A 'weigh' of life

Yeh, they've had that xmas tree for years, dunno why it's suddenly got all the interest this year?! Although you can go inside it this year which you've never been able to do before. It wasn't too busy thank god! But we left LO with SIL for the afternoon so we didn't have to worry about the pram. Do you live up in the North west? We live in North Wales (technically only just over the border from Chester tho!) and I work in The Port so am down the oaks quite a bit. Yeh, I don't really think my issue is with my weight as such, it's with my eating habits and I'm afraid I'll never deal with them. Already I've thought to myself that things would be better if I wasn't going to SW and didn't have the pressure of a WI each week. But in reality I know that I only want to stop having a WI each week so I can eat what I want. And right now that means twixs, cadburys and cakes!!

We live in Derbyshire but husband's originally from the north west (near Northwich) so we were up visiting the in laws. They're only 30 mins from Chester, if that, so we usually end up there for a visit. Love that place!

I know how easily I can slip back too, I'm a terrible comfort eater and since my MH issues resurfaced in early pregnancy it's been a bit of a losing battle. I do feel better when I'm mostly on plan though so I have to try. I have big issues with control and food is about the only thing I can control at the moment! I know for me that I'm stuck with SW for life now, unless I have a massive change in my thinking. I keep thinking of my boy though, the last thing I want is for him to have the issues I have with food. I certainly don't want him to see me on diets all the time. But then I don't want him to have an overweight mum either! It's a toughy...

I used to work in Northwich until we got relocated last year. Small world!

I'm the same with my son, I don't want to pass my issues onto him, and I don't ever want him to see me weighing my food or having a binge either. It's one of those things that it feels like doing one thing goes against the other. But right now I dunno how to motivate myself to eat healthier in any other way. If I didn't go to SW this week alone I would've had a good few unhealthy face stuffing sessions!

2 and a half pounds off this week! It's been tough sticking to it but I'm so glad I did! Hoping for another good loss next week!

2 and a half pounds off this week! It's been tough sticking to it but I'm so glad I did! Hoping for another good loss next week!

Ooh well done! Makes it all worthwhile :) xxx

It's been a stressful couple of days thanks to having the car in at the garage! Stupid garage have messed it up and not been able to fix it in three days! Will not be taking it there again! It's tough getting around with no car when you live in a village and 8 miles away from work! I've had to take a day off work today cos of it! Shouldn't complain really cos I'm meant to be working until 10pm so I've got a night in at home at least.

Have made the most of having the day of by leaving LO with the childminder and going back to bed! I've also done some jobs around the house. Feeling very smug SW wise, have got a pork joint in the slow cooker for tea tonight and have just made myself some soup that will do for lunches the rest of the week. It was roast veggie and absolutely delicious if I do say so myself!

I'm really feeling like I've found my mojo with SW now. That loss on Monday has given me a massive confidence boost. I actually really enjoy doing red days although it means being stricter with myself than I'd initially planned. I think when I started out I was hoping I could eat what I wanted/like I used to and still lose weight. I'm realising now that's not likely to happen. But I am enjoying trying new recipies and different things along the way. I'm honestly flirting with the idea of sticking with this after I get back into my trousers. I worry though that doing that will send me on a downward spiral of being obsessed with my weight and dieting again. I don't know right now! The best thing is to take it one day at a time and focus on that.

My food for today - red day

Breakfast - porridge made with muller light greek cherry heb and half syn
Snacked on banana orange grapes apple and pear through morning
Lunch - 4 ryvita and 2 mini tubs philli light with sliced ham hea and heb
Home made roast veg soup (BNS, onion, pepper, tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree and oxo cube)
Muller light greek toffee half syn
4 chocolates 12 syns
Tea will be slow cooked pulled pork (2 syns for nando's marinade rub stuff on it) with lots of SF veggies.
Second HEA in tea through the day

Stood at the bus stop in freezing cold wind and rain on my way to get the car! Had planned on walking from town to the garage, not so sure now!!

This week hasn't been the best! Don't want to go into things too much, but basically very stressed and emotionally all over the place! Grrr! Which has shown it's self in my bad eating habits! Double grrrr!

Food today - Green
2 boiled eggs
1 slice wholemeal bread heb
Spread 2 syns
Some grapes
Muller light greek cherry yog half syn
Home made veggie soup (all super free)
4 ryvita heb
2 philli light mini tubs hea
Pasta
Tomatoes peppers cucumber

Will probably end up having another couple of mullers and some fruit while at work tonight - will update with details.

Don't let the stress beat you!! I know what you mean about the bad eating habits kicking in tho, rally struggling myself just now, but hoping that when the mist clears I can focus again lol. Well done on your loss this week tho, keep up the good effort! xx

Don't let the stress beat you!! I know what you mean about the bad eating habits kicking in tho, rally struggling myself just now, but hoping that when the mist clears I can focus again lol. Well done on your loss this week tho, keep up the good effort! xx

Thanks Maverick! There is nothing worse is there than knowing you want to do this but eating rubbish!

I just feel like I'm so half hearted at the moment, I'm not sure what I want to do and I just keep going round in a circle of telling myself I'm ok as I am, I don't need to lose weight, to having a binge and then feeling bad about it and telling myself I need to get my bum into gear and lose weight! I need to make my mind up once and for all - if I'm paying to go SW I do it properly otherwise I should just do one!!

I'm doing really well today but in the back of my mind I'm thinking what's the point cos I've had such a rubbish week and even if I do 3 100% days on plan, I'll be lucky to get any kind of loss! Urgh! I hate this!

Adding to todays food

Coconut muller light greek yog half syn
Three jaffa cakes 7.5 syns
Banana
Pear
2 clementines
Apple

Think I'm feeling guilty because I've had a full days syns despite having a crappy week. Am doing my best to fight the temptation to binge until WI on Monday!

This weekend has well and truely been a disaster! Not going into details other than kfc, roses and dominos! WI today has seen me over my SW start weight!

This is not good! It's either I do this and do it 100% properly, or I don't bother at all. I keep telling myself I don't need to lose weight, but I want to and I want to eat healthier! It's time to pull my finger out!

Ooooo I need to go to cheshire oaks to feel Christmassy - nipped over to liverpool 1 yesterday and it was full of the Christmas spirit but absolutely rammed! I'm in between sizes so putting off buying any clothes but there was so many nice jumpers and snugly clothes out!!

I've fallen off it too so I feel your pain! Just do what you can and don't beat yourself up if it's not 100% on plan. It doesn't have to be all or nothing xxx

Ooooo I need to go to cheshire oaks to feel Christmassy - nipped over to liverpool 1 yesterday and it was full of the Christmas spirit but absolutely rammed! I'm in between sizes so putting off buying any clothes but there was so many nice jumpers and snugly clothes out!!

We were planning on going Liverpool today but LO has a bad cough so didn't want to drag him out in the cold today! Really couldn't be doing with going up there on a weekend so soon to Christmas!

We have become everything I ever hated - we have put our tree up in November! Decided if we were going to be stuck indoors with a sickly little one on my weekend off we might as well do something productive, so we have the tree up! Still can't believe it is sooo soon!

I've fallen off it too so I feel your pain! Just do what you can and don't beat yourself up if it's not 100% on plan. It doesn't have to be all or nothing xxx

I know missy! You're right! At least I am making steps towards eating better.

I want to get back into the zone I was when I first started. I wasn't bothered about losing and was more concerned with eating healthy in a way I could do forever and let the weight fall off at it's own pace.

This week I'm going to eat the foods I enjoy rather than worring about which ones are best for weight loss and I think I will be a lot happier for that.

Aw poor little one. I would have the tree up now too if I could but I haven't got any little ones so don't really have the excuse!
Have you got yourself back on track today? I wasn't good at all on Friday/Saturday but got straight back on it yesterday and feel much better for it. Just nipped to tesco and nearly got sucked down the Christmas chocolate ailse! Thankfully it was really busy so my impatience swayed me away!

Yeh, I've had a better day SW wise, but have been so full after the pizza I had last night I didn't want to eat until lunchtime, which is not like me at all!

Poor wee fella still hasn't been great today so has had lots of cuddles off OH and I. Really not happy about going back to work tomorrow but OH is staying off to look after him. Got all my food ready for tomorrow as well so I will be on plan again too. I think it has helped already that I've stopped worrying about how much I lose next week and just focus on being on plan as much as I can each day. I am gutted I'm back to where I started and I feel like I wasted the last 6 weeks, but the way I'm looking at it is I've technically maintained for 6 weeks so that's a bonus!

Back