1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

A Quorn Question .

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Crazyfool, 2 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Are quorn sausages free ? I just joined SW last week and it was a brief weigh in only as it was Christmas . I waiting my food directory that I had to order and my consultant gave me the wrong password ( I think ) because the one she gave me doesn't work .

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Yes, quorn sausages are free - but make sure it's the plain ones, the bangers, not the flavoured ones.
    Welcome to SW and good luck!

4. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Thankyou Hellie They are the plain ones I bought . Actually I didn't realise there were flavoured ones in the shops to buy.

5. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Yup - Bramley apple flavour, Cumberland, Red Leicester and Onion! They are tasty and not mega syns if you fancied them.

6. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

OOh now they do sound nice . I will get some next week to try . Thanks.

7. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

I only like them as a sausage casserole - they're too kind of solid for me to enjoy as a sausage on its own. Do make a damn fine casserole with tomoatoes, red lentils, peppers and mushrooms though.
    Mmm - might make that to today. Goes well with mash or jacket potatoes or pasta.

8. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

Yes - the fresh/frozen normal sausages, fresh/frozen cumberland , fresh tomato and basil and fresh pork style and leek are all free.
    I love them either by themselves with free chips or in pasta.

9. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Thanks all .

I remember when I was on SW years ago I used to make a quorn sausage dish that was lovely . Vaugely it was a tin of baked beans , diced potato , onion, tinned tomatoes ( I think ) and quorn sausages on top . The sausage took on the juice of the tomatoes and it was really nice . I wish I could find the actual recipe .

10. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Enjoy your sausages ! Why not txt or email your consultant to double check the password :)

11. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Goblino was tempted but I didn't want to bother her . Hmm I suppose a text can't hurt can it ? She did actually say what it was but it didn't work , so I'm wondering if it's for next week . I wonder when they change for the following week ?

12. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

I wouldn't worry about it, I am sure she gets lots of texts during the week. Also, it isn't intrusive, if she is busy or does not want to respond she could just have her phone (which I am sure is her work phone) switched off, and will reply when it is convenient.

13. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Thanks Jemma I will text her tomorrow definately as it's maybe a bit late now .

14. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

For my sausage casserole I grill the sausages then chop them up.
    Meanwhile, dryfry some onions, peppers and mushrooms, add an oxo (or two), chilli powder, salt, pepper, and herbs, a box of chopped tomatoes and the chopped quorn sausage and simmer for 15 mins.
    Serve with pasta or potatoes. Yum!!!
    It's even better the next day!