A New Year to a New Me!

Trixie Firecracker

A Work In Progress
Hi everyone!

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have an even better 2010! :)

I almost feel ashamed coming on here; to give you all a quick introduction, I'm 25 and I'm from Ireland.

I've always had a weight problem even as a child.

A few years ago I really decided to do something about it and started the Atkins diet which worked great for me, I lost about 6 stone in less than a year.

I then started Lipotrim about 2 years ago to shift the last 2/3 stone, which also worked great.

I got down to a size 10, life was great. For the first time in my life I felt as though I could do anything, I got male attention I never got before, I was on top of the world everything was great.

Somewhere along the way I fell off the wagon, and now I'm back where I started I've regained all the weight I ever lost and then some.

I don't know how I've gotten back here, but well I have. C'est la vie.

I don't actually know my starting weight as I'm afraid to weigh myself because I know once I see the real figure it will just dishearten me and I'll feel that I'm a lost cause and I won't be able to do it all second time round.

The real kick in the butt for me came on 31st December - I was abroad over Christmas and I was flying home on New Years Eve. On the flight I was lucky enough to get an emergency aisle window seat, so there I was getting comfy, settling myself in before take-off when one of the Flight Attendants approached me and asked me if I needed a Seat Belt Extender.

Me? Need a Seat Belt Extender? Oh God No!! Those are for other people, not me! I know I'm big but surely to God not that big that a complete stranger would approach me offer me a Seat Belt Extender.

I assured them that I didn't need one and proceeded to belt up... cue *shock horror* I couldn't. I fiddled and I tugged and I huffed and I puffed and I couldn't get the damn seat belt to close.

I was then informed that if I couldn't get the seat belt clasp to close and needed an extender then I could not seat in the emergency window seat aisle and would have to move to the rear of the cabin away from my family.

I was shocked, horrified and gutted that I had let myself get this big. I had been in denial for a very long time thinking that I was "pleasantly plump" and not the morbidly obese which I clearly now was.

In the end I did manage to get the seat belt clasp closed and didn't require the extender but all the way home on the flight I vowed to myself that I now needed to really get in the right frame of mind and do something.

I was going to go back to doing Lipotrim however I'm a student atm and Lipotrim is nearly E70 for me in Ireland which tbh I can't really afford right now, so I now have here with me are the Exante packs which work out at a bargaintastic E20 per week compared to E70 with Lipotrim.

I've just had my first Strawberry Exante Shake and so good so far.

I really think that 2010 is going to be the year that I stick to TFR and turn my life around.

I look forward to getting to know all the newcomers and regulars around here and I know that with a bit of support from each other we'll be well onto our way for reaching our goals in 2010.

Thanks for reading guys!

I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of me around here and I'll have lots of newb questions so please be patient with me! ;)

Good luck everyone

Trixie

I just want to give you a cuddle. I know that's not necessarily the correct social etiquette when you first meet someone but seriously I think you deserve a squish.

First off - absolutely well done for losing all of that weight before. I know exactly how you feel with the exception that you lost more weight than me but it's all gone back on and now I feel more worthless than ever because lets face it - no one force fed us did they?

Now for the positives!! You've learnt from your mistake. You can't possibly not have learnt from this. I say what's done is done - forgive yourself but don't forget as forgetting could have you back here in a years time telling the same story. You have some super willpower to have lost that amount of weight in the first place which just goes to show that you CAN do it. The fight to do it is right there, you've just got to tap into it and focus.

I'm glad you think that 2010 is your year. I think it's my year too.

Let's make it our year!!!

rbx :rainbow:

Hey Rainbow!

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Bah, social netiquette, schmocial schmetiquette! *hugs back*

I'm feeling pretty good today about things - I'll be back in college on Thursday (Agh! So much to do before then!!) and when I'm back I'll be busy during the day so won't be obsessing about eating.

I find TFR so much handier than counting calories etc.. It's a no-brainer, idiot proof if you stick to it properly. And it saves you so much time not having to prepare lunches and dinners etc.. so I think I'll delve into my studies to keep me occupied with all the free time.

That and lots of facials, nail painting, hair styling etc..! lol

I think that this forum will be a Godsend to us when any of us have a moment of weakness, we can be our own lil support group, and that January Challenge is a fantastic idea too to spur people on and motivate them!

I'm already scouring ASOS.com for nice clothes to wear when I'm finished! :D

Back