Kdiddly's Diary

kdiddly

We've all got this! C'monnnn!!!
Morning all,

So, I think this is the first time that I have created a diary but definitely NOT the first time on any kind of diet- I think I can safely say that I have tried them all! I've had the advice from a current member to keep a diary and she's right, It will keep me on track! I've been on this forum for a few years. Initially, when I joined, i wanted to lose weight to help me with my fertility issues. I'd tried LT a few years ago and lost 3st- quickly and then, even more quickly, put that back on! tried to get back on the wagon multiple times but willpower, I did not have!
Anyway, as I said, I wanted to lose weight to help me increase my chances of conceiving- I have a (now) 23 year old daughter who I had at 19, I'm now 43 (just turned) and I was unable to conceive until the year of 2019, when I then had my daughter (a miscarriage in between and another last year :-( ) during the time before having my 2nd daughter, I lost 4st- i think at my heaviest, i was 15.13 and for a 5ft2'er, that did not look good on me! the lowest I got to was 11.7 and was fitting into a size 10 :) I don't remember the last time i had been a 10! It wasn't the fact that I was a 10, more of the confidence I had and how I felt as a person. I was at the height of my physical fitness (i was boxing/kickboxing 5 times a week) and I felt the best I can remember feeling. I suffer from depression ( can't believe i'm telling this to strangers!) and training and feeling great about myself, really helped my mood.
Fast forward to now, I'm currently (as of today and on day 4 on TS Exante) 12.6- I have lost 3lb so far. I'm still not in Ketosis (thought my POAS days were over!) I am still cold and have a bad headache but I know that from previous attempts on Exante that this is to be expected. I'm sat here thinking about what my focus actually is to do this diet and if I'm honest, I'm not sure- I'm taking it day by day. If my trainer knew I was doing this, he would go mad! he is not so keen on these "fad diets" However, I have never been one to do as I'm told! and I know in myself that I'm an all or nothing girl- i need to see the scales move! I kind of like the restrictiveness of this- I'm not safe to be let loose with calories (again, been there!) I have no doubt that I may have slip ups on the way as I have many times or maybe this time, I won't? maybe as I don't necessarily have a focus, it might work this time. I also think that I'm in the right mindset today- as I say, taking this day by day- I know I'm going to struggle more at the weekends- i'm thinking about what do i want? Treats or do I want to be ME more?! The first weekend will be the test!
Thinking about it now, maybe I do have goals- are these the same as focus? I dunno! - i'm going to be a bridesmaid in Nov- all the other bridesmaids are hotties and slim- I don't wanna be the biggest one and I guess, another goal maybe will get back down to 11.7, just to hopefully, feel that confidence again.

Anyway, I have droned on enough, if you've got this far reading my epilogue, I thank you! It would be great to hear from others to support each other- the forum seems to be much quieter these days :-(

K xx

P.S I've just realised I had put this in the wrong section earlier- I've now put it in the correct section!

Just because it's Saturday... DOES NOT MEAN I CAN FILL MY FAT FACE! woke up starving today - surely, i should be in ketosis on day 5??!! I usually try and have my shakes at around 12-30- 1 and 3 (split my first pack up) and then another one at 6-30/7 and then a bar at 9:30/10..... I have a feeling it's gonna be a looonngggg day as my little one likes to be up at the crack of dawn and I'm gonna try and stick to my timings. Here's hoping and praying!xx

Well, today’s been a busy day, realised why I was so hungry this morn- I’d split one of packs in 2 and forgot to have the 2nd shake! All makes sense now! Anyway, I held off until 2pm to have that half and now, at 8pm, just having my 2nd “meal” ( a shake!) made the kids 2 different dinners and was sooo freaking hard to not chomp on some rice! I’ve got one more product that I’ll have a bar- kinda like a treat with a Coke Zero later! So rock n roll on a Saturday night! A very different night to my usual eves!
I hope everyone’s having a good day and thinking thin! It’s sooo quiet on these forums these days but if I’m typing on here boring the crap out of you guys and not stuffing my face, sorry to you guys, but not sorry!

Hey!
Welcome back!
I too had been on minimins for years , and have recently come back, as you say it’s very quiet now but hopefully if a few of us post a bit more it might encourage old and new members to come back🤞
Good luck with your journey, I don’t know what Exante is? See a few people have done it on here, but I am doing calorie counting as such .
In the past I’ve done slimming World a few times too along with slim fast on random occasions…
They have all worked in the past when sticking to it and getting in the swing of things etc … but alas once I’d got where I wanted to be , I stopped , never overly monitored my weight, dell back into old habits and alas they weight went back on !🙄
I’ve reached my goal or almost many times over the years but after getting there I seemed to stop …🤷‍♀️
So here I am again😂
I’m sure we can all do this with commitment, accountability and help from each other 👍😊
I’m just going to ramble on anything and everything in my diary until I can get my focus back properly!

Hi Zafira!

Thanks for the message! Exante are meal replacements- shakes, bars. 'meals' etc, and you can choose yourself how you want to use them, depending on how quickly you want to lose weight as I certainly think it's not for the faint hearted! At the min, I am doing 2 sachets and a 'bar' - works out at roughly 620 cals and aiming to drink 2.5-3 litres of water a day.
I've done CC also (started CC in Nov last year) and lost just over a stone - i was previously 13.10, put a few lbs on over the festive period - I think the damage could have been much worse if I still wasn't training throughout!
It's sooooo easy how quickly the weight can go back on isn't it!
I'm here if you or anyone needs to rant or to keep themselves away from the fridge! - today is a bit of a difficult one- my MIL always has my young daughter overnight on Sundays and I would usually take full advantage of my night off! I guess it's mind over matter! If I can get through today/tonight, I've won the battle this week!
Feeling very 'scatty' today- definitely think it could be low sugars. Anyone else have brain fog?! xx

Well, thought I’d have a little peak on the scales this morning (official weigh in day Tuesdays) I’m down 6lb! I’ll take that! Happy Monday all! Xx

@littlemissnaughty thank you so much! :) thank you for the inspiration-you, unknowingly, have been a lifesaver! By writing on here, has saved me the weekend of not being in the fridge and self sabotaging!
Just come back from training and told my PT that i've been doing exante and he wasn't happy but hey ho, it's my decision and I shall do what I want to do = no offence to him!! Although, I must admit, I found myself tiring so much quicker- my energy levels are definitely depleted...maybe tomorrow, I'll ask him if we can do strength and conditioning, rather than boxing..... I'm not sure.. will see on the day I guess. Didn't think that I was so bothered about seeing the scales go down to 11 something .... but I am - I want it, may be I won't weigh tomorrow and just stick to Mondays as weigh in day- I told myself I WAS NOT GOING TO BECOME SCALES OBSESSED! Another thing I will see tomorrow! Oooh, the ramblings of a hungry woman!! xx

Ah hun, no thanks needed. I know it really works for me having a diary. By writing everything down you can't lie to yourself or try and cheat. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone but I'm really pleased it's working for you :)

I bet you're PT didn't like you doing exante, I imagine their mind set is that you should eat properly blar blar blar!! Stick with what you're doing, it'll not be forever :)

I am totally obsessed with the scales. I tell myself every day that I don't need to see the figure but then check most days any way, lol! I'm not convinced it's a bad thing, it keeps me motivated.

Thank you :) Yep, it's definitely helped these last few days! I keep saying that it's one day at a time! That helps at the min!
Yeah, he keeps saying "it'll go straight back on as soon as you start eating" You're totally right, this isn't forever and I will be happy within myself and not everything will be perfect but I will feel better to tackle such things!
Hey, if it keeps you motivated then that's what you shall do! you're not harming anyone! xx

Thank you :) Yep, it's definitely helped these last few days! I keep saying that it's one day at a time! That helps at the min!
Yeah, he keeps saying "it'll go straight back on as soon as you start eating" You're totally right, this isn't forever and I will be happy within myself and not everything will be perfect but I will feel better to tackle such things!
Hey, if it keeps you motivated then that's what you shall do! you're not harming anyone! xx

And he's right, if you have no control after you come off it, then yes it will go back on but that's the same with any diet. I always think it's about changing your mind set and also not being as hungry after you come off it because hopefully your stomach will have shrunk.
Do you plan on doing Exante long term or just using it to give you a boost? I've never done it so not 100% sure how it works but always think it's about what works for you :)

Yep, you're right, you can put it on with any diet if you don't follow up!
I'm hoping to do 100% for at least the next 2 weeks - my husband works away and is home for a few days then so, if I can stay on for at least the next 2 weeks TS, then I have won that battle with myself! and then, see what happens after that!- one day at a time!
xx

Yep, you're right, you can put it on with any diet if you don't follow up!
I'm hoping to do 100% for at least the next 2 weeks - my husband works away and is home for a few days then so, if I can stay on for at least the next 2 weeks TS, then I have won that battle with myself! and then, see what happens after that!- one day at a time!
xx

Yep one day at a time. You've got this :)

Oh my word.... I've literally just wrote this on your diary before reading this!!!
xx

Well, it's just gone 8pm and I have stayed on track for another day :) 4ltr of water down too. I did rebel a bit and had a coke zero also! I will have another one when I have my last 'meal' of the day in bed, watching re-runs of Waterloo Road! Easy watching before sleep! PT at 8:30am tomorrow (that'll be after my decision whether to weigh or not!
xx

Well, I did weigh in and still 12.3…. If I’m honest, I’m not too sure how I feel about that!
Xx

You're right LMN, I have lost 6lbs- which, yesterday, I was really happy with that but today I felt like it should have been another 1lb! I've been reading other posts and some have lost up to 15lb in a week! I have to admit, I was completely jealous! I'm thinking whether it was because I haD PT. Maybe, on PT days, do I add the 200 cal meal as obvs, i'm using more energy (although you wouldn't think this, with my last 2 sessions! i've been a ill functioning being- throwing punches like scrappy doo!
I annoy myself that I compare myself to other weight losses and what people have done is fanbloodytastic.... i guess i just wanted a piece of the pie.... mmmm pieeeee!!
xx

You're right LMN, I have lost 6lbs- which, yesterday, I was really happy with that but today I felt like it should have been another 1lb! I've been reading other posts and some have lost up to 15lb in a week! I have to admit, I was completely jealous! I'm thinking whether it was because I haD PT. Maybe, on PT days, do I add the 200 cal meal as obvs, i'm using more energy (although you wouldn't think this, with my last 2 sessions! i've been a ill functioning being- throwing punches like scrappy doo!
I annoy myself that I compare myself to other weight losses and what people have done is fanbloodytastic.... i guess i just wanted a piece of the pie.... mmmm pieeeee!!
xx
6lbs is bloody amazing! But I do understand what you mean about wanting to be like other people. You haven't got all that much weight to lose though, so that might be a reason for not losing as much as others. Also weight fluctuates every day for all different reasons, so don't be hard on yourself.
You're doing fab, so stick with it :)

Back