A sad day for me today

fillymum

synful soul
Today I feel so sad.

2 of my horses are leaving us today. They are going 600 kilometers to Girona where both of them will be trained for careers in dressage. They are going to the place all our horses have gone to for the past 15 years. www.cavahorse.com

They are mother and daughter and both were born here and hae neer been off our place.

I am so sad, I keep breaking down in tears although I know they are going to the best home possible. They will be so well cared for.

It is best for THEM , but not for me.

assortedsept08033.jpg

Daughter as a baby.

2008_05160013.jpg

Mum , Melody.

*supermegahugs Sue*

They are gorgeous and no wonder you will miss them. Make sure and treat yourself extra kindly today. xxx

Sue, they are so beautiful, it's no wonder you're feeling sad today...BUT...just think of the wonderful training they're about to receive and how proud you'll feel when you see them on that X spot in the Dressage ring in years to come xxx

:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

They are beautiful!!

xx

*supermegahugs Sue*

They are gorgeous and no wonder you will miss them. Make sure and treat yourself extra kindly today. xxx

I am just sipping a belgium chocolate options. I did think a glass of wine would be in order tonight but I am not going down that road.

Thanks Minxie.

Sue, they are so beautiful, it's no wonder you're feeling sad today...BUT...just think of the wonderful training they're about to receive and how proud you'll feel when you see them on that X spot in the Dressage ring in years to come xxx

You are right DD. I love to see them compete, it makes my heart swell to bursting point. We bred mum and babe and also the dad so it has been a huge wrench.

They didn't let us down this morning. We had to walk them up our lane to load into the lorry as the lorry is a huge one and will not fit down our lane. It was the first time either of them had been through the front gates. Mum, who is so sweet and good natured, was a bit ruffled, I was leading her and it was as if she wa saying "o.k. mum, if you say it is alright, I will do it" Babe followed on behind with Paul but was so scared.
Mum walked up the ramp into the lorry but it was just a bit too much for babe. After 30 minutes of real patience, with Paul picking up and physically placing one of her feet in front of the other she loaded but was such a frightened babe.
The minute the ramp was up, I kissed the driver Danielle ,Adios and buen viaje, Paul shook his hand and we turned our backs on them and started down our lane. We were both of us in floods of tears....Paul was as bad as me. So silly really as they will never know hunger or cold and always be nicely ridden.

I think that we delivered or were with the mums when each one of them was born, including dad, makes a big, big difference.

I have just spoken to the driver, he has a camera in the back and a screen in the cab and he said they are fine, calm and settled.

It is heart breaking to read your posts as it is so obvious you loved them both so much and I agree with Michelle that it is only natural you should be so upset and lonely after them as they were part of your family.:hug99:

Now wonder you're sad, part of your family is leaving you.

That said it sounds like they are going to a wonderful place and will be well looked after.

They will be HH and I know it is the best move for them. I try to think it is like one of your kids going off to university.

It is heart breaking to read your posts as it is so obvious you loved them both so much and I agree with Michelle that it is only natural you should be so upset and lonely after them as they were part of your family.:hug99:

You are so right Mini. That is the problem. All our animals are such a great part of our lives that it is with real pain that we let them go.

Thank you everyone.

I don't want to bore you but we have had a phone call to say they have arrived safely, are calm and interested in there new surroundings. They will be together tonight and tomorrow and then they will be separated and start work.

Our friends at CAVA are thrilled with them.

We will be o.k. tomorrow and knowing they are o.k. after there big adventure has ensured a nights sleep tonight.

Fillymum,

You've just made me shed a tear reading your post. I dont know you, but just wanted to send you a huge hug :grouphugg: I lost my mare back in October and miss her like crazy every day (it was heartbreaking to see her in so much pain :cry:).

I'm sure your two will be very much loved and its sounds/looks like they have gone to a lovely new home :) Please keep us updated on their progress.

Helen xx

Fillymum,

You've just made me shed a tear reading your post. I dont know you, but just wanted to send you a huge hug :grouphugg: I lost my mare back in October and miss her like crazy every day (it was heartbreaking to see her in so much pain :cry:).

I'm sure your two will be very much loved and its sounds/looks like they have gone to a lovely new home :) Please keep us updated on their progress.

Helen xx

So sorry about your mare. I always think it is the last kindness you can give an animal if the time has come. I understand exactly how you feel.

I am still very tearful and it was so strange on the yard tonight doing the others and them not being there.

I promise I will post their progress on here. You will be fed up with me in the end lol.

In case anyone is interested a quick update.
Mum and daughter now live completely seperate lives. They are both being backed and are working well in their preliminary lessons which is just on the end of along rein called a lunge rein.
Everyone is pleased with them and I am so proud of them.
If there is time tomorrow they are going to take photos of them working and send them to me and of course this proud mum will post them here.

Sounds like they've really settled, you must feel so much better knowing that they're doing well and that their calm happy start in life has enabled them to undergo such a big change so smoothly.
Are you still breeding?

Oh fillymum ... :( Your little babies. xx
Glad they are safe and sound. :)

Oh Fillymum
I've just been looking through these posts. What beautiful horses. I'm sure you've heard how they are settling in Espana. They're probably bi-lingual by now!
How emotional for you, but you must be so proud too. xx

Back