A new start for a new me

wofie89

Hi there, I've just joined MiniMins but I have been reading all the different threads and posts for the past week and they have been so helpful and motivational.:)

I started anew last week after having started and restarted dieting for the better part of 4 years and I want this year to be the year that I lose the weight and keep it off. I don't have much to lose to get me into a healthy BMI but being in my early twenties and living away from home I want any bad habits I have created to be well and truly broken.

My mum and I have decided to use the old WW points system, We used to go to the meetings but both agreed we did better in the past when we did it on our own. We are weighing ourselves every two weeks instead of every week just to try and stop jumping on and off the scales every two-three days as I used to in the past.

Im going on the scales for the first time since 28/03 so hopefully things will have gotten off to a rolling start!

Thanks for reading :D

Hey all, just been on the scales and lost 4 pounds over my first two weeks which is great because before starting back on weight watchers I was eating so much rubbish!

Really pleased so am going to be crazily bouncing around at zumba this morning :D

Hey there, so yesterday was a 'day off' went to zumba which was excellent I really enjoy it, the instructor came up at the end and mentioned how well I was doing lol. Went out for my dinner though but think I did well because I ate until I was full and not until my plate was empty so a small success there!

Today has gone well I've eaten 17.5 of my daily 20 old ww points and thats good for me as I always struggle on weekends. Head back to uni tomorrow after three weeks off so the real struggle begins without being at homw with people to keep me on track but theres plenty of support here I can tap into! :D

Back at uni, spent five hours on a train and would usually buy a sandwich and crisps and get a pizza or something when I got to my flat but was really good, instead I made a sandwich to eat for 2.5 points and my mum made me sheperds pie in a container to take back up with me for 6 points and it was gorgeous!!!

Went to zumba this morning that makes three times this week, think I could be completely addicted haha.

Hope everyone else had a good Sunday night :)

So first full day back at uni and has gone ok. Started off well but made some soup at lunch, put it in the blender to liquidise it and turned it the wrong way so I ended up with hot soup all over the kitchen counter yikes :O managed to clean it up ok with some help and enough soup was saved to have a bowl for lunch.

Made a tuna burger for tea with rice and salad to give me a total up to now of 14 points. Went to the gym to start my race for life training did 3.1km with a combo of walking and jogging so got a burn in my legs now!!

Off to get supper and relax with some TV, hope everyone else had a good day :D

So another good dieting day, finished the day on 18.5/20 points. Busy day at uni so took my soup in a flask and was amazed at how hot it stayed (have tried flasks in the past and have always ended up with luke warm soup- yuk).

Have a big challenge on Friday because I have been invited out for pizza and drinks for a friends birthday. I'm not a big drinker so can easily pass the evening drinking diet coke but its trying not to get carried away with eating lots and lots of pizza!! Anyone any suggestions on how to handle a meal out with friends? :)

So have been majorly busy over last couple of days so not had a chance to up-date my weight loss diary : )

Thursday: was a good day diet wise, went out for a coffee with a friend and was able to resist all the lovely cakes at the counter :D the rest of the day was fine got home from uni about five and was really hungry so had an earlish tea but later got really hungry again but got so caught up with uni work that I didnt get anything to eat until about half 9-10 and by then my stomach was really sore and cramping and even after I had eaten and gone to bed I couldnt sleep til about 2 because of how sore it was. :(

Friday was fine ate over my points but had a few banked so used some of those.

Saturday: Went out for a friends birthday to an italian resturant. I had a decent lunch of sandwich, low fat crisps and raisins for 6.5 points because I knew it would be a while before I ate again. At the resturant got a pasta dish and using the eating out guide worked it out as 8 points however... low and behold the stomach pain started again mid way through the meal, I ignored it and just focused on enjoying the night but it was annoying and lasted again til about 1-2 am.

In the end I came to the conclusion that it was most likely due to large gaps between eating then eating a really big meal compared to what I've been eating on WW, a bit silly really! :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Sooo had 26/20 points today but definately needed it was really hungry come late afternoon. Its ok though as I went to the gym Monday and Tuesday and did 30 mins on the running machine earing 7 activity points in total and banked 5.5 so altogether had 12.5 points banked in two days so thought it would be ok to eat those banked and half an activity point :) but hey when you are hungry thats what they are there for!

Apart from that everything is going good, I'm heading home tomorrow for easter weekend and weigh myself on Friday which will take me up to week 4. So nervous, am hoping for a 4lb loss, so two each week, but I try not to put a target on it as a loss is a loss. Hoping for a relaxed weekend food wise-definately earned it but will try not to go overboard! there is also the added dilemna that lent finishes and I can eat chocolate again!!

Oh well will have to wait and see what happens :D

So had my second weigh in today and lost 2lbs, was a bit disppoinred as I expected to lose more in two weeks but it is my TOTM so that might explain it but have stuck to the diet really well. Oh well a loss is a loss :)

Hi there so it's been ages since I last posted but have been really busy revising for exams but they are all over in two weeks so I can become a post-a-holic after then : )

Have been sticking to the diet, had about four days off it for Easter weekend but got back on the wagon on tuesday and since then it's been good. I broke up all my Easter eggs into 3 point bags and have been having one a day to feed my sweet tooth lol.

Also started week 4 of the c25k programme which was hard work, a lot harder than the last three weeks I have done but can tell I'm getting

Oops didn't mean to send then lol, just saying can feel I'm getting more active which is great : D

Hopefully it will make a difference on the scales, weigh in again this Friday and that will mark six weeks on the diet eek : O

well done on your weight loss so far. hope your weigh in on friday goes well.good luck.

Back