A SW/Work Related/People are moron's Rant

How do you keep your cool.

I would have to say something myself like really casually whilst a the mirror in the loo or somewhere....

The good thing about carrying a few extra pounds is you don't age so quick I must admit I am lucky I haven't got that many crows feet, but with you being so thin I suppose its what happens when you havent any spare flesh!!

That should shut her up and make her paranoid silly bit*h!!

I find it is always the people that are naturally thin that feel it necessary to comment. It gets on my nerves. I just think they don't understand. Idiots. She must have something lacking in her life if she feels the need to comment on yours. Probably hasn't had a bit of nookie for ages! Lol!

Oh my word, this woman sounds like a right cow. Tell her to bugger off, its nothing to do with her. She is Jealous, why on earth would she be so interested if she is not! i think she is probably starving and the only way she can deal with it is by interrogating you! i would hate that, just try and ignore her, dont let it ruin your day, ignore the silly old woman xx

A little while back, one of my work colleagues asked me if I had actually lost any weight since I started my diet. :cry:

Erm, only 3 stone love! :eek:

She is bigger than I was when I started, and seems unable to stick to any diet/plan, although currently attending ww.

She has never commented on my loss since day one.

Hmmmmm, jealous perhaps? :8855:

I hate people like that! I'm sure they only pick at you because they can't face changing their own eating habits. Or maybe they just don't have the willpower to stick to it.

I know there are people who still think 'diet = less food' so they have trouble getting their heads around how you can eat a mega meaty salad or pasta bake and still lose weight. I know of us still wonder how we can eat so much decent food and still lose pounds (I've given up trying to work it out. It works and that's all I need to know!).

Think of it this way - you're losing weight healthily, in a way that leaves you satisfied in your hunger, and with a weight loss rate that won't leave you looking like you've stepped in to a skin suit. While she spends the rest of her life picking at some shrivelled up lettuce on dry ryvitas, you can enjoy hearty curries, bakes and burgers (homemade) knowing that:

A) You're losing weight at the same time
B) Your body is thanking you with every healthy bite you take

Remember that your insides are changing as much as your outsides, your body will thank you for doing SW and will give you a few years longer service! :)

People like that are like sand up your bum..... bloody annoying, and a real irritant if you don't get rid of them.

Next time she asks 'Are you allowed BREAD on your diet?', just say "Yes, why aren't you?? Ooooh you poor thing!!"

Next time she asks 'Should you be having a kit kat on your diet?', just say "Yes. I've been advised to have one everyday." After all, if a kit kat a day keeps you on plan... :D

Next time she asks 'Hmmmm crips, surely they arent DIET friendly?', just say "These one's ARE actually. In fact, there's quite a selection. Surely you can have these on YOUR plan?"

THEN you can start making comments like,

Yes, and when I get home I'm having a curry (Syn free, made the SW way, she'll never know!!)

When she says things like 'Oooo I couldn't wear that cos I am so small, it looks good on bigger people.', just say "I know. You need curves/an ass to fill/boobs to make this look good. I'm so glad I'm able to pull it off."

When she's sat having her two Ryvitas for lunch, sit next to her. Take out your sandwich, yoghurt, fruit, kit kat, crisps, pasta salad, carrot batons and syn free dip. Just look at what she is eating and say "Ooh I'm sorry. I forgot. You can't have all this on your diet. Do you want me to move?" :D :D :D :D

Oh, and the biggest payback?..... Start making your award stickers your wallpaper on your PC!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

lol absolutely brilliant answer!!! i was wondering what to say to you as i went thru the same thing accept its the guys at work just being a pain the royal bum but actually they notice the weight loss and continue to support me!!

Lonestitcher this has to be the most " nailheadbang" answer i have seen!!

in addition, i always say if i can still have my cake, eat it, and still lose weight then obviously i am doing something right!! whats ur excuse lady?? or man??

anyhow well done so far your going to be milking those compliments soon so dont let anyone get the better of you!

Thank you everyone for your replies, I had an awful day yesterday and despite my best intentions let this woman get to me and went home and scoffed an unbeleivable amount of rubbish :-(

Today i have made the decision to go back to class, and join a gym! I will not be this fat anymore and cant wait til i wear lovely clothes to work and get compliments as she will hate that

thank you, thank you, thank you
x

OMG Teenyweeny i know what you mean hun, reading your post is similar to what im going through here, ive been at this job for a few years now, but lately ive really seen a different side to the people i work with, they constantly take the p1ss out of me and 'syns' but they do it behind my back, sometimes to my face, but i caught them the other day, so made a big point of saying something in front of everyone and shaming them and it worked, I can be fairly sensitive and it got to me so much a couple of weeks ago i cried myself to sleep one night, thats terrible isnt it im nearly 30! my fella was going crazy saying its a form of bullying. Im just rising above it now, let them eat their cakes, fish and chips and other crap, im perfectly happy doing SW so fook them! xx

Just wait until you start shedding the pounds and her comments will stop! She will probably go crazy thinking how you can lose all that weight and since her body is used to just the 2 ryvita at lunch if she tries to eat all of that she will probably have a gain. Revenge will be sweet one day :)

Thank you everyone for your replies, I had an awful day yesterday and despite my best intentions let this woman get to me and went home and scoffed an unbeleivable amount of rubbish :-(

Today i have made the decision to go back to class, and join a gym! I will not be this fat anymore and cant wait til i wear lovely clothes to work and get compliments as she will hate that

thank you, thank you, thank you
x

Good on you gal!! dont let the silly cow get to you!

it is silly, I know it is but I had a bad day yesterday with other things at work, then her comments all day were doing my nut in :-( I shouldnt have to justify what I eat

and thinking about it she never commented before i started sw on what i ate so i could sit here eating cake all day and she never said anything ARGH people do my head in lol

x

Your manager is obviously really upsetting you, do you think you should talk to her about it? She's being really unprofessional and I think you should tell her, privately, how her comments make you feel. If she continues, go and tell her boss about it. Simply put, she's bullying you and you don't have to put up with it.

Sorry to be so serious, but I know how you feel and sometimes confronting people (politely) is the only way to deal with these problems!

Teenyweeny.....gather every bit of regard and love for yourself and rise above her pathetic and pitiful comments.
Maybe you could challenge her with " I wonder why you feel the need to comment on everything I eat ? "
I wonder what she would come up with?
Also 2 ryvitas for lunch? Get over yourself lady !
Good luck hon...you will do it x
J

ah thats horrible teenyweeny and i know so much where your coming from, its horrible, im really unhappy in work with it all, and i think all just because i want to better myself and my health and i can the pee taken out of me, everything they say they refer to 'syns' and it does my nut in too. I know you had a bad day yesterday but come on think fook them and get on with it, as other people have said when the lbs start falling they will soon shut up, shes probably jealous that your actively doing something and being healthy because by the sounds of it she aint! Also Wussbirds comments are right for the both of us, if its getting so bad you should talk to her or if she doesnt listen go above her, unfortunately for me the only person i can talk to is my boss who is the one who is doing the pee taking, i will talk to her though if it carries on and make her see how much its getting to me. You can do it honey! We're behind you all the way!!! xx

Teenyweeny.....gather every bit of regard and love for yourself and rise above her pathetic and pitiful comments.
Maybe you could challenge her with " I wonder why you feel the need to comment on everything I eat ? "
I wonder what she would come up with?
Also 2 ryvitas for lunch? Get over yourself lady !
Good luck hon...you will do it x
J

Amen!!!

and she said "oooo are you allowed that on your diet"

I really do think you need to make: "Yes, why, aren't you? Oh you poor thing!" your standard reply, together with joyfully telling her about every pound you lose. :)

Again thanks everyone, this board is amazing and I have no doubt that if it wasnt for everyones comments on this thread today would be as bad today as it was yesterday.

She is an odd one, and does like to be naegative/critical towards everything and everyone. however as I am the largest person in the room, and others are doing a diet to and she never mentions it to them I know it is me she is singling out

Unfortunately I have no lover or respect for myself so that probably doesnt help the matter, I am at the beginning of my journey and have a long way to go but I am sure I will get stronger every day

Gonna carry on bringing in stacks of food and making a point of talking about how much i can eat and how much i have lost

Oh the other thing is she is openly against any kind of exercise, so I cant wait til I swim most days and go to aqua - she will hate that lol is it wrong that i want to rub her nose in it?

Thank you again

xxxx

Back