A question for those on maintainance please

cddietgal

Hello
Just pondering really as restarting CD asap!I lost 4st last year and put it all back on!
So,those who are maintaining can I ask a few questions please?

How long have you been maintaining?

How do you maintain?

What I mean is do you go back and start eating normally again,not obviously what you ate before but a normal 3 meals a day healthy diet for ever more or do you do the low carb diet for the rest of your lives?or do you do the 3 meals and everytime you put a bit of weight on do CD for a couple of weeks?

Just very curiouse as trying to find out where i went wrong

Many Thanks
Cdg x

Cdg, what a great thread! I've just started CD for the first time and plan to still do CD 2 days a week maybe or 1 day at least every 2 weeks.

But really when I finish I would like to stick with 1250 - 1300 cals a day and exercise about 4/5 sessions a week for 45 mins. And stick with 2ltrs of water day.

What and how do you plan to go about things this time when you finish.

Well done by the way 4st is great work! I'm sure you'll be back there in no time.

Bren
X

Hi there

I reached goal around the end of October last year but really my goal weight was unrealistic and i put on around 4 - 5lbs pretty quickly.

I maintained for a good 3 months and then due to many reasons I got into some bad eating habits again but kept dipping in and out of cd as i went along.

All in all I went up a stone but I am now back on CD to get rid of it once and for all and then maintain properly!!

Maintenance is definitely the most difficult part. This time when i get to goal which will hopefully be in the next 3 weeks, I'm going to go back to normal eating weight watchers style as i think that is a healthy way of eating "normally"

Good luck xxx

I plan to eat really well on calories Jo too. I just dont understand the whole points thing although it has been years but always found healthy eating within the calorie counting was my thing.

Well lets do it and do it for the last time. I have 24lbs to loose and this will hopefully change tomorrow after my first weigh in. I'm doing 790 not SS.

Bren
X

This is a really good question and I look forward to seeing other people's replies.
I used a BMR calculator to calculate that when I get to my goal weight I should be able to maintain by eating 1750 calories a day and working out for an hour x3 a week. I am desperately hoping this will work!!
Ruth

Just over 3 years.

How do you maintain?
I could probably write a few books on that, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Give myself foods that keep me well and make myself feel good. Add a few non-healthy stuff if required. Get fresh air, preferably whilst moving.

What I mean is do you go back and start eating normally again,not obviously what you ate before but a normal 3 meals a day healthy diet for ever more
I went up the CD plans, then moved on to calorie counting until I felt confident enough to 'go it alone'. I don't count anything now.

or do you do the low carb diet for the rest of your lives?
I guess you could if you wanted to, but I didn't. I also didn't want to do a diet plan where I would spend my lifetime thinking about counting anything.

Plus, I was a little concerned about making a diet plan into a long term maintenance plan, as many diets have a base on 'low' something, be it low carb, low fat. I just wanted to be normal and follow a way of eating that would include healthy fats, carbs etc.

or do you do the 3 meals and everytime you put a bit of weight on do CD for a couple of weeks?
I eat about 6 times a day, but I don't count ;) Eat when I'm hungry sort of thing. I don't use CD, and haven't done since I moved up the plans.

Nothing wrong with using CD though...just wanted to stay away from diet foods. The maximum I have put on (then lost again quite naturally, has been 4lbs). I put that on one Christmas, and also after a 2 week holiday. Both times it came off when I went back to eating 'normally', but just being a little more aware.

All sounds a bit idyllic doesn't it ;) but it has included masses of head work, really learning how to deal with my demons and what drove me to eat more than I needed.

Fast forward 3 years, and in terms of weight/eating etc, I feel very confident that I can keep this up for ever because it's now in such a place that it's just not hard to do so IYKWIM.

Like it, so think I'll stay here :D

2 and a half years now

How do you maintain?

Just eat normally! Don't undereat or overeat anymore.

What I mean is do you go back and start eating normally again,not obviously what you ate before but a normal 3 meals a day

I did the Cambridge refeed to the absolute letter and then I did some calorie counting for a few months to learn what calories i needed as well as what calories are actually in stuff, my opinion of what is low calorie and what is low calorie were not the same! Realised that even healthy food can make you put weight on if you eat enough of it!

healthy diet for ever more or do you do the low carb diet for the rest of your lives?

Personally don't believe in doing any diet after I finished the diet (if that makes sense), for me it is all about just eating what I need and been healthy. By doing something like low carb I am restricting my food group choices and for me that isn't balanced.

or do you do the 3 meals and everytime you put a bit of weight on do CD for a couple of weeks?

Not had any packs since I finished, well apart from the ones to see what they taste like!

Back