a weight loss query

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Jill1962, 15 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Jill1962

Jill1962 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Just wondering about expected weight loss- i started at 13 4 and so far have lost a stone. I know evryone is different but on average how long does it posisble take to lose four and a half stone

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    It does vary person to person but I lost 4st 13lbs in 100 days last year when I did Lighter Life ---- am hoping for something as good this time!

4. Jill1962

Jill1962 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Thanks for that- how come u r diong it again. God i hope i am not still doing it this time next year

5. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hi Jill

I lost 3 stone 10 in my first 11 weeks so at a guess I'd say 12 weeks for 4 stone but obviously it's different for everyone...good luck!

6. Mrs Pink

Mrs Pink Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think a minimum of a stone a month if SS?

7. Delli

Delli Talks too much

they say a stone a month but it really is an individual thing

8. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    It is so individual that it is difficult to speculate. There are so many factors to consider, your current weight, your activity levels and those whilst you are on the plan.
    I think that you just need to go with the flow and see how you react to it. I think I was under a stone a month loss but as the weight was coming off I didn't mind that it wasn't as quick as others. It's not a competition after all. Just see it as a loss and the next week will take care of itself.
    I think I was abstinant for 7 months and lost 6.5stone.
    Your losses are good so far so just keep with it and by the middle of summer you will be all slinky!!!
    Good luck!

9. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    They say if you follow the plan, 100%, all your packs and all your water, you will lose 1 stone a month.

I lost just under 2 stones my first month - but I started at a much higher weight then you - 20 stone - the heavier you are the faster it comes off - at first.

As said before, its all individual. As long as you are following th eplan, the weight will come off - at whatever speed the body is willing to let it go.

Good luck to you! You'll be done before you know it!

XX

10. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I lost 4 stone 8 in 12 weeks but it has slowed to about a stone a month now. I work on that figure so I can roughly estimate my end date. everyone is different but as others have said... if you stay in abstinence the weight will come off and come off quickly :D

11. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree it could be a stone a month if you stay in complete abstinence. As you get smaller it would be good to increase your exercise as this will also help.

Also as you get smaller (oh I love that word) you will feel like you can do more without trying.:D

12. Jill1962

Jill1962 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    thank you al - yes that is what i must do- increase my execices

13. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi
    I have lost 4 stone in 3.5 months with an average of 3.75 pounds per week. The time has really flown by for me.
    As for exercise, I walk about 1 hour per day on the school walk and we usually go for a walk at the weekend, I have a cross trainer which I use occasionally, but that is about it. However, I will now be upping the exercise to help keep it off.

Started RTM yesterday.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.