A serial dieters slim fast journey!

ems789

Hi I thought that keeping a diary on here and being 100% honest will help me (and hopefully others ;-). )

As the title suggests I am a serial dieter - feel like I've been dieting all my life but I would say the first real attempt was after the birth of my son (well 18 months after!! Lol) in 2001 and then I was about 13 stone (I am 5ft 3) did slimming world and lost just over 2 stone since then I've gone on to have 2 more children and do everything inc slimming world WW calorie counting etc but never done slim fast (unless u count when I was 14 I begged my mum to buy it for me as I miserable being fat - when I look back I was NOT fat I'd give anything to be that shape now! But the bully's told me I was so I believes them!) so I'm giving it a go.

I am currently 14 stone having lost 1 stone 10 pounds since jan with calorie counting and orlistat but since orlistat is not available at the mo the weight loss have slowed right down with what I was doing so thought I'd give slim fast a go - I also intend to up my activity even more.

This morning I have already done a half hour workout with my biggest loser DVD and had a shake for breakfast feeling positive!!

We have a wedding to go to mid sept and I would love to wear a nice dress. Also hoping to get on holiday in october and would love to not feel so embarrassed by the pool. I am never going to be a skinny minny I'm just not built that way but would love to be able to feel a bit more confident an be able to shop on the high street and know they have stuff that fits! Size 12 woul do me!!
Good luck everyone! Xx

Good luck hun. I find SF quite easy to follow and dont cheat but that's just how I am I'm only cheating myself if I do. I have been on it a week today and lost 10lb already, so it can work. Well done on your loss this year any kind of weightloss should be congratulated people who don't have a problem with food just don't get it. All the best I look forward to reading your diary. X

Thanks Hun
10lb is great! Well done you!
I know exactly what you mean - people don't get how hard food issues are! I would say I found it easier to give up smoking than I did take aways!!
And I think half the battle is in your head! I broke my leg last year and that contributed to some of my weight re-gain through both a lack of mobility and relying on fast food! I still find it more difficult to exercise now than I did before - but I'm improving
My husband is a super fit toned man who can eat loads and loves exercise! (they say opposites attract!) and he is supportive but I don't think he really understands how hard it is to take control and lose weight or to exercise when it is so difficult. If he puts on a few pounds (usually after Xmas or hols) he finds it so easy to up his activity and lose it again in a couple of weeks!

I think also when you have a lot to lose its hard to see yourself at that ultimate goal - I can't begin to imagine what I would look like at size 12 it's been so bloody long!!

But I think I'm in a good place at the mo and feel like I can do it.

I am enjoying the shakes and I thought they wouldn't fill me up but so far so good - I did feel hungry and tummy rumbles just before second shake - we had been out with kids so left it a bit late - but as soon as I had finished the shake I felt full so it's doing the job!

Have a lovely roast planned tonight - less pots and more veg for me x

I am really pleased with myself, still a long journey ahead though.

Its good you have a supported husband to help you along the way.

I try to visualise as i know it works for me, with all aspects of my life.

The shakes are nice, I am lazy and buy the ready made ones are so much easier for me with work and stuff. I havent really been eating much other than chicken and veg or salad, but i really enjoy it so its fine.

Its good to feel in a good place you, stay strong andf positive.

I find that i have tummy rumbles anyway but thats just your body using up your fat which is good because it means the weight is coming off, it doesnt alway mean you are hungry :)

Drink lots and lots of water to flush your system out every day too that healps with the weightloss.

Enjoy your meal :) x

Hey! I started today too! Bit of a strange week with lots of re-starts but think im all figured out now and ready to go! Good luck we can do this :)

Thanks lady T I also bought the ready made ones as they were 3 for 2 in sainsburys and I wanted to try a variety of flavours - they only had strawberry and banana in yesterday an I can't stand banana!!!

I have been drinking LOADS of water I've been to the loo so many times today! Lol I would usually drink a lot of tea but have sugar in it so have substituted for water and sugar free squash. I have had one cup of tea today - after my shower after exercising! But figured I'd earnt that! Have only had one snack and dinner is cooking nicely!!

We can do it floss! It's nice to have someone starting the same time. Have u got much to lose?

Sorry that doesn't make sense! They only had strawberry and banana in the tubs you mix up!

Boots have them on offer and superdrug too. I did hear that B&M had 6 ready made shakes for £1 but i dont go in there its out of my way, not sure if there is one local to you. xx

I haven't even heard of B&M so guess I don't have one near me!!

So my first day went well - stuck to it 100% and not feeling hungry - altho strangely craving a shake!!

Have drunk loads and loads of water and only had two cups of tea but counted those as one snack so been good girl! Lol

Second day so far good.

I am really enjoying the shakes and although I felt a bit hungry I just filled up on water and was fine - think a lot of it is in my head!!

Not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight - hubby home late so not sure wether to wait for him or eat with kids!!

I am a bit worried about tomorrow though going out for the day with mum in law and kids to local park/splashpark for fun and crab fishing and mum in law is doing a picnic - she doesn't know I'm doing SF and I know it sounds stupid but I think I'd be a bit embarrassed sat in the park with a shake while everyone has a picnic. I know its nothing to be ashamed of but i still feel a bit embarrased. Not sure how I will cope when I go back to work either (I work in a school so am on lovely school hols at the mo) whether I will feel comfortable with a shake at lunchtime in staff room! But that's just me.

Trying to decide what to do - may have picnic as main meal and shake in evening but worry I will be starving! Oh well I'll decide in morning.

I ache from exercise yesterday but managed a 15 walk with hubby and kids - hoping to get out for another walk this evening but honestly I look like an old lady!!

I am also really really tired today - not sure if it's the SF or what but I could literally fall asleep now! Hopefully it will pass.

Hope everyone else is doing well Xxx

Decided to eat with the kids and had a lovely tomato and veg pasta and even had enough calories left for a small choc bar - one of the 99 cal ones. Feel lovely and full (and still have a snack left!!) and a bit smug too - if I'd waited for hubby to come home I know I would have most likely succumbed to the dreaded take away temptation (I blame just-eat makes take away too easy!!) but I decided to take control and eat with the kids! Yay!

Also decided to take the SF with me tomorrow and bugger what anyone else thinks!! I'm proud to be trying to make a change!!

Well done on staying strong and in control of what you eat. There is always ways around it and you made the right choices so far.

Don't feel embarrassed about having your shakes, you are taking a positive step to gaining something you want and that's a healthy weight. X

Ok did well took my shake and had a couple of nibbles from the picnic but I counted those as my snacks and resisted an ice cream!! . Had a lovely time And my mum in law reminded me that just because I am taking a different path I am on the same journey so not to forget the 24lbs I have already lost!! Made me feel good.

I was my heaviest I have ever been about 9 months ago and even though I still have about 56lbs to go I am over a quarter of the way there from where I was in December (if that makes sense??!!)

Had pizza and chips for tea last night :-(
According to mfp I was only about 150 cals over target tho and considering I spent most of yesterday standing and walking I am hoping I will be ok!

Lovely raspberry shake for breakfast this morning - I am really enjoying them! Hubby seems to think I look healthier he wanted me to get on scales this morning but I resisted! Don't think the weight loss will be so dramatic for me as I have been trying to lose or so long and I didn't so the usual thing I do - decide I'm going to lose weight in a couple of dye so eat everything I love that I won't be able to!! Lol

Another day out with mum in law sister and kids today 9 of us in total so I will have to resist the fast food and ice creams!!!!

Was out again for the day yesterday.

Had my main meal at lunch time and a shake for tea - not too keen on that as I felt a little bit like I was missing out when the family were eating but I'm proud I stuck to the diet

Exercise regime not been followed properly either - I have been doing the biggest loser DVD and it has a maximum results programme which recommends when to exercise - means I should have done a workout last night but I was so shattered with two days of waking and playing with kids outdoors I didn't do it! But I will do it today and I figured with all the walking it won't do too much damage.

Am looking forward to weighing on Sunday and hoping to see a loss!

Just had a sneaky mid week weigh in and it's showing about a 3lb loss already (I have mechanical ones which are hard to read!!) so I'm chuffed that's after 5 days! Woo hoo

As I had a bit of a wobble today I thought I'd take this opportunity to list the reasons I want to lose weight and hopefully in times of doubt and despair I can read it and it will see my through

1. I need to be as healthy as I can be for my kids
2. I would love to feel more confident and not be paranoid that anyone who is laughing or whispering is talking about me and my weight.
3. I want to buy nice clothes and be able to wear shorts when it's hot and not worry what people think - its supposed to be 28 tomorrow and if I leave the house I know I will be wearing jeans as its the only thing I feel confident in! I don't even own a pair of shorts! And haven't since 1994!!
4. I want to be able to take my kids swimming without feeling so embarrassed and ashamed.
5. I want to be able to run and I'd love to run a marathon or something.

That's a great idea listing the reasons because you had a wobble. I find buying something in a size smaller motivates me, I just keep imaging myself in it and how that would make me feel.
Losing weight can be a long, sometimes lonely journey but pop by here if you are feeling rubbish. I like to look at people's weight loss as it keeps me going knowing I'm not alone. Good luck and as they say onwards and downwards. Xx

Ok I'll start with a positive - weigh in this morning and I lost 5.5lbs!!!! So that's great!

Yesterday however was a complete mess up! Went to my mums for the day - forgot my lunchtime shake so ended up having lunch there but thought its ok I will have shake for tea - instead ended up having a take away :-(

But I'm spurred on by this weeks weight loss and am over it now - off out this morning to buy this weeks supply of slim fast and a pump for my bike - cant find mine since moving in April - and I'm going on a bike ride every day and tracking it with an app.

Back