A quick question..

Kurlyk8

I have a question to all who have done EXANTE or are in the late stages of their weight loss.

I have started today and have previously tried CD with no success!

The question I have is about loose skin.

I am a bit worried that losing 5 stone will give me loads as it will be coming off a quite a rapid timescale.

Have any of you had any problems with this? What can I expect? Sorry if the question is a bit personal, but it's really bugging me!

Cheers guys!

Not too bad myself with loose skin after losing 4 stone. However, have bingo wings!! Have bought myself a couple of exercise bands, cheap and cheerful from Lidl, and am about to start doing tricep exercises with it. Simple but effective. Rather than pay for expensive lessons/personal trainer, you need to target certain areas.

Hiya,

Ah that's good news. I used to be very active and I hold muscle quite well although at the moment you'd never know it to look at me! My muscle is covered up in layers of fat! I have some bands that I'm going to use too and will start to walk/cycle to begin with and throw a bit of running in once a few stone is gone to save the pressure on my knees.

I wasn't doing to badly skin wise, but I have had some pretty big changes in weight over the last 12 months due to medication changes and bad eating and am already seeing some lose skin from that - hense the reason for asking.

Thanks all!

Hello - can I ask how long you were on CD - and why no success? I'm just curious, so if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. Good Luck with Exante.

Hiya

Neh not offended - I just fell off the wagon! I got so hungry and was missing chewing so i thought I'd just have a bit of cheese. Then I had some beetroot with the cheese. Then before I knew it, I had fish fingers, chips and pea's!

I am a terrible comfort eater and there was food in my fridge to tempt me. I got really upset about it and rather than putting it down to a bad day and starting again from scratch the next day - I went back to my old ways.

I have to take medication now for a condition I have and I wasn't taking anything at the time so was in quite a low place. Much better now so have my shake head on and getting stuck in!

What are you on? Cambridge?

Oh and I only managed 3 days lol

I was the same kurly, I hav tried both LL and CD. Failed every other day but kept trying for a couple of months with each.

I was hopeless at it. Hence took a break of about a year and have started afresh on exante.

What made you switch to exante?

Honestly? The price! All the other diets are £40 plus a week which is fair enough but I don't spend that much on food a week so I don't see the sense in spending more when they all do the same thing anyway. The only thing you miss on them is the weigh in's and the support from a consultant but I think if you choose to do such a drastic weight plan like this then you must have your head in the right place. For support - use this website! I don't eat takeaways and a lot of junk, I just don't have control over how much I eat. I am a carb o holic so stuff myself with bread, pasta and rice! So £25 is just right for me personally

I would love to last the whole course on exante but if I really do struggle then I may have to slip the odd bit of chicken in to stop me coming off completely. I know once I'm in ketosis I'll be ok and the weight loss will be reason enough for me to keep it up. I didn't really give it a proper chance last time!

Completely agree with you Kurly. The price of the others was far too much for me for what you get.

Good luck with your loss. I know I am finding the forum really helpful, just to know there are others going through the same is comforting.

Same for me, I did CD before and was successful but after I lost the weight I became pregnant, then whilst at home I was munching and put it on again! Thankfully not all of it, as I have my job up to look after my child my self, I can't afford CD for the amount of time that I need to ditch 5 or 4 stone again. Exante I can - just. I know what I'm doing this time round so will just use you guys for support :) :)

well you'll get plenty of that here! I'm on day 2 - not too bad I'm not missing food yet but I know it's coming lol I'll be dreaming about bread like I did last time!

Hi yeah, been there too. I think the few extra calories in the Exante foodpacks give a bit more comfort and make it just a little easier - so we'll all definitely be able to stick with this one.

I've not had too much trouble with loose skin - the only place i have it is on my stomach but that's just because my weightloss is following the birth of my two children. I'm quite active (but rarely 'exercise') and everywhere else is a bit cellulitey but not saggy. I've always been quite muscly though, it's just my build, so that's probably my saving grace :)

Back