A small rant..... (sorry need to vent some anger)

Sez

has started again!!
Those of you who remember me from the first "go" at CD, will know that I had trouble finding a decent CDC locally. (One let me down on an appt, the other just let her husband sell me the packs.)

I have NEVER EVER been weighed or measured by a CDC. :confused:The first one asked me to weigh myself & let her know, the second, when I asked over the phone if she weighed her clients replied that she "had some scales somewhere if I wanted her to weigh me". Then as our working hours did not tally, I was more often than not to collect my packs from her husband, at her house. I have never had a chat about the diet & how I am doing, I have never had any kind of support phone call or whatever. Effectively, I have just bought packs, as if they were mail order. Every last bit of support has come via Minis (& thank goodness for you guys, in all sincerity).

Knowing all this, I still decided I needed to return to CD after a considerable regain. I felt that I could just buy the packs and rely on Minimins for my support, albeit virtual. I actually met my CDC for the first time a few weeks ago, after re-contacting her regarding a restart. I placed my order and duly collected my packs; still no offer to weigh me, although the suggestion that it would be a good idea to measure myself was made. I duly came home, weighed and measured on my start day and off I went......

This week I emailed her my next order, mainly for porridge, tetras and (odd I know) cheese & broccolli soup. (I felt the need for a strong flavour as my mouth has been feeling foul.) I know this soup flavour is not popular however when the email came back that she did not have any as the last supply went out of date before she couldn sell it, I was a little taken aback. I did order a different soup, and as she had told me I could collect any day after 6pm, I suggested I could collect this Fri eve. I have just had an email back that she will be at work from 4pm, and maybe I would like to go to her work to collect my order.:banghead:

Should I have to? I am really angry about this but I dont know where else to get my packs from. (I wish I lived a little nearer to KD, I'm about 30 miles away & reckon ahe'd be my saviour!)

I am so sorry guys to go on & on about this. I dont want to report her to Cd as I really want to lose this weight, and I cant afford LL that I once followed. I am even considering SlimFast and multi-vitamins as an alternative. I just feel like sobbing:cry: & feel so let down by the whole situation. It really seems as if its money for old rope, doesnt it?

Maybe I should lose this weight once and for all, and become a counsellor here, to give them both a run for their (ill gotten) money.........

:needhug:

Firstly the least you should expect from any cdc is to be measured around your waist and weighed each session, also to have all of the flavours available or able to order them in. This is the code of conduct we all agree to and if you arent getting this as a minimum you should raise your concerns to cambridge direct so it can be rectified.

Have you called the cambridge helpline to find out if there is any other counsellors that arent on the website but close to you???

julesrush
cdc norwich

So sorry to hear that... why not made KD ur CDC and go every 2 weeks??? I'm sure the support you get from her could get you through the 2 week gap??

I know my CDC was about 30 miles away cos at that time there were only about 3 in ireland... but it was well worth the trip.

Hope you sort something out xx

So sorry to hear that... why not made KD ur CDC and go every 2 weeks??? I'm sure the support you get from her could get you through the 2 week gap??

I know my CDC was about 30 miles away cos at that time there were only about 3 in ireland... but it was well worth the trip.

Hope you sort something out xx

Do you know, I am seriously considering sending her a PM on that very subject.

Thanks all for your support.

xx

I would go and see KD if I were you - surely the mileage would be worth the support you would be receiving! KD gave me some really good advice today as I think my CDC is not as good as some as she has told me I am fine to SS even though KD told me today that I am not because my BMI is 24 not 25+. Also my CDC doesn't measure me...
I reckon your best bet to loose weight and be slim and happy would be KD. Sounds like a VERY good CDC!

hey hun your having awful cdc probs! id go to kd. my cdc lives 2hr drive from me and i go at least every two weeks to her every saturday. it would be worth it for support and that :)

I think it's imperative you like and get proper support from your CDC.
I thought I'd save calling on my CDC every week and switch to two-weekly as I thought she'd be sick of people coming to her house all the time. I was feeling a bit down with weight last week and had felt as though I hadn't lost anything(was even considering going out for a calzone for my birthday-I was that down!). Anyway, she weighed me and told me I'd lost 2lbs and how well I was doing etc. Then she said not to think of changing to two-weekly, not to change it on her account and that supporting me was what she was there for. She's had knee surgery this week and even so she still spent nearly 30 minutes with me. She's a great counsellor and I'm very glad I found her :D
30 miles to KD will be worth it! :D

I have already sent you a pm and then read all your replies and see they are saying more or less what I said. Give it a serious thought

Irene xx

:hug99::hug99::hug99:Sending load of hugs, as you have already had the best advise.Dont let this women get in the way of your goal, 110% support and going 2 weekly to KD seems the way to go.Let us know how you get on, we are all here for you XxX :)

sorry for you troubles and hope it sorts itself out, all my area cdc hold their weigh ins etcs in one building every day of the week, they rent the building between them and i do hope you manage to get a better service soon its so important x

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry that this has happened again. You've received appalling treatment, and those Counsellors deserve to be reported to Head Office, so that they can be reminded very forcefully of their obligations under the Code of Conduct.

Gosh, that sounds pompous! But it really isn't good enough, and they will otherwise continue to mistreat their clients.

You get down to BMI 28, train as a Counsellor and show them how it should be done!

(I think 30 miles sounds a very good idea!)

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry that this has happened again. You've received appalling treatment, and those Counsellors deserve to be reported to Head Office, so that they can be reminded very forcefully of their obligations under the Code of Conduct.

Gosh, that sounds pompous! But it really isn't good enough, and they will otherwise continue to mistreat their clients.

You get down to BMI 28, train as a Counsellor and show them how it should be done!

(I think 30 miles sounds a very good idea!)

Totally agree Lesly - don't think you are being pompous ...... clients are entitled to better than that and it makes me angry when they are treated so shoddily. We can all make small errors, not know things etc ... but this is MUCH more serious.

I used to do a 30+ mile round trip to see my Counsellor & it was really worth it...you definately need that support !

I agree with the other posts...you should definately report your CDC to Cambridge, as she's not doing her job properly, & this could be dangerous for her clients. How does she know what her clients BMI's are in order to choose which programme they should follow, if she doesn't weigh them....does she even fill in the medical forms ??? Makes you wonder !

You're not being a 'grass', just preventing other would-be dieters having the bad experience you've had :eek:)

Good luck with your diet hun !!

xx

She sounds like a flippin joke and shouldnt be allowed to be a counceller - i believe all councellers should be lovely like mine!

I was also going to suggest seeing KD and going once every two weeks - at least you know youl be seeing a fab enthusiastic counceller.

You are all such lovely lovely people, you have nearly made me cry!

She emailed me today and apologised for her work schedule, when she gets next weeks then I can collect my packs.

I have had several very supportive , & thought provoking pm's too and thanks for those.

In the process of making my mind up now.......... (but still on the diet, thank goodness!!)

xx

Mornin' Sarah!

I think you should see KD too. I was thinking about switching to her, she's only about 300 miles away:D. Does she do B&B?

When I did LL I travelled 18 miles each way every week. I got used to it.

I'll PM you later.

AJ

On a personal note, this thread warms the cockles of me little heart. So nice to know people have confidence in me:eek:

But I am annoyed about CDC:mad: Grrr, grrrr. You have to wonder why people feel they can abuse their clients in such way:mad:

As I said in our pm, you would be more than welcome here Sez. Meanwhile, if you decide to continue with your current CDC, I hope she really pulls the stops out to give you 100% satisfaction. Insist on it. She's there to make the journey as easy for you as possible, not put obstacles in your way:mad:

I think you should see KD too. I was thinking about switching to her, she's only about 300 miles away:D.

Minor detail :D I don't know...some people always finding excuses :D

Does she do B&B?
Yep...sure do:cool: Shake for supper, tent in the garden with optional entertainment
connie_24.gif
and tetra for brekkie:cool:

What more can you ask for?
girl_cool.gif

Back