You have to visualise what you want Nat and you will get it too!

I bought some size 12 Jeans in the beginning as an incentive to get to where I want to be. They wouldnt go over my chubby thighs when I got them, 3 months on and I can actually get them on and finally do them up, need a few more weeks before they would feel comfortable though! xx

Thanks ladies. Have hung my electric blue skinny jeans over my empty fridge. Hope that serves as thinspiration!

Need some advise!!! My boyf just called me and it turns out that I have been invited to a blessing on Sat with all his family and friends. Whilst he was in Cuba he went to a wedding and this blessing is the party back in the uk for the rest of their family and friends. I'm really excited about meeting everyone, however nervous as this is our first official do as a couple. Also, it's my first whilst on the plan. I'm waiting go find out more details am hoping it's not a sit down meal... Fingers crossed for a buffet! That way I can dodge the food!

Went and bought a new dress to wear. Managed to squeeze into a 14. Am hoping next time I wear It it's loose and will hang better. Wish me luck ladies any advice welcome!

Natalie xxx

Hey, thats lovely being invited to nthe blessing and aw sweet your first official outing as a couple, bless!

Do you have a bar you could take with you whilst people are eating?

Bet you look lovely and nothing feels as good as a smaller size dress. I have bought some holiday clothes today all in size 12! Can wait to get into them, I am under no illusion by the time my holiday comes in Aug they will fit perfectly! xx

That's such a positive move! I was tempted by size 14 everything but need to wait a while longer for 14 jeans!

I know this is a bit gross but has anyone had any side affect concerning the bathroom? Not good!!!

Great news on the loss Nat, well done that lass.

Bathroom problems, oh yes and then some. If you read through the blogs it can range from a bit of constipation to being a bit tooo wild and free ! lol Dont know which is worse myself, but I tend to be the not constipated kind of gal. Not getting in the way of anything, but I try not to break wind. Or is that TMI lol sorry.

Hope whatever the bother with the bowels gets sorted

Well done on ur loss nat!!!!! amazing xx

Hey guys had to update my diary asap! I've slipped - a tiny slip but its still a slip. I had 2 slices of cucumber and a gin and slim line tonic. Am really annoyed but felt under so much pressure at the blessing. It was a sit down meal with the food in the middle of the table. I took a quarter of a sandwich and just ate the cucumber. Then I ate my cranberry LL bar. Also I cracked under the pressure and had one gin with slim line tonic. I hope this doesn't bring me out of Ketosis. What does everyone think? Am annoyed!!!!! X X

Hi nat. Try not to beat yourself up too much. In the scheme of things it was a tiny lapse and what's done is done. Maybe try to work out what you could have done differently. Where was the pressure coming from? Was it your own internal battle or did someone pour the drink into your mouth and force feed you cucumber?have a ponder about it when you get a moment to reflect...

The pressure feels SO real. I'm back on packs briefly because of struggling to stay in control so I do empathise.

I've been reading about 'avrt', which is more to do with alcohol really but I think the technique could apply really effectively to all kinds of compulsive behaviours. Will post a link later as an on my iPod at the moment. I think you may find it useful or at least interesting!

Well done for having such a controlled lapse btw (if that isn't an oxymoron!) you must have nerves of steel!

Hi Nat,
Agree with Spangly's post, dont beat yourself up, put it behind you and dont let it become an excuse to carry on lapsing as you've blown it. A particular weakness of mine in the past.

I think the situation was a very hard one as you were with new people who you wanted to make a good impression with. Awful lot of wonderful firsts there as well, first proper date as a couple, first outing on the diet and first time meeting new people. Incredible pressure. I can only say well done for doing as well as you did! I probably would have had several G&T's to calm my nerves and ended up eating everything in sight lol

Stay strong lovely x

I'm sure you won't have knocked yourself out of ketosis with that little lapse so don't worry :) I would definitely have a sit down and think about why you really lapsed. If it is social pressure then you can always tell people if they ask (although why they should I'll never know) that you're drinking G&T but actually drink sparkling water. I gave up alcohol about 7 years ago and at first the social pressure was huge and I found it quite difficult explaining why I wasn't drinking. I used to drink red bull because it "looked" like a real drink or I would tell people that I couldn't drink because of "medical reasons". The real reason was because I had started thinking about becoming Muslim and didn't want to drink alcohol. Simple but I found I had to keep justifying it with silly excuses. I slowly realised that people really don't care what you're drinking as long as you are happy and confident. I know this probably isn't really relevant but if you're worrying about what people are thinking I just wanted to share my experience with you.

Keep up the good work and it can only get easier xxx

I'm on my phone at the mo so can't find you a link.

There is a thread on the dangers of alcohol when in ketosis.

I'm sure one G&T won't harm you so don't panic. It may strengthen your resolve next time if you read the info.

We learn lots about ourselves from lapses too! Xx

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

Here is the link to the whole thread as promised. x

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ation/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

That's an interesting read, thanks for sharing Hannah x

Thanks all. Had a huge word with myself on Sunday. When I look back I was embarrassed! Stupid really I have nothing to be ashamed of. I've put it behind me and am back on it with a passion. Even went to the gym this morning. Did 30 mins cardio and 30 mins light upper body weights to tone up my arms. I found it surprisingly ok. Am gonna attempt spinning this week as was well into it before I started LL. That will be the true test. Weigh in tomorrow. Let's hope my slip doesn't affect the scales x x

HannahNewton said:
DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

Here is the link to the whole thread as promised. x

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-faq-general-information/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

Wow Hannah. You never cease to amaze me with your informative information . Thanks hun. That explains the state of me a fortnight ago lol. Xxxxx

Line drawn severely under it Nat hun. Here's to a new week. Rock on. Xxxxxx

Good luck for your WI!

I wouldnt worry too much about your G&T, some of the girls in my class have quite a few and have been fine. Not that I am encouraging you, just trying to reassure you! xx

Today is the start of week 3 and I'm 1.2lbs off losing a stone. I'm feeling really positive and determine to hit my goal weight. Last night at weigh in I lost 2.9lbs. A small loss but after last week it was to be expected.

It's my last week of my holiday and I have a couple of challenges ahead. BBQ for the Royal Wedding and on Sat night I'm going to a gig. I'm determine not to cheat!

Hope everyone is good x x

Back