A scientific question about 790

Hi again

if you are going to deviate from the 790 plan with alternative protein make sure you eat pure, natural protein. By that i mean no processed meats like ham, bacon or meats with marinades etc. The salt and sugars in then will really cause water retention and can cause you to stall or slow down weight loss, hidden sugars can even send you out of ketosis and just make the whole process harder as you may get cravings.

Good luck with the start, please remember to try and take it easy on yourself for the 1st few days till ketosis kicks in, i know you know this anyway!

Davina

Davina,

Thanks for the advice. I might try and be 'good' for the 1st week and then maybe start substituting gradually.

Day one tomorrow!!

Tx

Another thing I do is have like 50% of 2 portions. So 50% cottage cheese and 50% tuna! Baked salmon/chicken with the cottage cheese and corgette is gorge (envelope it in foil), especially with cauliflower or green salad. I bake everything basically because of the moisture issue! Good luck, keep us posted!

hi lilly,
Thanks yet again. I bake chicken with mushooms anyway. It IS a lot better. I used to put everything in the George Foreman and thats whats put me off chicken. I don't like cottage cheese but it might be completely different cooked so i will try that. Thanks. I think the key for me is to create some variety, so any other ideas are welcome!

It's day one for me. so far so good. having my 2nd pack as we speak. Should be ok. I have a friend away to start with me (Leaving the fat suit - love the name ) so we can support each other. We're planning a shopping trip to Mango once we're size 12s :eek:.

Our official start is actually tomorrow when we see the CDC but I got doctors form signed yesterday and have packs in the house from last week so I thought I might as well just get cracking.

Hubby is also doing it and started today so hopefully all 3 of us do well!

Thank you again for your advice.

Tx

Just a few more ideas to keep you on track! use spices/herbs I use cajun/5spice/curry etc. Marinade chicken in natural yog and tandoor/tikka its gorge! Also use natural yog/sk milk if your foil baking with curry spice you get a bit of a sauce, ok it is a bit but its better than nowt! Post us your first losses, good luck! p.s. i'm in size 12, first time since I was at primary I think - its bizarre!!!

Hi Lilly,
That sounds nice. I will try that. That's me almost through day 5 so feeling happy with myself. I had steak one night but being a serial wegher I happened to notice the scales didn't move that day so I'm sticking to chicken just now but trying to keep things bearable...I've used oxo packet gravy. Just a bit. Probably not allowed but just makes it easier for me. I'm in ketosis so must be doing something right.

size 12 would be fablous!! Must take a while to get used to the idea. I can't really see myself as that size just now.
Thanks again

Tx

oxo is completely full of salt and will cause huge water retention i would avaoid it if at all poss. you can get a savoury drink mix from your cdc, if you mix it thick that will be a bit like gravy instead of oxo

Thank you both for your comments. I didn't really think about the salt in the gravy. I'll be more careful with that. Although I seem to be losing at a rate of 1lb per day ( I know it's just 1st week and can't expect that every week) so I'm not sure it's any different from last time I did CD. Last time I lost 8lbs in 1st week. We'll see what the official weigh in on Wednesday says.

1967Rose do you stay in ketosis doing 790 that way? I slipped out of ketosis last night cause I stupidly had some light mayo with my chicken salad. It was hell to deal with. I'd have eaten the house if I wasn't so determined not to fail. I'm fine this morning and back in ketosis. So although I'm looking for ways to vary things, I want to stay in ketosis... I need it!!

I'm almost thinking it might be easier for me to go onto SS because of my issues with the allowed 790 food. I might stay on 790 till xmas then SS afterwards. I want to lose weight quickly. I'm going for a short break to London in April and I've set myself a goal of losing 4 st by then. That'll be my lowest weight in 12 years if I can do that. I'm planning on having a break from CD while I'm there and straight back on again to tackle the leg of my weight loss ( Ha that sounds like I do a body part at a time!!!!)

That's the plan anyway. Thank you all again.

Tx

Back