A New start and all that

TheSingleDad

Hi folks - not many blokes here it would appear...

anyway, i have been attending my group for 3 weeks, and so far i have lost 17.5 pounds - a long way to go though!!!

Hope to keep in touch with some people here. Main motivation for me is to be more active with the children, and hopefully not end the year single!!

Hi :welcome2:
Congrats on the weight you've lost so far!
Good luck with the rest & I hope you achieve your goals x

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your losses. We do have quite a few men on here, not sure if there is many on SW though

Irene xx

DoodleLover - we started on the same day!!!

Lets see if this works....

Congratulations and well done.

Cah-ching.

Welcome and good luck. U certainly have good reason for the weight-loss :) xxxx

Chunky Monkey - thanks - it's just me being honest - and for me (especially this year) it is a big motivation!!

Sounds like you are all doing fabulously - well done all!!

Hoping to lose steadily, 2.5-3.5 pounds a week for the next 3 months or so - should have lost 3 stone in 3 months i reckon. I "pre-paid" for the Sliiming World thing for 12 weeks, and i am 3 weeks in. I want to have lost 3 stone by the time those 12 weeks are up - that is my first target.

I went to the gym in my lunch hour today - oof.

Hi, i'm new to this forum but not new to dieting!!
Got engaged at Christmas so hope that my wedding will give me the motivation i need to lose the weight. (along with your support :))

I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS & have been advised that the low GL diet works best for this.
So far i have found it really difficult as bread, potatoes, rice or pasta seem to be the staple of every recipe i have ever known. if anyone out there has any tips for me i'd be very grateful!!
Would also be nice to speak to anyone out there with PCOS who is trying to lose weight.
Thanks xx

2011bride, apologies for my ignorance, but tell me what PCOS is, because i do not know.

Pink Princess - fellow joinee of today - good luck to you too

xx

PP,
just looked at your statistics - you are doing really well, narly halfway already - thats fabulous.

x

Hi Pink Princess. Well done on your weightloss so far! how have you found it?

PCOS is Polycystic ovary syndrome. its an endocrine/metabolic disorder. it effects weight as the hormone imbalance causes weight gain but then weight gain makes the hormone imbalance worse. bit of a vicous circle. There is more 2 it but if i lose the weight hopefully the others will go away 2! :) xx

Thanks hun, its been hard. But I am so proud of myself. I have done so many diets and never succeeded, slimming world is the only one that works for me.

Sorry single dad for taking over your thread xx

Hiya Singledad, Sorry i got a bit confused and thought that Pink Princess had asked what PCOS was. I'm new 2 all this!!
Just noticed that ure from the wirral, my fiance comes from down there. :)

Well done on your weightloss also! xx

Thanks - well, Slimming World is working for me too so far (incidentally, hope the fight against PCOS is your next success), but i am trying to build in some proper exercise - i would like to think i can make it to the gym, maybe 4 times a week - for a mix of swimming and running.

Will see how that goes though.

Back