A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

Hi everyone, my name is Michele and I'm from Runcorn in Cheshire, I'm 33yrs old, married and have 3 step children 2boys & 1girl, eldest lives with me and his dad, I have one gorgeous furbaby, an English Bull Terrier named Cassie. I have around 8st to lose and I want/need to succeed this time, I'm making this the last time I rejoin so I have to do it, as me and hubby want to start a family of our own and I know the dangers of being obese brings with pregnancy!! I'm rejoining a local class tomorrow, tbh am looking forward to it as I think I'm a little fed up eating rubbish! Anyway look forward to having a nose about and getting the motivation from you guys :)

Thanks Michele x

Good luck Michelle :) you'll do great im sure !! Ps I live English bull terriers - gorgeous dogs :)

Hi all :)
I'm Helen (or Dory, depending on how ditsy I'm being! lol) 33, separated with a 6 yr old girl. I lost around 3 st with WW in 2010 but then I had some bad news at work at the end of 2010 combined with my husband telling me he thought we should divorce at xmas 2010 so during the first 6 mths of 2011 I put it all back on!! However the 2nd part of 2011 got a little better as I now have a fantastic bf who is happy with me as I am, its just a shame I'm not :( so I'm back on the diets from next monday (still too much temptation in the house atm!) and although I have way more to lose, ideally I'd like to re-lose that 3st by my brothers wedding in August and we'll see how it goes from there!

Good luck to everyone and hopefully see you all around somewhere :)

Hi all :)
I'm Helen (or Dory, depending on how ditsy I'm being! lol) 33, separated with a 6 yr old girl. I lost around 3 st with WW in 2010 but then I had some bad news at work at the end of 2010 combined with my husband telling me he thought we should divorce at xmas 2010 so during the first 6 mths of 2011 I put it all back on!! However the 2nd part of 2011 got a little better as I now have a fantastic bf who is happy with me as I am, its just a shame I'm not :( so I'm back on the diets from next monday (still too much temptation in the house atm!) and although I have way more to lose, ideally I'd like to re-lose that 3st by my brothers wedding in August and we'll see how it goes from there!

Good luck to everyone and hopefully see you all around somewhere :)
Hi Helen, Good luck,we will all be right there with you :)

Hi I'm Lindsey ans starting my new Slimming World class tomorrow. I want to lose 3 stone for the summer. I need LOTS of willpower and encouragement please!!! :))

Hello everybody, Im Natalie. Ive just started my low fat/cal diet today, ive got nearly 7 stone to lose though, after becoming a mum for the second time in may last year I managed to pile on over 3 stone, so this is the biggest ive been in 8 years. Im engaged to married but wont set a date until im near my target weight, which wont be anytime soon lol. 2012 is gonna be my year :) good luck everybody!!

Hello again!

Hello all! I joined last year but fell off the dieting wagon when I attempted to give up smoking in October. Am pleased to report I did manage to kick the habit but collected an extra 7lb in weight in the process :(
My mum is getting married in September and I am to be maid of honour so it is time to get my butt in gear and lose the weight, so I have joined WW again! I have also resolved to get more exercise this year, so have joined a gym that is right next to my place of work, no excuses!

Just wanted to say thanks for the welcome and hi to everyone :) good luck on your prospective diets and hopefully we'll all be dead skinny come next Xmas :D

Hi I'm Kerry I turned 30 recently & think it's about time I kicked my ass into gear! I've been on slimming world before & lost over a stone but then went on holiday & couldn't get back into the swing of things :(
Me & my hubby really want to start a family soon but having PCOS & being so overweight is making things a lot harder & getting me down :(
Im really hoping to loose a good chunk of weight by my birthday in September, I'm feeling very motivated & hopeful that this time I can do it!! (So sick of eating crap)
Good luck to everyone who is starting there journey!! :)

Hello all, I'm new.

I've been loosely following this website from afar for the last 12 months.

Without taking it too seriously, I'm delighted that I managed to lose just under 2st in 2011.

This year, I'm going all out to lose another 2st. It's going to be tough, but I'm hoping by having a look to see how all you wonderful people are doing it, then I'll stay strong instead of throwing in the towel when the dark nights draw in!

Hi. I am a returning member to minimins and i am hoping to lose 2 - 3 stone by August as i'm going on a cruise. I am hoping to get lots of inspiration from all the other members on the website. I am trying the slimfast option for now and see how it go's.

Booboo89 said:
Hi Kerry

This sounds so similar to me! I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, and it really does get you down.
I'm aiming to lose 7stone this year, and get back to myself! I wish you and Hubby well, and will keep checking on your progress.

And remember, PCOS only lessers your family chances, it doesn't stop them all together :) Stay positive! x

Thank you!! I am also hoping to lose 7st but at minute I'm aiming for 5st
I really do try staying positive but my consultant at hospital is horrible he won't even discuss anything with me until I lose weight :( but I'm so determined though to do it more than ever this year :)
Wishing you all the best & good luck!! Xx :)

Hi everyone I just joined this is my first post :)
site looks great for motivation as this is exactly what I need hearing success stories and other people's journeys really helps. Any way I am joining weight watchers in the morning (started the diet today tho) Not looking forward to that first weight in but has to be done ha I have about 2 stone to loose as I have gone crazy the last while eating takeaways and junk food :(
My menu today was:
Breakfast:
2 egg omelette with onions and mushrooms (low calorie spray) tea with low fat milk and splenda
Lunch:
Small brown roll with low fat butter, Small tin tuna in sunflower oil with salad
Dinner:
Chili con carne weight watchers recipe with basmati rice. Yummy
Snacks:
Grapes and orange

Have to say was very satisfied and look forward to seeing results.
Best of luck to everyone who is also starting out :)

hello everyone

hi everyone, iv just joined up this is my first post. im 23 and i lost 2.5 stone on weightwatchers i went from 188lbs (13st 6lbs) to 154lbs (11st), i have recently put 10lbs on over the past few weeks and i can really feel it, i feel disgusting so im desperate to get it off, and more would definitly be a bonus!
since ww changed to the propoints system i starting struggling with it and finding myself feeling starving so i have decided to give slimfast a whirl. its my first day and im suprised how easy it feels, i havent felt hungry all day. hopefully this will work 4 me x

Just joined this forum and am hoping for some inspiration to stick to a good nutritious low calorie diet, actually a lifetime change in eating habits and exercise habits. I hope the members of this group can give me encouragement to become healthier and more attractive by losing weight (55 pounds!) and exercising more.

Hiya, im louise im new to this site to,i just join ww yesterday.im 14 st 6lbs never been that heavy in my life but never been slim also, but i want to be and this year will be my year, 2012 bring it on!!.

Chucked out all the junk food left from xmas and i was a pig, goin shopping today get all the healthy stuff in and get crackin.good luck everyone and look forward to chatting to you all.thanks

Hello I am a new member today, with a huge amount of weight to lose:sigh: Still got to start some where i suppose. I am not sure yet how to work this site, tried to create a weight loss ticker thingy but seems I have failed miserably!! Oh well keep trying!

Hiya all,
I'm Kelly,29 yrs old,5"2 and weigh 11 stone 12 lbs.
In May 2011 I weighed my heaviest at 14 stone 6 lbs.I joined lipotrim and made it down to 10 stone 12 lbs.I stopped lipotrim in Sep 2011 and have acquired a stone.I'm not prepared to put all my weight back on,so I returned to lipotrim yesterday.
I found this site by accident but it's totally what I need,as I struggle to believe that I can ever make it down to 9 stone and so far I've found soooo much encouragement and I'm already feeling stronger.

Best of luck to everyone for their weight loss in 2012 :)

Back