A Wagamama inspired dish for you.

trf1960

If you love Wagamama, you may well love this. Its called GINGER CHICKEN WITH UDON NOODLES and is perfect on SW and unless I have missed something completely, is SYN FREE.

2 chicken breasts, sliced.
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
2 x 150g AMOY "Straight to Wok" Udon Noodles (syn free although other brands are not!)
6 spring onions cut length ways
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 red chilli, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 egg, beaten
25g (or to taste) pickled ginger (comes in a jar from most supermarkets)
Fresh Coriander to taste.

Put the chicken in a bowl and add the soy sauce, lemon juice and 5 spice powder. Stir well and leave to marinade for at least 15 mins. Meanwhile put the noodles in a bowl and cover with hot water and leave to stand for 10 minutes, stir to separate the strands.

In a Wok or large frying pan, spray with frylight and stirfry the chicken until lightly coloured. Add the drained noodles, spring onions, garlic, fresh and dried chillis to the pan and continue stir frying for 2 mins.

Push the chicken and noodles to the side of wok. Add the beaten egg and cook for 30-40 seconds or until almost set, before breaking it into strands and tossing through the other ingredients.

Scatter the pickled ginger and some chopped coriander over the top and continue to stir fry for 2-3 minutes. The noodles will be lightly browned in places and the whole dish should smell slightly toasted when it is done.

Serve with a few more sprigs of coriander scattered over the top and ENJOY.

Recipe is taken from "Without the Calories" (takeaway favourites) by Justine Pattison and she has loads of others that I am checking through that are SW friendly so will post others as and when I can.

Back