A sea of butter- how annoying!!!!!

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
:mad: GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!

Ok, so as usual I am working away and having to contend with eating out every night- sounds like a treat but it isn't when you are trying your best to lose weight.

So the 'surf and turf' was mentioned and described as grilled prawns and steak with chips and salad. I asked could they swap the chips for new potatoes and was very pleased with my choice...........

And then it came.....absolutely SWIMMING in butter. There was a mound of garlic butter on the prawns and steak and the potatoes were drowning in the stuff. So I had to sit with a napkin and dab every single mouthful on it to try and absorb as much as possible before eating (lots of funny looks for this but I don't care)

How on earth do I syn this?

You can't babe, you did the best you could under the circumstances but at least now you know to tell them - NO butter!!!

(((Hugs))) xxx

Oh no - its really frustrating when that happens - i dont think you could accurately syn it TBH :confused:

I have got into the habit of asking what the meat/fish is going to be cooked in and served with now as im sick of having my food served swimming in oil or butter.

I was caught out at a Harvester - asked for the grilled chicken with a baked potato and peas (EE) had a lovely bowl of free salad and the potato came with a load of butter - know now to ask for none!

I was caught out at a Harvester - asked for the grilled chicken with a baked potato and peas (EE) had a lovely bowl of free salad and the potato came with a load of butter - know now to ask for none!

Where about in fife are you from ?

Lisa xx

Big GRRRR!!! At least you attempted to get rid of it all. On the plus side, melted butter looks a lot more than it actually is, so syns might not be as high as you fear. As GCH says, I don't think you'll be able to syn accurately...what are you reckoning? 5? I'd say if you cut back to 10 a day for the rest of your week you'll cover it my miles, but still have a reasonable allowance to let you eat in normal SW syle :)

I have a dieting friend who, when ordering stuff like that, tells them she's highly lactose intolerant and can't take ANY dairy at all...so the don't sneak any butter into the cooking. Works too. They don't want law suits on their hands! LOL!

Back