A plea for some sense to be talked into me please!!

Sparkles.

Hello

I have posted this onto the OBG team thread but I think I need some more help.

Long story short last week I booked to go to Las Vegas to get married on 26/10/2010, pretty much at the same time work has all got a bit rubbish. Last week I managed to eat a KFC and a fried chicken burger at a pub and drink a shed load of wine as well as making some stupid food choices like white bread and sausages without counting it. I couldn't make my normal class and get their support and was quite surprised when I weighed in with only a 0.5 lbs gain.

I now have exactly 14 weeks to my wedding - 0.5lbs of gain per week and I'll be 1/2 stone heavier. 2lbs loss per week and I'll be 2 stone lighter. I know what I want but can't seem to make the right choices.

I guess I am just hoping for someone to say some inspirational to get me going. This is in my power, I just need to take control.

This is what I posted in OBG:

Brides to be can I please ask for some help please, I need some motivational comments to help me find my mojo back. Work has been super rubbish and so I have been enjoying wine and naughty foods to help cheer me up. Seriously!! I am getting married 14 weeks today and I only booked it last week - why can't wedding planning and salad be enough. I am a size 18 now and know that I can be a 14 for the day with enough effort but instead I am eating sh1t. Please can someone give me a talking to and a kick up the bum!! I want thinner wedding pics more than I care about the idiots at work so where is my self control???

Please help me :eek:

Hello!

What an excellent choice of day! Not only is that my birthday, but also mine and DHs 10th wedding anniversary, which is the reason I started this whole weight loss thing going earlier this year. The day I got married, I weighed 18st 10, and I HATE looking at my wedding photos. Seriously, they are in the loft and I never get them out to look at because I cannot stand seeing myself looking that way. I was supposed to be the beautiful blushing bride and instead I was dying inside because all I could think was how awful I looked and how I couldnt believe that this guy would actually want to marry something that looked like I did.

You have a choice in all this. You can end up just like me then, looking back on your wedding pics and deeply regretting that you didnt do more about your weight before hand, so that you were happy with how you looked on that day, or you can be like me now, celebrating that day, for once, feeling really happy with myself and proud of what I have achieved.

Choice is yours chick. Choose wisely, because those pictures will never be taken again.

ETA - I am sorry if this comes across as harsh sounding, it isnt meant to be, but if you really want it, then you will have to stick at it and do your best not to be swayed off course. Planning a wedding is a very stressful thing at the best of times and you will need lots of support to do that, as well as losing weight.

MLM that is exactly the sort of thing I need to hear/read. I have decided that I need to face up to my fat pictures - I had them taken but have always refused to look at them. I hope that by looking at them I will be more motivated not to have my wedding photos be the same - I want to be in control of this!!

PS - the date was by chance, it happens to be the second day we are there which is half term as we are taking our son but we keep on finding people who are telling us why it is a special date. Here's hoping it's all good luck....

You ARE in control of this. There are lots of things you cant control, but this is ONE thing you can. Go to bed tonight, start afresh in the morning with clear goals in your mind. OK, work sucks right now, but look at the amazing thing you have to look forward to!

You dont need to shame yourself into doing this. This is such a positive thing you are doing for yourself, and you CAN do it, and you WILL do it. We will help and support you to make sure that you do. Even if you dont manage the whole 2 stone, every single pound that is gone by the time you set off for your wedding will be one pound that you wont be able to see on those photos. Personally, I totally think you have it in you to do the whole 2 stone - now you have to convince yourself that actually, YOU DO!

Also - as you know, I have the same goal date, and am aiming to lose about the same amount of weight in that time. If you would like a buddy to challenge you and compete a bit with, share tips and angst etc, feel free to lean on me.

hun, one way or another, there will be a framed wedding photo DISPLAYED IN YOUR HOME - FOREVER!!! Day in, day out, think of how many times you will look at it and how many times visitors to the house will look at it and decide NOW how ou want that photo to look. I'd love to have married in Vegas... hope we get to see the pics :D xxxx

Hello

I have posted this onto the OBG team thread but I think I need some more help.

Long story short last week I booked to go to Las Vegas to get married on 26/10/2010, pretty much at the same time work has all got a bit rubbish. Last week I managed to eat a KFC and a fried chicken burger at a pub and drink a shed load of wine as well as making some stupid food choices like white bread and sausages without counting it. I couldn't make my normal class and get their support and was quite surprised when I weighed in with only a 0.5 lbs gain.

I now have exactly 14 weeks to my wedding - 0.5lbs of gain per week and I'll be 1/2 stone heavier. 2lbs loss per week and I'll be 2 stone lighter. I know what I want but can't seem to make the right choices.

I guess I am just hoping for someone to say some inspirational to get me going. This is in my power, I just need to take control.

This is what I posted in OBG:

Brides to be can I please ask for some help please, I need some motivational comments to help me find my mojo back. Work has been super rubbish and so I have been enjoying wine and naughty foods to help cheer me up. Seriously!! I am getting married 14 weeks today and I only booked it last week - why can't wedding planning and salad be enough. I am a size 18 now and know that I can be a 14 for the day with enough effort but instead I am eating sh1t. Please can someone give me a talking to and a kick up the bum!! I want thinner wedding pics more than I care about the idiots at work so where is my self control???

Please help me :eek:

Using the immortal words of Tony Little " YOU CAN DO IT, YOU WILL DO IT AND MOST IMPORTANT YOU WANT TO DO IT".... you know where you went wrong, put it behind you and give yourself a kick......yes you will be stressed, yes you will want comfort food.....but there are lots of choices you (and only you) can make...so instead of KFC... make it yourself KFC slimming world style... it will only take as long to make as jumping in the car (or bus or whatever) and driving to the place and think of the money you will save for all that shopping in Vegas...and trust me you will shop....everytime you fancy something you know you shouldnt have put the cost of it in a jar and see those pounds mount up and the pounds on you drop.....again more money for shopping in Vegas.

BTW I got married in Vegas ( going back next year to renew our vows for our 10th anniversary)... where are you getting married?...

Just to put in my bit on top of all the excellent advice above:

Take it one decision at a time. Every time you are faced with either eating KFC/sausage/burger or not just visualise this:

KFC- delicious but equals the wedding pictures you don't want
Jacket potato= not quite as delicious but you will look amazing

That is it- simple equation! Have it and be big or don't have it and be slim- it is your choice

You really really CAN do this, mate

xxxxxx

thank you all so much for your support!!

The crazy thing is that I don't even like KFC it's just my OH and son were having it and eating that was easier than cooking something for myself which is stupid as I even have some SW meals in the freezer.

On the bright side I have managed to get back into control again and back on plan. I am still eating conveniance foods like rice and tinned mac cheese but I am back in my syns limits. Things at work should get better next week with work and I am going to have a cooking day on Sunday to have plenty of easy meals ready for me next week.

I am getting married here - A Special Memory Las Vegas Wedding Chapel . I'm going out for a first look at dresses with my Mum tomorrow - hopefully seeing what I can have will help encourage me along :)

Once again, thanks for all the comments xx

I am getting married here - A Special Memory Las Vegas Wedding Chapel . I'm going out for a first look at dresses with my Mum tomorrow - hopefully seeing what I can have will help encourage me along :)

Once again, thanks for all the comments xx[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the planning and everything, we got married in what was Little Chapel of the Flowers, now its just Chapel of flowers but I did set up a website about our experience of getting married in Vegas ...we had a blast and cant wait to go back http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/phil_val2001/

Mrs Harley - thank you so much for sharing that with me, I am so pleased to have read something which has taken me through everything. We are going for a much smaller as it is just me, OH and our son. We're planning on arriving in LV at 17.10 and getting our license that night before the ceromony at 11.00 the next morning as we're only there for five days - do you think we're taking a risk?

Try not to find a list of reasons to do this... break it down:

In life you only ever have TWO choices, either u do it or you dont! If u dont, u have to face the consequences.
When u wake up in the morning, you either get out of bed or you dont.... if you dont, u may not get to work & get fired.

So you want to lose weight? Either you eat that thing, or you dont! If u dont, you wont lose weight, if you do, you may lose that week.

So, every day when u are preparing what you plan to eat that day (& thats the only way to do this plan) will u do it? or wont u? Will u be a fat bride or wont u? (im only using those words as this is the way u feel)

Its your choice!

cx

OK, well I went to look at dresses today, just to get an idea of what I wanted. Except I fell in love with and bought one. And it doesn't quite fit - so I need to get right back on it!!

If I get to small it is fine as my mum has a friend who is excellent at alterations however I need to get right back in the right direction!!

Mrs Harley - thank you so much for sharing that with me, I am so pleased to have read something which has taken me through everything. We are going for a much smaller as it is just me, OH and our son. We're planning on arriving in LV at 17.10 and getting our license that night before the ceromony at 11.00 the next morning as we're only there for five days - do you think we're taking a risk?

Taking a risk... not in the least, you will love it, during the day its like a giant toy town at night it comes even more alive, there are lots of free shows in the hotels to see... you are gonna love it... make sure you get to Freidmont St one night ... light show is not to be missed...oh and have breakfast at Manalay Bay, their buffet is to die for...we used to get there for about 11 have breakfast while they bought out the lunch buffet and then tuck into that....Enjoy and post plenty of pics

Back