A tad concerned about my last weigh-in...

skinnylove_88

I went for my 8th weigh-in on Friday and I'd only lost 1lb. It's my TOTM so I don't know whether it's down to that.. but I'm a little confused as I've had no slip ups. I know from looking at other people's stats on here it is fairly common to get the odd 'bad' week and then the losses go back to normal (I have even told other people not to worry about this and here I am worrying myself). The thing that concerns me is that the chemist said it's most likely my weight has now reached a plateau because I've not got much to lose and am in the healthy weight range so the losses will now slow down considerably, and maybe I should consider moving to maintenance. I have literally JUST crossed the line this week from overweight into healthy weight for my height and I'm over two stone from my goal. I'm not ready for maintenance yet.

Do you guys think the chemist was right in saying my losses are going to slow right down now, or whether I should put last week down as a blip and see how the losses go for the next week or two? I was disappointed that I was getting 3lb losses the last couple of weeks but if it slows down to 1lb per week then I'm not sure I'll have the motivation I had to begin with to keep going! Any advice welcome. :D

Hi Skinnylove, if I were you I would definitely keep doing 100% for next few weeks, as it could well be down to TOTM, and your loss may compensate for that next week. After another two weeks, you realise the chemist is right and you've started to plateau, why not try refeed and maintenance? You may find you do that and still be losing, as many diaries on here seem to show.

Whatever happens, you've done amazingly and are always such a motivation to everyone else on here. Don't be disheartened by friday's weigh and good luck with next week xxx

Hey skinnylove, no there's no way your losses will slow down to 1lb a week. I did LT for six months before 100% and any week-usually TOTM- id have a 1lb or 2lb loss, id get a nice big one the following week so i definitely wouldn't worry. It's pretty much guaranteed you'll lose a stone a month so it'll balance out!x

No if anything you should be very excited to see a nice chunky loss next week :) x

I went for my 8th weigh-in on Friday and I'd only lost 1lb. It's my TOTM so I don't know whether it's down to that.. but I'm a little confused as I've had no slip ups. I know from looking at other people's stats on here it is fairly common to get the odd 'bad' week and then the losses go back to normal (I have even told other people not to worry about this and here I am worrying myself). The thing that concerns me is that the chemist said it's most likely my weight has now reached a plateau because I've not got much to lose and am in the healthy weight range so the losses will now slow down considerably, and maybe I should consider moving to maintenance. I have literally JUST crossed the line this week from overweight into healthy weight for my height and I'm over two stone from my goal. I'm not ready for maintenance yet.

Do you guys think the chemist was right in saying my losses are going to slow right down now, or whether I should put last week down as a blip and see how the losses go for the next week or two? I was disappointed that I was getting 3lb losses the last couple of weeks but if it slows down to 1lb per week then I'm not sure I'll have the motivation I had to begin with to keep going! Any advice welcome. :D

Hi Skinny, I remember I lost 5lbs in my last week on L.T after completing 21 weeks in 2010 so I dont agree that losses slow down. It doesnt make much sense because our bodies are taking their calorie requirements from the stores in our bodies, so how can we suddenly not need any calories to get through the day?? I know most people have an odd week where the scales show a small loss but I would imagine anyone being 100% will even that out the next week. You are doing an amazing job :)

I agree with other posters, u should lose a lot next week to compensate for it. Well done so far skinny, uve done great!

Hi Kozza,
I am sure the chemists use that excuse all the time. Mine said that and I was still classed as overweight. I have had some bad losses some weeks for no good reason as you may remember but I stuck with it and the losses picked up. I am sure it will pick up ;), remember to do what YOU want and don't get swayed by others. Keep your chin up, you have offered others such good advice when they are feeling down and I know that I for one have really appreciated that :D

:bighug:

I like reading things like this because I have over another 2 stone to lose. My chemist last week (Week 4) told me that my weight will stop coming off as much and to be honest, mine haven't been huge losses which I was worried about but a stone in 21 days is much healthier to me than losing a lot in the first week. I got worried when she told me that becuase like yourself, I don't think I can bear losing just 1-2 pounds a week. I want to see 3-4lb going forward. Stick with it though because I certainly am!! Can't wait to give other beach bods a run for their money!!! :p;)

Back