A pound of fat.. (food mentioned)

yeah i know and the website no longer works if you go to order one! i wonder if you can find them in england, i will start having a look later on! x

You know when Oprah Winfrey dragged that cart full of lard on the stage to show how much she had lost? I wanna do that! (Although preferably not on national telly)

I would love to see what 140 lbs of the stuff would look like. Thats what I am planning on losing. To put it into persceptive I gym it alot and I stuggle to bench press that much. Let alone carry it around.

My CDC showed me a pound of fat..

YUCK!!! It's big a blobby.. the size and weight of a large grapefruit...

So, I've just been looking online at a pound of fat.. it's about 450 grams (just over).. and when you search sainsburys online for food that weights the same as a pound.. it's..

-a large box of cornflakes/rice krispies/
-a large rump steak
-four cod fillets in breadcrumbs
-2 gammon steaks
-a family pot of yogurt
-3 cornish pasties
-a whole packet of bacon
-a family size cheesecake

I had NO IDEA that 1POUND is the weight of any of these items..

That's HUGE!!

I "ONLY" lost 1 pound this week.. but now I have it more in proportion... it's a HUGE amount.. if you have any of these items in the house.. don't eat them.. hold them against your body and see how much you have lost each time you have lost a pound!!! :D

Vxxx

Gosh this is mad! I've lost 30 large rump stakes. I wouldn't be able to lift that!

I've lifted 18lbs of raw chicken when i'd lost about 20lbs and I was so shocked how heavy it was.

Great post hun, thanks so much xxx

It's cool, but what you have to remember is when you see it all in one single chunk it's going to look a lot more than you lose from your own body. A pound is barely noticeable when it comes off in a small layer from all around the body :)

Well, for me, anyway

How many gammon steaks have you lost in total? heehee :D

guys.. about the regrets of putting on so much weight in the first place.. once it's gone, it's gone.. there are people on this planet who are bigger than you ever got.. be kind to yourself.. and remember.. there are benefits to having once been larger.. for me..

I have really strong healthy legs for having carried so much weight so long :D

I'm loving and appreciating my new found health, but I'm not arrogant about it, and I have a healthy humility and understanding of how easy it is for anyone to get into comfort eating etc.. so I haven't turned into some body-fascist who stops seeing the value in people, and only sees their size/clothes.. It's easier to value people's strengths when you've been there yourself.

I've discovered that my body has the capacity to renew itself, and that helps me recognise that I have the capacity to renew my life in other areas too.. go new places, learn new things, feel freed up..

I wouldn't have any of these to this extent, if I hadn't had the weight in the first place..

Here's to CD! :D

Vxx

Hi I've just copied and pasted your post into my inspirational posts folder, I too regret putting on the weight in the first place but as you said, once its gone its gone and remembering how it felt to be bigger is an insentive to keep it off!

that's fab hun!
1lb off is better than 3 cornish pasties on! :D
xxx

I can't believe the 5lb one takes up nearly a whole shelf in the fridge. I've lost five of those. Would that even FIT in the fridge? And then five more that I have to lose - that definitely won't fit in the fridge!

I think I will amuse myself piling up 26lb of lard in the supermarket this weekend - you get some funny looks, but its worth it!

Back