A small sucess - I'm officially halfway to goal :-)

Ponytales

Silver Member
Just thought I would post a small success... after all its the little ones that add up to make the big ones :)

So, although I only lost 1lb this week (okay I know it's still a loss and better than a gain) I am now officially halfway to my goal weight.

This is good as I can now see light at the end of the tunnel and I only have to do again what I have already done.

I'm over the hump and on my way down the hill.

I originally started on July 1st and I had a really good 3 months. I then fell off the wagon a bit for the next 2 months and sneaked back on 3-4 lb. Two weeks ago I decided enough was enough and I got my head back in gear. I have lost 8lb since my restart 2 weeks ago, and 24lb in total.

I just have another 24lb to lose until I reach goal.

Already my clothes are getting too big. I can fit into clothes that I couldn't a few months ago, and my colleagues are regularly commenting on how much weight I have lost.

I now aim to lose another half stone before Christmas and then assuming I put 3 or 4lb on over Christmas I would like to lose that plus another 3 or 4lb by the time I go on holiday at the start of Feb. That should leave me a stone to lose when I get back from holiday which I would like to get rid of by my Birthday in May.

Realistic and doable :)

Last edited:
Well done, you're doing great!

One of the best things about any weight loss even just a pound, is it still gives you the push to carry on. At this rate, you will definitely reach your goal. One thing I would say though is, try not to put any weight on at xmas. If you're anything like me, it'll set you back a good few months. I find if I put on a few pounds (especially in the case where I've allowed it to happen beforehand) it tends to spiral out of control and I end up putting on much more. What you could do is, allow yourself to indulge at xmas then make up for it by reducing your calorie intake considerably the following few days, that's what I am going to do. That way you can have your cake and eat it :).

Just thought I would post a small success... after all its the little ones that add up to make the big ones :)

So, although I only lost 1lb this week (okay I know it's still a loss and better than a gain) I am now officially halfway to my goal weight.

This is good as I can now see light at the end of the tunnel and I only have to do again what I have already done.

I'm over the hump and on my way down the hill.

I originally started on July 1st and I had a really good 3 months. I then fell off the wagon a bit for the next 2 months and sneaked back on 3-4 lb. Two weeks ago I decided enough was enough and I got my head back in gear. I have lost 8lb since my restart 2 weeks ago, and 24lb in total.

I just have another 24lb to lose until I reach goal.

Already my clothes are getting too big. I can fit into clothes that I couldn't a few months ago, and my colleagues are regularly commenting on how much weight I have lost.

I now aim to lose another half stone before Christmas and then assuming I put 3 or 4lb on over Christmas I would like to lose that plus another 3 or 4lb by the time I go on holiday at the start of Feb. That should leave me a stone to lose when I get back from holiday which I would like to get rid of by my Birthday in May.

Realistic and doable :)
You I hope you do well

Oh dear, I'm back and heavier than ever.

Back to the drawing board!

I have put on over 2 stone in the past 8 months since starting a new job. I'm starting Slimming world again today so I can fit back in the dress i am wearing in my profile picture. I know I can do it though - especially as I'm leaving this job which is no good for my health.

Hey, happy New Year and welcome back! I think alot of us (me included!) are slinking back at this time of year with gains. But on the positive side, you've done it before so can do it again and get those pounds back off.

Sorry to hear your job wasn't good for your health, but at least you wont be doing it much longer. Hope the next one is better! X

Back