A vat of rice pudding!

lickthelid

Lives here....
I wanted to mix up my HEX A a bit and decided to have the 350ml of skimmed milk in rice pudding. I cooked up some plain basmati rice with it and added a liberal sprinkling of cinnamon and Splenda. It tastes nice but has set into a lump!

Does anyone have any ways they make it creamier or at the very least a little thinner? I'm thinking of cooking it in water first next time and then 'over cooking' it in the milk mixture.

Any ideas welcome!!

Maybe the water...I feel like I eat so many yoghurts I was hoping to go for traditional tasting rice pudding. I'll definitely try that though thanks!! :)

I use pudding rice, enough to cover the bottom of the pan, fill almost to the top with cold water and boil. As the water soaks up to the sloppy stage I add vanilla essence and sweetener. If I want it firmer I then transfer to the oven in a pyrex dish and then add some of my milk allowance. Once it begins to get a skin on the top I remove and have it hot with the rest of my milk allowance poured over nom nom. I have also eaten it firmed up with Jam yummy and used my milk for teas.

I use pudding rice, enough to cover the bottom of the pan, fill almost to the top with cold water and boil. As the water soaks up to the sloppy stage I add vanilla essence and sweetener. If I want it firmer I then transfer to the oven in a pyrex dish and then add some of my milk allowance. Once it begins to get a skin on the top I remove and have it hot with the rest of my milk allowance poured over nom nom. I have also eaten it firmed up with Jam yummy and used my milk for teas.

That sounds IMMENSE!!!! ok I'm doing that!! X

I made it your way today as I needed a filling breakfast as not sure when lunch will be (I have a banana on me too!) and it was great. Yum yum :) the only difference is I drained the sweetened water and added my milk allowance to the pan and left it to reduce with the cinnamon and some more Splenda. Then I let it cool a bit. I'm soooo full as I usually have fruit and yoghurt so now not at all concerned about lunch! :)

Back