A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

Hello all

Thought I would introduce myself, My name is nina im 25 and a mummy to 2 under 5's Came across this forum a few days ago and to be honest I have never used forums so this is my first post in one :eek: I started slimming world the end of March 2012 so all this is new to me, well I hope I can find my way around and if someone replies to any of my posts I find them easy lol

Hi All

Finally thought i'd join after spending time browsing the site for useful WW information. Started WW again in January and have had steady progress. Hoping that posting on here will give me the added incentive as I do the diet online. I've just turned 40 and need to lose weight and get fit, started a womens only gym last week where you do a 30 minutes session. Feel good doing that as it fits in with the busy lifestyle.

Hi everyone, I have started on my SW journey today and decided to join up here as a place to to share and gain. I've managed to lose 2 and 1/2 stone myself, but now find it incredibly hard to stay on track. Ive seen and heard so many good things about SW that I have to give it a go. Ideally I want to get another 3 stone off in total to bring my right into the middle of a healthy BMI. Looking forward to seeing this through and learning from you all.

Hi! My name is Jo and I'm 32. I did WW back 2003 and lost 3st, I've used it every time since then whenever I've needed to lose a few lbs. I tried WW new Pro-Points but it really didn't work at all for me or my OH, so we've switched back to WW Vintage/Discovery - luckily I kept all my old books ;) I'm loving these forums so far, lots of great resources and friendly posters.

Hi, just joined this site today, really hoping to get some motivation and inspiration, trying to follow SW but struggling. Im almost 35 and have spent the last 15 years yo-yo dieting, really want to lose weight once and for all and get on witj the rest of my life!! Not very good at these type of sites so hope im posting in the right place etc!

Hi, I joined today after reading so many success stories and I hope to have my own in a few months :) ... I have been a yo-yo dieter for about 10 years and this year I want to be thin! I am 21 in august and want a birthday where I feel nice and can be confident! I have lost some weight but want to lose another 2 stone for summer ... could I manage that?? I am hoping to lose around 20 in 10 weeks as I am going on holiday. Just hope I can do it, I don't get time to do much exercise :( but I am on a 1000 calorie day diet has anyone else lost by cutting counting their calories? any advice will be appreciated thanks :) xx

Hi this is my first ever time on Cambridge I've just completed day 2 I'm trying to stay positive but the reality to no food is setting in I'm needing to loose about 3 stone and my heart is dead set on doing it so fingers crossed I can x

Amanda x

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself - I only joined this site today (although I've seen it mentioned before, especially the before/after pictures thread) I'm 36 years old mammy of 3, baby is nearly a year old and slowly over the last few years I went up few sizes. I'm currently UK size 16 (between 14-16 but more to the upper side really) and used to be 10 before babies. Would love to go back to 12 and get toned, but my main motivation is to get healthy and enjoy my time in the park chasing my little ones.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Won't be following a specific diet but rather try get healtier approach to food and get some excercise - off to see if there is a space on these boards for members like me :)

Hello All
My names Stacey im 26 and i'm from Essex. I put on a lot of weight after having a horrible pregnacy with my daughter who will be seven this year. I dieted and lost put on double and done the same thing a number of times from. cambridge diet twice and lighter life, weight watchers. They were all good in their own ways and helped alot but i suffer with depression and anxiety frequently and used this as an excuse to eat. I no why i eat i no what i should and shouldn.t eat i have no excuses and im not about to make any. Well this year i tipped the scales at my heaviest and it was time to sort my life out since new year i have lost 40lb but still have another 49lb to go. I have slowed and start a fresh tomorrow i have started riding my bike 3 times a week for an hour round the island and i am due to have a vibro plate arrive tuesday (dead excited) i go to Disney land for 4 days at the end of the month and although i intend to behave i will allow myself to indulge some and im good with that, then i have two months to loose as much as i can. I basically come on here for some support because no one around me knows what im going though and how depressing it really is. Good luck to you all, do say hello i don't bite :) xx

Hi hun
Im new here to *HI*. Just reading a few posts and sounds like your in the same boat as me with loosing a big chunk and now the rest to get off. Good luck i'll keep an eye out to see how your doing :) Stacey x

Hi everyone I joined today as I have used the site as a non member, but find the site very helpful. I'm on a slimming world journey since march 2012! The last few weeks have been Gains of 2lb a week as I struggled to stick with it! Got a lil bored wanted to eat what I liked!! Weighed today and had last binge and want All the support I can get to get slim this year! ;) a size 12 wud be fab! Im size uk 16! It's gotta go xx

Hello all, been reading this web forum for a couple of weeks now. I have lost a stone on celebrity slim (put half a stone back on due to giving up smoking :cry:) and have finally taken the plunge to sign up!

I have started the Cambridge sole source today and so far so good, 1 shake down and due my next one for lunch!!

I am getting married in 4 months 15 days and want to lose at least 2 and a half stone!! (hopefully by the middle of august as dress will arrive in the shop eeek!!) does anyone think this is possible?

I am 5 foot 6 inches and weigh 14 stone 2.5lbs any advise would be a godsend!!

hello i too am new to this i changed last night to ww, from sw and its going to take some getting used to, i have already had a quick peek at some diaries because i need to plan properly and need some guidance and advice on managing the pro points :)

I'm NEW I started yesterday this new journey and as off today I'm 3.4 lbs lighter which is amazing, but still in need of advice to create a 7 days meal menu.

Hi all, new here..... Stumbled across the site when looking up tips on SW on the internet. It seemed really useful so thought I would sign up.
I only started SW on monday (14.05.12) and so far so good! Have managed to resist fish and chips TWICE yesterday! The smell was sooo good but thankfully I was full up on pasta salad! I am hoping to lose 2 stone so fingers crossed! :)

Hi. I've only just joined up & i'm trying to follow the WWPP diet n hoping 4 a little help & support & maybe even a few pointers.
I'm 28 & had my first child in Dec 2010 & even though i was the same weight 1week after, I have put on 2st since.
I started my diet on May 8th & lost 3lbs in the first week & hope this continues until i've dropped my goal of 3st.
Anyone else doing WWProPoints?
X

Last edited:
hello :)

Hi, I have been following Slimming World(going to group). Two weeks ago I hit my goal weight(set in teh middle of a healthy BMI), but I am thinming I would like to loose about another 10 lbs! However, if I maintain, I will still be thrilled. I am happy to be fitting into most of my pre pregnancy clothing!!If anyone has any of the USA Slimming World healthy extras and branded syns, of they could pass them on, i would be greatful! Rachel xx

Hi I am starting cambridge sole source tomorrow have 4 stone to loose yes it is possible to lose loads of weight just have to stick with it and no cheating which is hard, good luck the best thing about this diet is you see results really quick ....

Hi Everyone!
I'm Karen and this is my first post:) I'm a 51 year old with a 20 year old daughter and 9 year old son. I've been struggling to lost weight because of a thyroid condition which is hopefully now under control. I am looking to lose a stone and a half just so that I can fit into my clothes again. I vowed not to go up yet another size! I'm looking at the slimming world diet but unfortunately I'm not a good good and will probably be sticking to the convenience type foods like quorn..but I'm struggling to think what kind of foods I can eat for a packed lunch for work....I'll try and get my head around that and of course all the syn values. Not sure how many syns I'm entitled to each day...I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 11 stone....any help would be appreciated. Thank you:)

Hiya everyone how u all doing ? Today is day 12 for me feeling realy positive the hunger has gone I just find it hard when making food for the family, am getting very proud of myself though we went on A picnic on the weekend and I resisted all
!!! I'm hoping for a big loss this week to
reward me only 2 days left ??

Back