A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

Hi everyone, I'm Jo and iv just joined the site :) I'm starting the CD tomorrow so fingers crossed it will work for me. Xx

Hi all, I'm Lisa and an under-active thyroid sufferer. I've gained a lot of weight since diagnosis; I did need to gain some but now it has gone too far and I am really struggling. I have finally plucked up the courage to join WW, I'm tired of fighting this battle alone. I have planned to start meetings after my holiday (just over a week away) and I have set myself a short term weight loss for now but will obviously discuss this in more detail then. I don't want to be as slim as I was before (and ill) but I want to take it in stages to a long term goal weight hopefully maintaining and having a bit more control as well as health. My first school reunion is in July and I want to be able to wear something a lot nicer than I did for the leaving do :)

My best friend's wedding is in June 2013 and I'm a bridesmaid, so possible date for my overall weight-loss x

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Catherine. I've just started Slimming World and stumbled across this forum. Decided to register for moral support. Have already found some great tips and advice, looking forward to finding more. Have tried WW in the past and gave up after a few weeks. This time I'm determined though as I'm fed up being fat, it's holding me back so much at the minute :cry:Going for my first weigh in on Tuesday since starting and looking forward to it.

Hello to all, i am only recently a member and im not very good at knowing how to post or get talking to anyone. I have joined slimming world almost 3 weeks ago and 1st week i lost 5lb and 2nd i gained and im dreading my 3rd meeting :confused: i have not being eating junk food and ive beinb eatin super free foods with my meals and snacking on super speed foods but with no avail. Can anyone please advise me?:wave_cry:

Hi to everyone. I am a L Member lol as in L for Leaner member I am crap at using sites. I have join slimming world also almost 3 weeks ago and not doing very well. 1st week i done well lost 5lb but went wrong sumwhere in the 2nd week but i dont know where i ate no junk food ate plenty of veg and fruit and still gained weight :cry: and on my 3rd week and my weight is not dropping and i cant understand why sorry if this is the wrong place to put this :confused:

Good luck all! This is my second week of WW and I have lost 7lbs in total. Really need to keep this up as I still have a really long way to go! :D

Hi all,

I'm Laura i joined a few days ago, just stumbled on this part of the forum, still finding my way around! I have lots to loose so i'm starting with slim & save in the hope of being a more "normal" weight by the time i hit my 30's in 11 weeks, big night out planned! May change to something less restrictive after that but then i'm not sure i could cope with loosing it slowly as the big losses keep me motivated and i've a long way to go!!

Hi everyone. I started on Slimming World 10 weeks ago. My start weight was 12st 9lbs and I am now 11st 12.5lbs. I am aiming for 11st at the moment.

Hello.
I've only just joined this site today. I am following Slimming World's plan. With a toddler and a newborn I don't have funds or time just yet to go to group (done SW before though) so I am hoping this site will keep me motivated and on track! Lots to lose but breastfeeding so accept I must lose slowly. Lets hope I lose at all!!! :)

Hi All,

I'm very new to this sort of thing, dont feel like I know what I'm doing but will pick it up as I go along. I joined yesterday, on Slimming World 1 week and lost 4 lbs. I think the site looks great and I could really do with the support.

Thanks x

Hi , i joined the site today , a little about myself well I am nearly 17stone and 5ft so really need to lose weight . I have been overweight all my life, I am 62 and have dieted all my life from the age of 11. I have lost the weight several times over the years but always put it back on . I really need to get it off now as my health isnt the best . I have arthritis and have had my knees replaced and one of my hips , all my joints are affected with arthritis . I also have thyroid which doesnt help with my weight .
I am not able to exercise at the moment as i only had the last knee replaced at christmas but i intend to get fit again with your help i hope . wish me luck xx:)

Hi all, My name is Toni, I joined SW 18/04/12 and starting weight was 15st 9lb. 1st week I lost 3lb, then last week was 1.5lb. Had a stroke last March, and now find things difficult to get my head around, but I think I am getting used to the SW way now, just about!! Looking forward to getting to know you all, and sharing your journeys with you. xxx

Hiya everyone! I've been a member and 'lurker' here for a while, picking up some fantastic tips and advice along the way, so thought it was about time to lurk no more and actually introduce myself! My name is Estelle, and I'm 40 years old. Just rejoined Slimming World last week (was a group member about 10 years ago, then an online member a year ago). The first time I joined I lost about a stone altogether, then about half a stone when I did it online....but then completely fell off the wagon and lost motivation (probably due to my rather serious addiction to drinking Irn Bru, lol!)

Thought it was time to take the bull by the horns and rejoin an actual group, to try and keep up the motivation. I have to say that I'm sooo glad I did, as everyone there seems so friendly, and I'm taking to the Extra Easy plan like a duck to water!

Looking forward to getting to know people on here, you all seem a very helpful and friendly bunch! :)

Estelle xx

hi im similar to you 58 done every diet under the sun so i need to do this just joined ww online i am 15st and have bad knees i hope you have a good week x

Well, for i have just had a sunday lunch, followed by a big bowl of fresh fruit and natural fat free yogurt.... doesn't taste the same as chocolate pudding and custard!! Althought that kind of thinking could have been what got me into this mess in the first place!! :) Hope all us newbies are having a successful Sunday! x:)

Hello all, started last year and lost 4 stone on Lipotrim, but put it all back on!! Started again and rejoining this site. We all need support and although my other halfd is fabulous I dont think he really understands how hard it is!! Am going to try to set up a ticker now, wish me luck.....

Back