A week of D.C. to get me sorted!

:sigh: no Nakd bars in my H&B and no Sainsbury's near me

Anyway, all in all it's been a very unsuccessful week for me (I'd only ordered a week to try it). The food is absolutely GORGEOUS but I just needed MORE and kept adding extra things and then nibbling at night. SO after doing it for 1 week I STS which is no surprise. If I could have been strong enough I'm sure I'd have lost 3 or 4lb which would have been a lovely boost.

I will possibly just try calorie counting or something now. One positive note for me though was I went to the gym (after a 3 week break) and got weighed with my body fat content and although the weight was the same as it's been each month since I started in October my body fat is slowly coming down each time. 32% at my highest and 29% now so I'm pleased about that.

If anyone was wondering about doing DC and could cope with eating around 1200 calories then I would definitely say go for it, the food is just Sooooo tasty, some of it a little rich if anything.

Good luck to everyone doing DC and to anyone starting out.

Ah :( Really sorry it didn't work out for you. Have you considered doing a metabolic rate assessment? You are so near your goal that it is really tough going.

Please let us know how you get on with the calorie counting - don't go wondering off now hehe! DC isn't that removed from calorie counting - I think most of us are counting as it seems a sensible thing to do and a better reflection of what we are doing.

Good luck :)

Ah :( Really sorry it didn't work out for you. Have you considered doing a metabolic rate assessment? You are so near your goal that it is really tough going.

Please let us know how you get on with the calorie counting - don't go wondering off now hehe! DC isn't that removed from calorie counting - I think most of us are counting as it seems a sensible thing to do and a better reflection of what we are doing.

Good luck :)

Thanks for that, I'll stick with it this time I promise, whatever I do to get these last few lbs off I'll stay with minimins this time..
What is a metabolic rate assessment and how do I do it?

I've yet to have the metabolic rate assessment done but figure I will once I get nearer to goal. I was quote £60 for the test. They wire you up, you have to breath through a tube and sit for a while and they get a basic rate - then they make you run on a treadmill for a while to get an idea of how well you burn fuel. Then you get a report that tells you your basic metabolic rate, ideal heart rate for burning calories etc.

There are websites that you can enter your weight, height, activity and such like into and they can give you a basic idea of basic metabolic rate, but nothing apparently beats a proper test.

Oof, the precise testingsness lol

Shame DC didn't suit you Dawn, I know what you mean about needing more, I've not stuck with just the DC foods but I have done exercise to compensate. It's finding what suits you really, all we can do is try lol

Keep us posted with how you get on! :)

- if y'still wanting to get hold of nakd stuff they've got sort of selection boxes for sale on their site which might be good, might get myself one.

Natural Balance Foods Shop

Good luck!

Sorry it didn't suit Dawn. Let's face it - if one thing suited everybody there wouldn't be so many flippin' things out there to try would there??

You'll get there!

Sorry it didn't suit Dawn. Let's face it - if one thing suited everybody there wouldn't be so many flippin' things out there to try would there??

You'll get there!

Jan you are so true, but its good that we are so different but in 1 way we are all the same. We can all help a friend in need and this forum does just that. :D

Back