A Quorn Question .

Crazyfool

Silver Member
Are quorn sausages free ? I just joined SW last week and it was a brief weigh in only as it was Christmas . I waiting my food directory that I had to order and my consultant gave me the wrong password ( I think ) because the one she gave me doesn't work .

Yes, quorn sausages are free - but make sure it's the plain ones, the bangers, not the flavoured ones.
Welcome to SW and good luck!

Yup - Bramley apple flavour, Cumberland, Red Leicester and Onion! They are tasty and not mega syns if you fancied them.

I only like them as a sausage casserole - they're too kind of solid for me to enjoy as a sausage on its own. Do make a damn fine casserole with tomoatoes, red lentils, peppers and mushrooms though.
Mmm - might make that to today. Goes well with mash or jacket potatoes or pasta.

Yes - the fresh/frozen normal sausages, fresh/frozen cumberland , fresh tomato and basil and fresh pork style and leek are all free.
I love them either by themselves with free chips or in pasta.

Thanks all .

I remember when I was on SW years ago I used to make a quorn sausage dish that was lovely . Vaugely it was a tin of baked beans , diced potato , onion, tinned tomatoes ( I think ) and quorn sausages on top . The sausage took on the juice of the tomatoes and it was really nice . I wish I could find the actual recipe .

Enjoy your sausages ! Why not txt or email your consultant to double check the password :)

Goblino was tempted but I didn't want to bother her . Hmm I suppose a text can't hurt can it ? She did actually say what it was but it didn't work , so I'm wondering if it's for next week . I wonder when they change for the following week ?

Goblino was tempted but I didn't want to bother her . Hmm I suppose a text can't hurt can it ? She did actually say what it was but it didn't work , so I'm wondering if it's for next week . I wonder when they change for the following week ?

I wouldn't worry about it, I am sure she gets lots of texts during the week. Also, it isn't intrusive, if she is busy or does not want to respond she could just have her phone (which I am sure is her work phone) switched off, and will reply when it is convenient.

For my sausage casserole I grill the sausages then chop them up.
Meanwhile, dryfry some onions, peppers and mushrooms, add an oxo (or two), chilli powder, salt, pepper, and herbs, a box of chopped tomatoes and the chopped quorn sausage and simmer for 15 mins.
Serve with pasta or potatoes. Yum!!!
It's even better the next day!

Back