A Quick hello

Rach88

Hi all

I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Rachel and I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now, reading all your posts and generally being inspired by how well you are all doing.

I have been calorie counting for a couple of months (currently on 1200 a day- MFP) but have been too afraid to get on some scales and get an accurate picture of where i am.

However reading everything here made me buy some scales this weekend, take a reading and start the life change with some idea of where i'm aiming to get to. I'm 27, 5'6 and currently 166 pounds and aiming to be 140 by October if possible as my husband and I are going to Oz for a year and i'd like to wear some shorts and feel good. Am hoping that joining here and posting now will keep me motivated to reach my goal. My weight has gone up and down over the years but i am determined this time to get thin and stay there.

Have probably gone on far too long now so i'll stop but i look forward to being able to be part of your discussions rather than just reading them! :)

Hi Rachel, welcome and a big well done for taking the (admittedly scary) step of getting on the scales. I'm sure you'll hit your goal by October - just stick with it!

Hi Rachel. I'm on a different diet but it makes no difference. You'll get plenty of support from everyone on here :)
Welcome aboard.

Welcome and good luck x

Hi Rachel! I'm on 1200 (mostly :) ) too! Good luck with your goal! How jealous am I of a year in OZ??? You've definitely got something good to motivate you!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

I'm feeling pretty positive today about keeping motivated and I'm hoping seeing the numbers on the scales go down will only encourage me more.

I think this site is great, most of my friends are naturally very thin so don't really understand my struggle with my weight so it's nice to read other peoples diaries and posts and see their personal weight journey. Very inspiring!

Welcome and good luck... we need to hear more about Oz, what are your plans for the 12 months out there?!?! x

The plan for Oz is varied. Starting off near Perth as staying with family. My 19 year old cousin is getting married and has asked me to be bridesmaid in Jan. All the other bridesmaids are still in their teens and are tiny size 6's. I am determined I will not be the old looking fat one so that's another motivation for losing weight. We're going to hopefully combine relaxing and a bit of part time work for first couple of months.

Then heading over to the east to Melbourne and we're going to backpack and work our way up the east coast. Am excited and scared at the same time. We are giving up jobs, our rented house etc and it's starting to feel very real, i gave my official written notice in today at work. I know if we don't go we'll regret it though and we want an adventure together before we think about having a family so am concentrating on being excited and not letting the fear get to me.

That sounds fantastic and very exciting!! Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Rach, you're going to do super! You don't have much to lose and we're all going to make sure you get to were you want to be :)

The best advice I can give you is to ask as many questions as you want so you know what you're doing 100%. Too many people run into dieting 1000 miles an hour and they end up burning and crashing a few months down the line- so make sure you're comfortable with what you're doing.
You can do it!

Thanks for the encouragement. Am sure I'll have plenty of questions along the way.

Your weight loss is amazing, you've done so well. It's seeing peoples diaries and threads about their success that I find really helps motivate me and actually makes me believe I will get to my target.

Of course you'll get to your target. I was just your ordinary chubby girl and I'm now 8 and a half stone There's nothing special about me so if I can do it then I can 100% assure you that you can too!

Back