A New start.....

sabz

Hi Guys, so on sunday I started the Atkins all was going well and I got through the first day but then monday came and i came to work ( i own a off license full off junk) and half way through the day I lost my will power and scoffed for England.

So today im starting calorie counting. Ive read the sticky about how many calories I should have and I think it should be around 1500 with the calorie deficit. So heres to a new start.

Ive struggled for years with my weight losing over 6 stones in 2006-2007 but gaining it all again. Back then I was calorie counting and going to the gym for 1hr every day but for some reason it doesn't come off as easy anymore... must be the age.

I need lots of help and motivation because Ive hit rock bottom and Im very depressed with my size. I had some jeans on yesterday and I couldn't sit with the button open and had to undo it. My weight is getting out of control and I cannot seem to curb the cravings...i just keep on eating and eating and sitting amongst all this junk which im sure is always calling out my name doesnt help. So im looking to you guys for some supoort and motivation to keep me going......

Hi Saz

You can do it!! I recommend lots of fruit and veg to pad out your meals and protein to keep you full :D Good thing is though, you can have anything you crave as long as you factor it in properly.

You are going to have to have the will power of a saint if you own an off licence!! But you can def do it ! Do you have My Fitness Pal? Its invaluable. Honestly once you really committ to calorie counting, junk food does lose a lot of its appeal because once teeny packet of crisps or a measly chocolate biscuit just doesn't seem worth it to me for the same calories if not MORE than a huge bowl of soup or whatever!

GOOD LUCK :)

Hi BerryBerry, yep i use my fitnesspal sometimes... its shocking the amount of calories certain foods have.... I had chicken with salad for lunch but apparently chicken also has alot of calories in it. I had a chicken leg and that's like 200 odd calories

its so difficult sitting here wanting to pick at stuff but i guess i need to prepare with lots of food and veg.... hope i can stick at it!

Yeah, I have started chopping cucumber, celery, carrots, pepper etc into little sticks and having them on my desk for munching throughout the day. Or chop up fruit for the same, apple/strawberries/banana. Hot drinks really help in this chilly weather too and keep your hands occupied. Herbals teas etc are negligible calories, and even a cup of normal tea with a dash of milk will be <15.

The chicken leg will fill you up a lot more than a chocolate bar/pack of crisps for the same calorie count, also do you like fish? Its good to substitute meat for that sometimes as its still a good source of protein but really low cal.

good idea because as soon as it hits 5pm its downhill for me. My day starts at 7 ends at 11 so i think my body wants a meal at 5pm and instead i reach out for the snacks.....
yeh i like fish will just mix it around but im determined this time

sabz said:
Hi BerryBerry, yep i use my fitnesspal sometimes... its shocking the amount of calories certain foods have.... I had chicken with salad for lunch but apparently chicken also has alot of calories in it. I had a chicken leg and that's like 200 odd calories

its so difficult sitting here wanting to pick at stuff but i guess i need to prepare with lots of food and veg.... hope i can stick at it!

On the chicken leg a lot of the calories will be in the skin.
Remove it, or by skinless breasts (i buy frozen) and the calories are a lot lower.

I'm a terrible snacker/picker, and have worked that allowing myself to snack when i want to on health snacks works better for me.
I'm not really a fruit/veg fan so i snack on things like weetabix with milk, crackerbread and tuna, and low GI Burgen Soya and Linseed bread toasted with different toppings.

Snacks work out at around 200-250 calories, but they fill me up and having something at the table on a plate seems to stop mindless munching.

Hi Miss Amy,

Yeh being surrounded by food all the time i need to have snacks ready... i find that its around 5pm-6.30 when i want to eat everything in sight so today ive got a low calorie choc mousse to take away the chocolate craving. I called the doctor today as im desperate for help and he said its all physiological and he will send me to speak to someone to get to the bottem of it because i can seriously eat and eat and eat and not feel full. I dont even have big meals and portions its the junk thats my downfall choc, crisps, cakes, biscuits.....it never used to be this hard but now its just breaking me down.

You can do it.

I've never succeed as i can't control my snacking, and eating is my comfort blanket.
Happy - eat food to celebrate.
Unhappy - junk for to cheer me up.
Tired - sugar and sweets for the instant hit
Bored - food kills time, its something to do.

I'm trying so hard this time, not to eat in response to my emotions but it's so hard.
I find lots of support here, and MFP and hopefully you will to.

thats a great idea..... might look into it when i have some spare cash. because i get these craving and i just want to eat everything in sight....and it doesnt take alot as i sit here looking at chocs and crisps all day

Back