A week of D.C. to get me sorted!

dawnyblue

Hi

I guess you're probably not meant to use DC if you only have a small amount to lose (i.e. 7 -14lbs) but I need something to get me sorted and I don't want to do any daft detox type thing.

Last year I started on the CD in October and successfully lost 3st, however this year I slowly put 1/2 stone back that I am finding absolutely impossible to get back off. When I lost the 3st I still had a few lbs to go to get to goal so now I reckon I'm around 7 - 14lbs overweight. I know that's not a lot in the grand scheme of things but it's making me quite unhappy, plus I bought an awful lot of lovely new clothes that are now too tight and I refuse to start buying next size up again or I just know I'll be on that slippery slope back to 3stone over again.

Anyway, I decided to try D.C as the meals looked lovely and not at all like a diet. My box arrived yesterday so I've now completed (almost) my first day. As follows;

B. 2 desertspoons of fruit (raspberries, blackberries and apple)
topped with a probiotic yogurt
topped off with the pink apple and cinnamon granola

L. tomato soup

D. Beef in black porter with broccoli
handful of grapes

later tonight I will have one of the nak'd bars and a milky coffee.

I am however feeling quite hungry and looking at what I've eaten can see it's probably not enough for me at a BMI of around 24 so I think I may add a bit more fruit and veg tomorrow. I am also horrified at the amount of granola and am dreading having it with just milk, I think adding a banana will probably help there.

Any advice or encouragement gratefully received

Hiya Dawn - I'm on Slimming World atm but the DietChef banner that keeps popping up on minimins has a funny way of catching the eye (who'd have thought it!? :D)

Hope it works out well for you - I was wondering what exactly the plan says you can add in on top of the meals? I fancy giving this a try for a bit of a boost now and then, but definitely know what you mean about 50g of granola looking pretty lonely in a cereal bowl without a bit of fruit chucked in!

Think you could get away with having anything else alongside the bowl of soup? It looks pretty lonely on it's own lol

I have tried allot the D C products. When I saw how much granola was in a bag I was shocked. But had it with skimmed milk and I was full and it lasted me tip lunchtime. Did you mention having the bar?

Good luck I am sure you can bulk it up to amount your body needs

Irene x

Hi Dawn,

If you're really hungry adding more veg and another piece of fruit won't hurt.

I enjoy my granola with some berries, either blue or rasp usually and half of a vanilla or banana & custard muller light yoghurt. Not everyones cup of tea I know but I find the texture better personally than milk, it feels more like a meal. It does mean that there's no milk allowance left though. This doesn't worry me as I drink black coffee and green tea out of preference anyway but may be a problem to some.

Although it doesn't look like a great deal - even though I use a child's dish - I find it enough AND I don't get hungry during the morning.

The idea of soup and nothing else doesn't seem like much but I find the reality is that it does the trick for lunch although I do get hungry about 3-4pm when I'll often have a small banana or something.

I think you may find that your hunger will get less as you get used to the portion sizes.

I hope you find this useful, I look forward to hearing how you get on. Keep us up to date!

Hiya Dawn - I'm on Slimming World atm but the DietChef banner that keeps popping up on minimins has a funny way of catching the eye (who'd have thought it!? :D)

Hope it works out well for you - I was wondering what exactly the plan says you can add in on top of the meals? I fancy giving this a try for a bit of a boost now and then, but definitely know what you mean about 50g of granola looking pretty lonely in a cereal bowl without a bit of fruit chucked in!

Think you could get away with having anything else alongside the bowl of soup? It looks pretty lonely on it's own lol

Hi LoChan, you are allowed 2 pieces of fruit and a portion of veg alongside the meals given to you. I was surprised when I had my granola with milk this morning that it wasn't actually as tiny as I was fearing and actually quite filling and the soup yesterday and milkshake today were pretty filling, although I've struggled a little with hunger today, going to post my day in a minute

Hi Dawn,

If you're really hungry adding more veg and another piece of fruit won't hurt.

I enjoy my granola with some berries, either blue or rasp usually and half of a vanilla or banana & custard muller light yoghurt. Not everyones cup of tea I know but I find the texture better personally than milk, it feels more like a meal. It does mean that there's no milk allowance left though. This doesn't worry me as I drink black coffee and green tea out of preference anyway but may be a problem to some.

Although it doesn't look like a great deal - even though I use a child's dish - I find it enough AND I don't get hungry during the morning.

The idea of soup and nothing else doesn't seem like much but I find the reality is that it does the trick for lunch although I do get hungry about 3-4pm when I'll often have a small banana or something.

I think you may find that your hunger will get less as you get used to the portion sizes.

I hope you find this useful, I look forward to hearing how you get on. Keep us up to date!

Hi Jan, the granola with milk wasn't too bad after all today but I think I may try it with a muller light too, although I'd probably struggle to only eat half :D

I had to have my nak'd bar late morning too as hunger was hitting me quite badly, probably as I only had half a small banana with brekkie, I'm sure I'll adapt soon, my main reason for choosing this diet is to try and sort out my portion sizes and food choices

Hmn think will give this a try soon, if anything to get hold of the flavour varieties of the lizi granola - I've found the original and organic in the shops but not the treacle and pecan/chocolate etc!

I've been having granola for breakfast everyday since monday with an activia fatfree vanilla yog and chopped banana (fitting it into SW) - that does seem to do the trick for breakfast. I think I'd prolly let myself have two yoghurts and maybe 2 slices of lowcal bread in with the dietchef plan, since I'm a bit on the heavy end of the scale - don't wanna be fainting!

Clairbear - not got MSN but we can PM (private message on here) each other or email if you like? It's handy having someone with a goal similar to yours for chatting with :)

Ok, today not quite so brilliant but we've had a day out today so in retrospect (? right word) I've done 100x better than I would have done normally

B. granola with s. skimmed milk and half a small banana

Snack. berry Nak'd bar

L. Mediterranean veg and fruity couscous (half portion as I was full) as we were eating at Ikea

Snack. Mince pie in M&S cafe :eek:

D. Chocolate milkshake (taken with me fortunately as family were eating in McDonalds and it was a D.C milkshake NOT a McDonalds one!)

Snack . Muller vitality yogurt as absolutely starving

I've bought a DS My Health Coach - Weight Management today so hopefully that'll help too, mainly getting me to move about more, it's not going to help foodwise on this diet as it's telling me off for not eating enough to balance against my exercise as it considers my weight ok as my BMI is 24.5.

Looking forward to tomorrow already!

Thanks Lindylou, been there but they only seem to actually sell the original and organic ones online, they just have the info about the flavour ones as far as I can see - to taunt me, it's just to taunt me! :eek:

Absolutely starving today!

B. toffee and pecan granola with skimmed milk and a handful of grapes

L. honey and parsnip soup

snack. ginger oat biscuits

D. chicken curry (more potato than anything else and quite spicy) with a mound of steamed curly kale followed by a banana

I've also just had 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk as I was so hungry I was scared I was going to dive into a box of biscuits or something. I don't think I'm going to be able to get used to the size of these portions

My DS 'Health Coach' has helped encouraged me to move more though, I've been out twice today playing basketball with my son, whereas I'd normally just watch him, and when I went out on an errand I went the long way round, plus I've been doing some press ups and star jumps which my son thinks is hilarious. Perhaps I'm more hungry because I'm moving more? Oh what a vicious circle!

Hi Dawn!

I've just been having a look to see how much you have to lose. I was thinking - if you're that hungry you should up your intake BUT - if I was you, in view of the fact you have a relatively small amount of weight to lose (and believe me I KNOW that doesn't make it any easier - quite the reverse in fact) BUT (again) I really think that if you can stick it out you will see such a fantastic result in just a week that it will be SOOOOO worth it and you'll be nearly there!!!! :angel09:
How great would you feel then????!!!!!!!

Keep at it kiddo!! The extra movement can only help - AND help pass the time!!

Maybe you could try doing a bit like WW does with Bonus points for exercise - if you do a lot in one day you could work out the calories and use some of those to top yourself up? Do it trial by error each week to see what you can get along with and still lose weight at a rate your happy with?

For help working out how many cals you've burned try this site - it lists loads of activities and works it out based on your weight etc :)

Calories Burned, BMI, BMR & RMR Calculator | CaloriesPerHour.com

(you want to choose the Activity calculator from the list)

Heh decided to stop umming and ahhing about trying this - have ordered two weeks using the FRIEND discount code to get £5 off, didn't want to commit to 5 weeks worth until giving it a test drive :)

Will stick with Slimming World for another week then do one week on dietchef, one on SW then another on dietchef to see how I get on with that, hoping for some good results this January!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies, I'm trying hard to stick to it properly but I don't think these hols help it'll probably get better when I'm back at work tomorrow. Today's been another struggle, although not so much hunger, more weakness.

B. Half a sausage sandwich, chocolate granola with skimmed milk

L. Pea and ham soup and small wholemeal roll

Snack. banana

D. 2 slices of gammon, 1 roast potato, 2 boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli and curly kale followed by a mince pie

I chose to eat the same as the family for the evening meal as we always sit down together on a Sunday and I just wanted to eat the same as everyone else, the meal would have been ok, it was just the mince pie that ruined it :sigh:

Jan you are so right about small amounts being harder than large amounts to lose, my first 2 1/2 stone came off fairly easily with hardly any blips and the last 1/2 stone took me weeks. Now I've put that 1/2 stone back on again it's an absolute nightmare to get back off. The motivation for a few lbs is so much weaker than the motivation you feel for a few stone

How are you getting on today Dawn? I think my box will be coming tomorrow or wednesday - I found the Lizi original granola in tesco - 500g bag for £3.10 so I've just asked for lots of the flavoured ones off dietchef, can't find anywhere british that sells those outside of London town lol

Getting back to work today has definitely made it easier!

B. original granola with skimmed milk and a banana

snack. apple

L. beef and tomato soup (OMG that is sooo gorgeous, more like a meal than soup)

snack. banana

D. salmon fillet and stir fry veg

snack. cocoa loco nakd bar (wow)

feeling pretty hungry now though, possibly because I didn't have a D.C meal, this was because my hubby cooked and had it ready for me as I came in from work so I wasn't going to complain or refuse :D

Thanks for that LoChan, I'll definitely be looking for the Lizi's granola in Tesco, I just need to find somewhere that stocks the Nakd bars now, I just love them

*smiles* they stock nakd bars in some of the Holland and Barretts hun and a few other health shops - they also do nairn oat biscuits and bites which I think are the other snack options on dietchef. You can buy nakd bars wholesale from the company too - Nakd - Things that make you say Yum! - Home

I'm being useful today lol

Sainsbury's have the berry and the cocoa nak'd bars in packs of 5 for £2.49. They also have 3 of the soups and 2 or 3 of the meals. The chilli is only £1.49.

Back