Total Solution A total novice, after a solution

PollyPeanut

Hi,
I have bit the bullet and started the Exante Total Solution plan today, scared, excited but determined to lose this weight. I want to feel better about myself as I really don't have much confidence or self esteem but I am doing this plan prominently for health reasons.
I was around the 9st - 10st mark in my early 20's but after a period of ill health when I was 26 the medication I was put on rocketed my weight up from 10st to 16st in 5 months ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Since then I have fluctuated between 16st and 18st (at my heaviest)
Now I am in my 40's the excess weight is playing havoc with my joints and I have now been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees, ankles and hands.
I have tried the Paleo Diet, WW, Intermittent Fasting in the past but as a comfort eater I have really struggled to stick to any of them and my approach to portion sizes is disgraceful.
I have done a lot of research and I have decided that TS is (have) the best way forward for me ๐Ÿคž
I ordered the 4 week pack because I am from up North originally and I was brought up with 'dont waste nowt' drummed into me ๐Ÿ˜‰ so I figured if I buy 4 weeks worth the penny pincher in me will stick to the plan on principal and hopefully the weight loss will motivate me even more.
Jokes aside I know I have to seriously address my whole relationship with food, lose the weight and get healthy in my body and my mind.
So my journey began today..

Breakfast;
4am - Exante Slender Sip (I don't think I will have this before my morning shake again as I don't normally eat breakfast and I felt really sick after drinking it and the glass of water recommended)
4.30am - Beanies Coconut Delight Flavour Instant Coffee (black)
5am - Banana shake
Hmmm, it was all too much before going to clean a massive office block, I think in future maybe just the black coffee then I will have my shake around 8.30am once I am finished my morning shift.

Lunch;
2pm - White chocolate and raspberry bar

Dinner;
6pm - Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup with a bit chilli powder for taste

Water intake so far 2lts

I think I will add a Slender Sip before my lunch which I will have at 1pm from tomorrow as hunger just started to creep in late afternoon.
So... so far so good, still feeling positive and I enjoyed the products I have tried today
๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜Š

Good luck on your journey โ˜บ๏ธ

The first few days are the hardest, then it does get easier ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for your kind words and support ๐Ÿ˜Š
I really want to do my best and stick to this. It has not been as hard as I thought but I also know this is just day 1 so I am not getting carried with it.

Good luck Polly, this is both the easiest and the hardest diet to follow but the results are just brilliant! You and I have a similar amount of weight to lose...we will get there, just stick to it and the weight has to fall off! Take care! xx

Good luck Polly, this is both the easiest and the hardest diet to follow but the results are just brilliant! You and I have a similar amount of weight to lose...we will get there, just stick to it and the weight has to fall off! Take care! xx

Hi Jacci, It's is isn't it, I am so thirsty all the time and I am drinking 3 and a half litres ๐Ÿค” but I am loving the fact there is no stress in calorie counting, meal prep shopping and planning. Our weight and goals are similar, please keep in touch it would be good to hear how you are getting on too ๐Ÿ˜Š best wishes PP xx

Best of luck for day 2 Polly- we can do it! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Thanks Kate, We can do this yes! ๐Ÿ˜Š so far so good today but by gum (I sound like my Nan) am I thirsty! I am carrying a bottle of water around everywhere with me, like it's the most precious thing to me in the world ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope your day is going ok too. Best wishes PP xx

Deffo Polly!! So far so good but I will have a bad Saturday as it is my niece's birthday , she will be 18, I don't know how that has happened!! I was going to try and be good and eat a bar in the restaurant but I know what I am like. Even if I succeed in doing that I will feel deprived and probably eat all day Sunday! I am going to just have that meal and make good choices and not drink any alcohol! Then I will be fine to keep going as normal after that. I have osteoarthritis in my shoulders and need an op but I cannot face being obese for it so that is my reason for doing this. Good luck hun, I am sure we can do this!! xxx

Deffo Polly!! So far so good but I will have a bad Saturday as it is my niece's birthday , she will be 18, I don't know how that has happened!! I was going to try and be good and eat a bar in the restaurant but I know what I am like. Even if I succeed in doing that I will feel deprived and probably eat all day Sunday! I am going to just have that meal and make good choices and not drink any alcohol! Then I will be fine to keep going as normal after that. I have osteoarthritis in my shoulders and need an op but I cannot face being obese for it so that is my reason for doing this. Good luck hun, I am sure we can do this!! xxx

Turning 18 only happens once so have a fantastic evening with your niece and family on Saturday, I think (from experience) depriving myself made me worse so I totally get what you saying. The great thing about restaurants now is there is so much healthy choices now and most are very accommodating when you ask for adjustments to a meal, I worked in a restaurant a few years ago and the Chef was always happy to that ๐Ÿ˜Š I bet a nice evening out will do you the world of good and spur you on again on Sunday. Plus it's a chance to show off your weigh loss so far I know that would definitely give me a confidence boost. I have osteoarthritis too, knees, ankles and hands and that's what has really made me revaluate my view towards my weight and food so I am with you on that too. Losing weight will really help your recovery after your op that's for sure ๐Ÿ˜Š You can do it, we can do this!
Have a lovely evening, I am off to make my last shake for the day and will update my diet diary day 2 after..
Keep smiling and shake those pounds off โ˜บ๏ธ my new motto! xx

Day 2..

Breakfast - 4am Beanies coconut coffee (black)
8am - A warm coconut shake which I added a tsp of Beanies coconut coffee too

Lunch - 3pm Peanut bar

Dinner - 7pm Sweet n Sour noodles

Water - so far 3lts

So all in all day 2 went well I stuck to the plan 100% ๐Ÿ‘ after breakfast (the 8am one) till 3pm I was so so thirsty, I kept my bottle of water with me the whole time, I was practically hugging it to my heart ๐Ÿ˜„

One thing though I found staying asleep last night difficult, multiple visits to the toilet, it must be all the water. All in all I think I managed 3 and a half hours ๐Ÿ˜ so sneaked in a nap after my morning shift, not a good pattern to start I know but because Wednesdays and Thursdays are my busy days with lots of driving between sites I thought I best try and catch up on the lost sleep. Just hope the sleep issue is a one off or at least until I get into the swing of things. ๐Ÿคž
Still positive and still smiling though so all is good โ˜บ๏ธ

Day 3 morning;
I woke up feeling very queazy this morning after another unsettled night (I think I got 3 hours sleep all in) my morning medication didn't stay down long either ๐Ÿคข
I jumped on the scales as curiosity got the better of me, they read 17st2lb so that gave me a bit of boost because it's going to be a long day today me thinks.
Have a great day all ๐Ÿ˜Š xxx

Hope you feel a bit better as the day goes on Polly. I had a night of tossing and turning too and a very grumbly tummy!

Onwards and downwards! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

Oooh and I had a sneaky jump on the scales too - 1.8kg down already which Iโ€™m pleased about. Youโ€™ve had a great loss too - highly five us! โœ‹๐Ÿป

Hope you feel better as the day goes on Polly, well done to you and Kate as well for your losses on the scales! I am a notoriously slow loser unfortunately but still lose weight quicker doing this than any other diet! I had the munchies a bit last night but didnt grab any food....Yay!! Hope you both have a lovely day!

I tried some old clothes on last night and they looked a lot better so that is always good to keep you going!! I have got clothes that are practically brand new that I have not worn yet so all good!!

Chat later! xxx

Hope you feel a bit better as the day goes on Polly. I had a night of tossing and turning too and a very grumbly tummy!

Onwards and downwards! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป

Oooh and I had a sneaky jump on the scales too - 1.8kg down already which Iโ€™m pleased about. Youโ€™ve had a great loss too - highly five us! โœ‹๐Ÿป
Morning Kate ๐Ÿ‘‹
It's nice to hear it's not just me ๐Ÿ˜Š fingers crossed everything that is unsettled eases soon for us both.
Well done on your loss ๐Ÿ‘ it makes it all worth it doesn't it?
I hope you have a great Wednesday!! xx

Hope you feel better as the day goes on Polly, well done to you and Kate as well for your losses on the scales! I am a notoriously slow loser unfortunately but still lose weight quicker doing this than any other diet! I had the munchies a bit last night but didnt grab any food....Yay!! Hope you both have a lovely day!

I tried some old clothes on last night and they looked a lot better so that is always good to keep you going!! I have got clothes that are practically brand new that I have not worn yet so all good!!

Chat later! xxx

Morning Jacci ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have just had a strawberry shake for breakfast and oh my days did I love it ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‹
Tops my favourite list my miles so far.
Trying on old clothes is a great idea, I have tonnes in my wardrobe I can't bare to part with because I haven't worn them yet either.
Have a great day!

PP xx

Feel better soon x

An unsettled stomach is fairly common in the first few days......and will settle โ˜บ๏ธ

Thanks Darcy,

I am so pleased I found this forum as I am a bit of a worrier and everyone helps put my mind at rest.

Enjoy your day and thanks again ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

Back