A new perspective

Thornhill Cate

50+ and fabulous
Went to a business networking event tonight and there was a buffet. I looked at it and didn't even want it. This is so contrary to what I would have been like just five weeks ago; I'd have filled my plate a couple of times over without thinking. Tonight I was perfectly content just to sip black coffee and water. I didn't even feel deprived while everyone else tucked in. I have to take this behaviour and this feeling with me when I finish LT. I was also one of the slimmest women in the room rather than one of the largest, something I haven't been for many a long year, although as I am still some way off being a healthy BMI it says more about the size of most of the other women present than it does about my not yet sylph like figure! Obesity is so prevalent in our society. It felt great to be so in control and to feel that I was putting myself i.e. my health and vanity, first over my desire to eat for no real reason.

Your experience was a great morale boost for you. Well done for resisting temptation.
Definitely TFR does give you another perspective. We come to realise just how often and how much time is spent around and with food. We seem to live to eat rather than eat to live. It is this mindset we need to shift in order to deal with our weight issues.

wow well done...pure willpower....
(willpower is trying hard not to do something you want to do very much)...x

Your experience was a great morale boost for you. Well done for resisting temptation.
Definitely TFR does give you another perspective. We come to realise just how often and how much time is spent around and with food. We seem to live to eat rather than eat to live. It is this mindset we need to shift in order to deal with our weight issues.

You are so right Molly. One of the things I've noticed too is how little I actually have to open the fridge door now during the day - in effect I don't once my son's breakfast has been sorted - mainly as I am no longer having milk in my coffee. Often during the day, even if I wasn't intending to eat, I would open the fridge to get milk out to make a coffee and end up seeing something and eating it. Now that I don't have this trigger I don't even think about it. I really want to stay on black coffee when I finish this for this reason among others. I was dreading drinking black coffee as I loved my lattes and cappuccinos but find that it has been no problem at all and I really quite like it. I now intend to have a skinny latte as an occasional treat when I'm out instead of making them for myself at home all the time.

Last edited:
Wise words, Cate. That's given me a lot to think about. A new perspective indeed.

Back