A Weighty Problem. 18lb by Christmas?

porkscratching

Silver Member
So I have decided to see if keeping an online diary will help me get my focus back and kick start me losing weight again.
Quick outline - start weight 16 stone 7 - got to 15 stone 3 in a month then joined SW, lost initially but have struggled over the last 6 weeks, if I'm honest have been on plan 80% - usually a bottle of wine and some crackers once a week or a few vodkas but I did think I was still within weekly syns but apparently not.
Sway between days were I'm not that bothered about food to days when I just want to eat constantly and refined carbs are my biggest weakness.
Exercise wise, I am doing more than I have ever done to be honest - at least an hour 5 times a week & a 10k walk at the weekend. Plus started some circuit training last week as well.
Yet my weight loss has been virtually non existent recently.
Now I vow not to scale hop & to allow myself one flexi syn day out of 10 - will try and "budget" this in weekly syn allowance though and stick with the couch to 5k training programme.

So here's todays run down.

RED DAY

Breakfast - plums and litre of water 8am
First day of couch to 5K - 30 mins alternate jog/walk
Early Lunch - spicy homemade veg soup, celery, apple and mandarin salad.
Litre of water
20 mins kettlebells
2 glasses water
Afternoon slump - 6 minstrels & 2 tuc crackers with low low cheese spread(1/2 HEA) - 10 SYNS
Dinner - Chicken, ham, rocket, tomatoes, celery and spring onion salad. 2 plums and an orange.
Litre of water
Supper - slice of wholemeal toast (HEB), tomato, low low cheese spread, slice of wafer ham (1/2 HEA)
Tea with semi skim - 3 cups (HEA)
2 glasses water

I feel like I've eaten all day today & have just wanted food - really bloated feeling feel sooooo heavy & - got scratchy throat, sneezy and itchy eyes as well.

Last time I weighed at the gym I was 13 stone 13.5 lb but sure am more than that today - official SW weigh in on Sunday (as I do it online).

Anyone any tips on how to break a plateau - 14 stone seems to be becoming harder to break through each week & I really don't want to give up.

Good Morning . And it is a good morning ;-)
Woke up a few times in the night & while not in pain, I felt really stiff and achy. Still all stuffed up with a cold as well. Resisted the urge to pull duvet over head and roll over as my morning exercise - got up, had some sudafed and some cetirizine & hit the woodland trail about a mile from home. And then the woodland trail hit me - No idea how, lost my footing went straight down and ate dirt. Dusted myself off & wondered whether this was really the fates telling me to go home for a pancake ... set timer and did Week 1 Day 2 of the couch to 5k challenge. Have to say I found it tough but I stuck it out and after the 5k challenge did another 5k walk cross country through the woods. Dog had a wonderful time swimming in the turlough and I was sorry I hadn't got my camera with me - I need a little mini pack to carry some water, car keys and camera - as I don't half rattle along with my pockets stuffed!
So home feeling better than I did when I got up and not as stiff - I assume that will get easier but giving weights a miss today.
Just been to town and bought some lovely organic homegrown tomatoes - plan on having them later for brunch.
So far today -
BREAKFAST Muller Light and a banana
2 Glass of water with lemon.
and then the plan is -
BRUNCH wholemeal toast HEB with some Low Low cheese spread (1/2 HEA) mushrooms and tomatoes
Tea with semi skim (part of HEA 2)
2 glass water with lemon
DINNER
Roast skinless chicken, broccoli, peas and carrots, 2 tbsp gravy - 2 syns & fruit salad

So far that leaves me of plenty of options for snacks and even a potato with dinner if I fancy one.

Wow! Busy day for you. Hope the fall wasn't too bad though! I don't know much about SW but am here to support. I suffered a plateau with WW a few months ago so I just stopped so not really good advice or tips for breaking a plateau for you there I'm afraid! I'm currently doing the alternate day fast diet but because of IBS, I'm not eating too much right now All the best hunny.

Like Faith, Rawrgirl doesn't know anything about SW, but cutting out the fruit and skipping the potato might help with breaking the plateau. Also, you're body just might be adjusting to the weight you've already lost. Hehe...wine and vodka...they are Rawrgirl's weekend treats too, lol.

Wow! Busy day for you. Hope the fall wasn't too bad though! I don't know much about SW but am here to support. I suffered a plateau with WW a few months ago so I just stopped so not really good advice or tips for breaking a plateau for you there I'm afraid! I'm currently doing the alternate day fast diet but because of IBS, I'm not eating too much right now All the best hunny.

Thanks for dropping by - I did quite a bit of reading about JUDDD today - wondering whether to switch. Or keep the SW parameters & JUDDD too - I don't want pizza, takeaways etc in my daily routine. Not been up for much else today - this cold/allergic rhinitus whatever the heck it is has me swamped (must of lost at least 1lb in snot today - eeeeuuurgh - tmi) - throat hurts, chest is tight and had sudafed, cetirizine, lemsip flu caps and salt water nose irrigation and nothing is helping much. Mind you the half slice of swiss roll I ate was never going to help - so why did I eat it?!? lol.
Supposed to be swimming in morning - hope feel better by then.

Like Faith, Rawrgirl doesn't know anything about SW, but cutting out the fruit and skipping the potato might help with breaking the plateau. Also, you're body just might be adjusting to the weight you've already lost. Hehe...wine and vodka...they are Rawrgirl's weekend treats too, lol.
Thanks Rawrgirl - I was reading your diary last night. V entertaining.
I skipped the potato and the fruit salad was full enough (had an apple while making dinner) - I've started eating more fruit as that seems to be SW consultants mantra when you're not losing - eat more fruit! So if only to say I tried I'm doing it. Fell down with a tiny slice of swiss roll and 3 oven chips - didn't even enjoy it and it's now day 10 of no alcohol treats, in fact not really any treat at all. Drinking at least 3 litres of water now as well (I'll probably evolve into a camel)
As replied above - feeling awful and just want today to end so can go to bed. Still dreading WI tomorrow - feel I deserve a loss but feel massssssive.

Hope I have left the demon 14 behind forever! Weigh in this morning after breakfast - I'd normally go swimming first and WI after that but this damn cold is still hanging around and has shifted to my chest, as I'm already asthmatic it's left me a bit sore and breathless. Anyhow, ta-da 13 stone 11 lb.
So went to gym (arrived 10 mins before opening and sat there for half an hour before the girl turned up - grrrrr) and did Week 1 Day 3 of the couch to 5k challenge - it's much easier doing it on a treadmill than when I'm out in the woods. I felt almost hare-like compared to my usual tortoise run! Did 2 circuits of 15 reps each and then 15 mins of free weights.
Been shopping - only good stuff in my trolley, apart from some Walkers baked stars cheese and onion (OH will be here Monday and he's a big kettle crisp fan - so with these I'll be prepared and able to say no). I also got some pink grapefruit hi juice 13 cals a glass, as I really don't think diet soda is good for me - think it messes with insulin production but I could be wrong. Worth the cals - sometimes I get fed up with plain water.

Think I am having a GREEN day ....
Breakfast - fruit and Glenisk Organic low fat yogurt (so worth the syns - far nicer than muller or ww yogs) 2 syns
Late Lunch - 2 ryvita HEB with some low low 1/2 HEA, baby toms and lettuce on top. Bowl spicy veg soup.
2 glass water.
Tea with semi skim (1/2 HEA) and a less than 70 cals bar HEB
Dinner - curried lentils & veg in 2 tbsp dopiaza sauce 3 syns.

And I can now squeeze myself into a primark skinny jeans size 16 ;-)

largerthanmost said:
Thanks for dropping by - I did quite a bit of reading about JUDDD today - wondering whether to switch. Or keep the SW parameters & JUDDD too - I don't want pizza, takeaways etc in my daily routine. Not been up for much else today - this cold/allergic rhinitus whatever the heck it is has me swamped (must of lost at least 1lb in snot today - eeeeuuurgh - tmi) - throat hurts, chest is tight and had sudafed, cetirizine, lemsip flu caps and salt water nose irrigation and nothing is helping much. Mind you the half slice of swiss roll I ate was never going to help - so why did I eat it?!? lol.
Supposed to be swimming in morning - hope feel better by then.

Oops you had a little blip with the Swiss roll but I bet it was scrummy! Yum yum! :)

Juddd is good but I'm not a great ambassador for it as I'm all over the place with my tummy (not sure if you've seen my diary but I suffer from IBS and am currently having a bad flare up) so have been unintentionally VLCDing!

Hope you feel better love xxxxx

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Full of virtuous lentils and tea am off to bed with a visualisation disc - gosh, what an exciting life I lead!

Back