A welcome to all our new members in 2012!

re5pectred said:
Hi Everyone!
I'm Karen and this is my first post:) I'm a 51 year old with a 20 year old daughter and 9 year old son. I've been struggling to lost weight because of a thyroid condition which is hopefully now under control. I am looking to lose a stone and a half just so that I can fit into my clothes again. I vowed not to go up yet another size! I'm looking at the slimming world diet but unfortunately I'm not a good good and will probably be sticking to the convenience type foods like quorn..but I'm struggling to think what kind of foods I can eat for a packed lunch for work....I'll try and get my head around that and of course all the syn values. Not sure how many syns I'm entitled to each day...I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 11 stone....any help would be appreciated. Thank you:)

Hi Karen,

Good luck with SW. Everyone can have around 10 syns, they say between 5 and 15. I found things like savoury rice handy for taking to work,if your doing Green or Extra Easy. It's really interesting reading what other people are eating to get ideas. Hope your having a good week

Chantel x

amandaw2409 said:
Hiya everyone how u all doing ? Today is day 12 for me feeling realy positive the hunger has gone I just find it hard when making food for the family, am getting very proud of myself though we went on A picnic on the weekend and I resisted all
!!! I'm hoping for a big loss this week to
reward me only 2 days left ??

Well done Amanda, keep up the good work, I'm sure it's going to be worth it!

Chantel x

Hey folks!!

My name's Aily, I'm 28 and have been having a wee look around the site for the past week (sorry for being a Peeping Tom!) and made the decision to make a big change. You all seem so lovely and motivated and I take great inspiration from all of your accomplishments

I've started Slim & Save and so far - a whole 2 days in - I'm loving it. I've got a LOT to lose but I'm going to use you all as a shining example to make me change things for good. Just wanted to say hello and hope you're all enjoying the beautiful sunshine :D

Aily xxx

It all begins tomorrow!

Hi, I'm new to CD and I start tomorrow! Reading all ure posts is really getting me motivated! Need to lose 4stone and I know it's going to be tough so will need all the support I can get! Wish me luck and good luck to u all

Hello, I'm new also. Just hoping to be kept on the straight and narrow a little better (I'm sure I've no will power whatsoever) by joining this community :)

Hiya all :),
Im jo im 28 and i never post on forums usually but i figured we're all in the same weight loss boat for whatever reason's and any extra suport i can get, or give can't be a bad thing right? :D
Im married, and the hubby and i are trying to start a family but we ran into difficulties and turns out i need ivf, to get ivf i need to shift some weight, ive tried diets before but with no real incentive, to start with the best intentions but soon that take away is just to hard to resist then its a fast slippery slope back into old bad habits with me!

So ive joined Slimming World started in August, at 20st12lbs and im down to 19st i did get to 18st7lb but i quit smoking and fell off my diet wagon, it was worth it as ive more energy to exercise which should help loads.

Anyhooo i could ramble on forever, my hubby would agree to that lol good luck all in your diets and speak soon :D

Hi everyone!

The diet (Slimming World) begins today (again!). I've recently had a baby, not that I can blame him for my weight as I only put on half a stone while pregnant with him, then lost 2 1/2 stone within 3 weeks of having him (pregnancy is my best ever diet) but have put on 11lb in the few months since and need to get that and my original fat off before people start asking if I'm pregnant again! I want to be the active mum I never was with my 10 year old daughter and be able to run around with my baby when he's a bit older, go swimming with my daughter without using her as a human shield so no one can see me (wishful thinking) in my swimming costume and feel better about myself for the first time in years!

Wish me luck!

Hi all, just a quick hello as I realised I just started replying to threads without a hello to everyone :).

Hi.

I have been a luker on these forums for a while and decided I had just as well join in properly. I started Slimming World February 16th this year and so far (in 14 weigh ins i think i have had now) i have lost 3stone 8lbs still a long way to go but making progress and starting to feel better in myself and about myself.

Great to see there are others needing/wanting to loose as much as me! A big hello to everyone!

Hello! I'm Michelle, I'm 40 (how did THAT happen?!) and have recently jumped ship from WW to SW. ProPoints just doesn't work well with me; I need a more restrictive approach to snacking on crisps and chocolate, so Syns are ideal.

British but living in Germany, married (in Denmark) to an American and do most of my food shopping on base. Signed up to SW US for a number of reasons, mainly that we are moving to Florida later in the year. As for the name, I love cats - crazy about them, in fact - and we have five of them: two Norwegian Forest cats (male), one black female shorthair called Wanda, who is on her last legs, bless her, one tabby and white crotchety Wiener kitty called Mitzi who is sixteen and we adopted two years ago after her owner died, and Kit, tortoiseshell and white and built like a beachball with feet, despite my best efforts to curtail her food. Love them all to bits.

Looking forward to getting to know people!

Welcome Michelle:welcome2:

You might like to pop into pets corner and meet other cat lovers there, just click on the link and it will take you there Pets Corner

Good luck with SW:)

Hi Everyone!
I'm Karen and this is my first post:) I'm a 51 year old with a 20 year old daughter and 9 year old son. I've been struggling to lost weight because of a thyroid condition which is hopefully now under control. I am looking to lose a stone and a half just so that I can fit into my clothes again. I vowed not to go up yet another size! I'm looking at the slimming world diet but unfortunately I'm not a good good and will probably be sticking to the convenience type foods like quorn..but I'm struggling to think what kind of foods I can eat for a packed lunch for work....I'll try and get my head around that and of course all the syn values. Not sure how many syns I'm entitled to each day...I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 11 stone....any help would be appreciated. Thank you:)

Welcome Karen :welcome2:

Have a look in the SW recipe forums you will find loads of ideas... Here's the link Slimming World Recipes

Hiya everyone how u all doing ? Today is day 12 for me feeling realy positive the hunger has gone I just find it hard when making food for the family, am getting very proud of myself though we went on A picnic on the weekend and I resisted all
!!! I'm hoping for a big loss this week to
reward me only 2 days left ??

Welcome Amandaw:welcome2:

Well done for staying so positive! I hope you have had a good loss?

Hey folks!!

My name's Aily, I'm 28 and have been having a wee look around the site for the past week (sorry for being a Peeping Tom!) and made the decision to make a big change. You all seem so lovely and motivated and I take great inspiration from all of your accomplishments

I've started Slim & Save and so far - a whole 2 days in - I'm loving it. I've got a LOT to lose but I'm going to use you all as a shining example to make me change things for good. Just wanted to say hello and hope you're all enjoying the beautiful sunshine :D

Aily xxx

Welcome Aily :welcome2:and best of luck with Slim & Save!

This weather is gorgeous:character00238:

Hi, I'm new to CD and I start tomorrow! Reading all ure posts is really getting me motivated! Need to lose 4stone and I know it's going to be tough so will need all the support I can get! Wish me luck and good luck to u all 

Welcome LillyEssex:welcome2:

Good luck with CD! I have just started on it myself:)

Hello, I'm new also. Just hoping to be kept on the straight and narrow a little better (I'm sure I've no will power whatsoever) by joining this community :)

Welcome Doctor-Watson:welcome2:

I have read that will power is like a muscle the more you use it the stronger it gets...Good to have you with us, if you need any help please ask:)

Hiya all :),
Im jo im 28 and i never post on forums usually but i figured we're all in the same weight loss boat for whatever reason's and any extra suport i can get, or give can't be a bad thing right? :D
Im married, and the hubby and i are trying to start a family but we ran into difficulties and turns out i need ivf, to get ivf i need to shift some weight, ive tried diets before but with no real incentive, to start with the best intentions but soon that take away is just to hard to resist then its a fast slippery slope back into old bad habits with me!

So ive joined Slimming World started in August, at 20st12lbs and im down to 19st i did get to 18st7lb but i quit smoking and fell off my diet wagon, it was worth it as ive more energy to exercise which should help loads.

Anyhooo i could ramble on forever, my hubby would agree to that lol good luck all in your diets and speak soon :D

Welcome jo:welcome2:

We have a TTC forum, you might like to join but you will need to do 20 posts before you can gain access as the member there wanted to keep it a little bit private for obvious reasons. Here is the link http://www.minimins.com/trying-conceive/

You will get the hang of posting and if you need any help please ask:)

Congratulations on quitting smoking, it is one of the best things you can do for your health:happy096:

Good luck with SW and starting your family!

Hi everyone!

The diet (Slimming World) begins today (again!). I've recently had a baby, not that I can blame him for my weight as I only put on half a stone while pregnant with him, then lost 2 1/2 stone within 3 weeks of having him (pregnancy is my best ever diet) but have put on 11lb in the few months since and need to get that and my original fat off before people start asking if I'm pregnant again! I want to be the active mum I never was with my 10 year old daughter and be able to run around with my baby when he's a bit older, go swimming with my daughter without using her as a human shield so no one can see me (wishful thinking) in my swimming costume and feel better about myself for the first time in years!

Wish me luck!

Welcome ShrinkingMum:welcome2:

Congratulations on the the birth of your new son:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Well done on the weight you have lost:happy096: Hopefully it will not be too long before you are at your goal weight. Good luck with SW.

If you need any help be sure to ask:)

Hi.

I have been a luker on these forums for a while and decided I had just as well join in properly. I started Slimming World February 16th this year and so far (in 14 weigh ins i think i have had now) i have lost 3stone 8lbs still a long way to go but making progress and starting to feel better in myself and about myself.

Great to see there are others needing/wanting to loose as much as me! A big hello to everyone!

Welcome Lissarria:welcome2:

Well done on losing 3st 8lbs:happy096: Brilliant weight loss, obviously SW suits you:)

Delighted you have decided to join in, best of luck with the rest of your SW journey!

Hi everyone,
Ive just signed upto CD today so im looking forward to starting, nervous also. Im 27 and have a 4 year old little boy and a fantastic fiance of 6 years. Im sick of my weight going up rather than down and all the "fat" comments i get! So wish me luck lol x

Hey all, I signed up to SW 2 weeks ago and will have my next weigh-in this Thursday - am loving the diet (although it's a bit difficult with the Jubilee BBQs etc but am being very strict!)

Hi Laura Jayne,
I'm new to the forum too and I'm also starting the CD (Thursday, eek!) You said you have a fiance, are you getting married soon? That's my motivation, to wear the perfect wedding dress! And also lose the 'fat comments' lol

Good luck!! :) love Laura xx

Hey LuvLaura,
I've just had my first packet..Banana Milkshake and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was, so I'm hoping the rest of my packets are of similar feeling lol yes, October 2013 is my wedding date ? i want to look and feel amazing on the day and for once have people stare at me for good reasons lol
You will look fantastic on your wedding day LauraLuv and you'll be able to feel proud of yourself for all the right reasons ? i wish you all the best for Thursday, I'm sure you be fine.

Good luck ? love Laura Jayne x

Thanks!!
Its good to hear the shakes don't taste bad!!! I know what you mean, all my bridesmaids are twigs and there's no way I want everyone to stare at me as the fat bride! But, we're doing something about it so I'm sure we will both do great!

You should keep in touch, keep ourselves motivated! :) xx

Hi everyone!:talk017::talk017:

I've just joined the forum after starting Slimming World in April, I'm 35 with a 15 year old son, and two cats. I'm 5ft2 and was 12.9st I've lost 7lb so far on SW! I aim to get back to a size 10.... which feels like a very long time ago.... SW has been brilliant so far, it's really improved my healthy eating, but I'm really missing my sugar, low syn biscuits/cake ideas anyone?

Welcome pipertypop:welcome2:

Well done on losing 7lbs:happy096:

If you would like to add a weight loss ticker to your signature just click on the link below and it will show you how.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you need any help please ask!

The link below will bring you over to the SW forum where you can say hello and introduce yourself there and have a good read of the stickies at the top of the main SW forum as they are very helpful.

Slimming World

Good luck on your SW journey:)

Back