A tale of complacency and McDonalds McChicken sandwich!!

Hello all!

I rejoined Slimming World on 7 June 2011, having been a regular member before from May 2007. I lost 5 stone in the following 14 months and was well happy (if not at target). However complacency got the better of me and after letting my membership lapse and trying several times to get back on the wagon, I found myself having gained the entire 5 stone, plus a few extra pounds. Bad times :-( But I'm back in the game and had my first weigh-in last Tuesday and was staggered to find that I had lost 10 pounds in that first week!! Woo Hoo!

First time posting here - I needed to look up the syn value of a McDonalds McChicken sandwich and medium fries that I found myself eating when I was in London on a day out yesterday, with nowhere else to go as everywhere was packed out. I couldn't find any reference to eating out on the SW site (although I know they include it in their books) so did a Google search, and here I am! And I don't think it will be my last visit... not only did I find the answer I was looking for (Gulp! All those syns!) but there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here that will only help to make my journey, whilst long, extremely fulfilling and supported.

Here's to the future!! :)

Px

hi there

Just looked up and its:-McChicken sandwich 19syns on all plans and medium fries +12 on EE/green -

Good luck with your Journey -Im sure most of us have lost some before only to gain it back with VAT ;)- I did it on WW multiple times :p

Love those sentiments in your signature, and I agree with all of them - particularly the first about not letting success go to your head!

The info I got about the fries was from a post dating back to 2009 and the value you've posted is actually less than what it was back then! Result! I haven't had many syns this week up to now, so I am still within my 105, thankfully. I sometimes have trouble getting my head around EE, and tend to stick to original and green, but I think as time goes on, I will have more confidence to trust my instincts on EE.

Your weight loss is amazing - that's the sort of inspiration that will help people like me! Thank you :)

Hi and good luck in your journey :) I have to run past McDonalds and Burger King ouch i just think all them pounds - bad times :eek:

Back