A whole new world - my journey to become a mum and a healthy me!

Well done. Stay positive!

This may or may not resonate with you but the key to success is to try not to think in terms of ' days off plan and days on plan... '

It's taken me years to accept that and it's been the key to keeping the weight off for me. I was 15 stone 2 in 2011 and I've maintained at 9 stone ish for nearly two years now - although it's hard for me!

Three meals a day, moderate carbs, no stream of snacks and no alcohol ( if you can manage that) and the weight will drop off.

Best of luck

Sent from my C6903 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks GretaGrip....yes I can see what you are saying, makes sense! Well done on your great loss and maintenance, you are an inspiration xx

Stopping by to subscribe honey and well done on your weight loss so far x

Stopping by to subscribe honey and well done on your weight loss so far x
Nice to see you here scarlet, and thanks, that first stone off feels great, won't be long and you will be there too x

Another 1lb off this week , nowhere near as much as last week's 6lb off but it's still going in the right direction so I'm happy!! That's 15lb off in total so far since 24th March....onwards and downwards!!

Well done jemima, any loss is a good one x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Scarlet, hope you are doing ok xx

Feeling extra hungry this week due to time of the month (AAAGH!) but have been 100% on plan and doing lots of walks so really hope to have lost on Monday when I weigh in. I started at the end of March weighing over 23 stone and now here i am 7 weeks later looking forward to getting in to the 21's which feels great!!! Can't believe how quick it's gone and I'm only 2 1/2 pounds away so even if it takes 2 weeks i'll be there soon! My weigh losses have been all over the place so I'm not sure WHAT to expect anymore with amounts each week, last week despite being ill I managed to lose 6lb, this week I lost 1lb..it would be nice if I could lose a steady 2-3lb a week every week but we can't control how our body loses I guess and so long as I'm doing what I need to do and it's coming off it's ok! I've lost 15lb so far and will keep plodding along on my journey...onwards and downwards!

Well sadly getting in to the 21's eluded me this week.. I lost 1/2lb but had hoped for more, still every little helps!

Feel a bit fed up as last week I felt good, and did lots of walks (my calves were aching!!) but it was also my time of the month and I felt bloated and had a bit of a bad tum so I had a few days where I didn't feel like eating much superfree/free or have my HEX's or all my syns, don't know if this affected my loss but I know some weeks when I haven't eaten enough I have lost less, so won't do that again this week.

Life is a bit stressful at the moment as we are moving house AAAAAGH! looking forward to it but it's been a lot to deal with (private sale with no agent so I've been doing a lot of liason etc) will be glad when it's all over and we have moved to our lovely new home:)

I've worked out that in order to reach my first mini goal to lose 2 stone by 28th June I need to lose approx. 2lb a week every week until that week!! Wonder if I'm going to achieve this as my losses have been really slow the last 2 weeks, but hopefully they will speed up a bit again and I will get there which would be great!!!!

I am going to stick to EE for now but my losses from this week and last week (though I did have my period) seemed to have slowed down, so i'll see how I go this week but I really want things to speed up again (to 2lb a week!) so may consider swapping to green/red days for a bit to see if that makes a difference, or adding a few of these in to EE, not done this before so will look in to this idea depending how much I've lost next Monday. I've been doing SW for 7 weeks this week and have lost 1st 1 1/2lb which I'm so happy about as I really KNOW I'm GOING to get there slowly but SURELY. Would love to get in to the 21's next week, heres hoping...

I did it....I am now finally in the 21's!!:D HURRAY!!!! So happy to say that this week I managed a 3lb loss which means after weeks of it eluding me I am now out of the 22's and at last in to the 21's (just!), I was starting to think I was stuck so I'm really chuffed. This week I ate more free/superfree also period bloat gone.

This means that I now have to lose 9 1/2lbs in approx. 4 weeks to complete my first mini goal of 2 stone off by 28th June, hope this is doable? It would be SO GREAT if I could achieve this, I don't really like setting goals as it's added pressure but I'm being cruel to be kind as I think once I've cracked this first goal I will be really firing on all cylinders!...heres hoping!

What with moving house soon and a dog who has been ill things have been a bit stressful for me lately so this is a lovely boost!! Just off to join the 21 stone room now, YIPEE!!:)

Thanks Cazdav, i got there in the end!! xxx

Well done! You must be feeling really positive and hopeful.

What's the next target?

I'm obviously hard of reading as I've just spotted your next goal

I'm obviously hard of reading as I've just spotted your next goal

Hi Greta, Yes next goal is to lose 2 stone by 28th June....heres hoping! I don't really like setting goals but I think I does help to have something to aim for.

Feeling REALLY stressed now with the house move, and trying to sort out all the related moving house admin/new phone number etc etc, it's the final stages today and people just don't do what they say they are going to do, I'm having to do all the liason and chasing up as there are no agents involved and I'm the only one who seems capable, now our buyers could hold up the whole move and we've booked the removals and can't get one a week later AAAAAAAAGH!!!! The joke is that the people holding it up (our buyers) are the ones who have been pressuring us for weeks, and now the exchange is here their solicitor can't get his act together(crap company who are known for being incompetent unfortunately!) but they think he's great. Hopefully it will all be ok for the exchange tomorrow but at the moment my stress levels are through the roof and I can't face eating any lunch, I just want to gorge on a pot of chocolate phili(my guilty pleasure!)Feel like screaming:cry:Will be so glad when this is all over.

Unfortunately this week has been all over the place food wise because of the moving house stress/packing/organising/screaming!:eek: and I suspect next week will be to as it's the final packing/organising before we actually move on Friday. Some days I've been so busy/stressed that I've not stopped for lunch or couldn't face eating so not been 100% or eaten anywhere near enough free/superfree and I've had a few easy but high syn dinners cos I was knackered..oops!

I think I may give Mondays w.i. a miss, and do a fortnightly weigh so that I can wait until the Monday after next, that way I won't have any additional stress next week if I've gained a little or STS(moving house is stressfull enough!). I've not been really bad or anything but i just feel I've not been as focused as i normally am because of the move. I lost 3lb last week and got in to the 21's at last which felt great!! Hopefully when i next w.i i may have lost another pound or so but i don't feel confident of that at the moment, though i know i'll be feeling much better about it once we've moved next week and I'm able to totally focus on my food again. I feel guilty if I've not been 100% but I'm only human, and am proud to say that I've been 100% for the majority of the time.

I've been overweight for so many years that if i have to divert a couple of times during my journey and not lose that week or have a slight gain but then carry on (so long as i don't make a habit of it!)it's going to just add a few weeks on to my journey and the time it's take to reach my goal, and after so many years of being overweight I'm sure i can wait that tiny bit longer! The best thing is I haven't had a stress related binge, which the old me would have done ten times over by now!!:rolleyes: so i know something has changed, and i know I'm going to get there this time which feels great!:D

Its been a LONG time coming but the week we move house has finally arrived....Not doing my normal Monday weigh in today, made that decision a few days ago and even though there's a little guilty voice telling me to get on the scales I'm ignoring it as I know it will only end badly! Been so stressed with my house move/ill dog that I know I've not been as focussed as I normally am in the last week (feel guilty as I lost 3lb the week before and got in to the 21's) now I just need to get the move over and then re-focus on my goals.

I'll weigh in next week and see what the damage is, then start really going for it again! Still hope to get to my first mini goal, but this may be slightly delayed now? though not by much i hope. Despite the odd set back like this one overall as long as I'm still on plan and committed to my journey which i definitely am, then I'm happy as i KNOW without a doubt i WILL get to my destination, I'm proud of my weight loss so far and have no doubt i will keep going so i have lots to look forward to!:D

Dear diary, no internet so couldn't update until now...Well here we are nearly 2 weeks since my last entry, i've moved to my lovely new house....sadly I have to admit that I've been struggling food wise due to the moving stress and various other upsets, and the fact that the dogs been ill and that's been a huge worry for me and her coughing has been depriving me of sleep most nights since we moved, so I've been waking up hungry and exhausted. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and knackered at the moment. Everything will be ok but I know I've not lost anything in the last few weeks and may have gained :( I knew the move would upset things a bit, but what with the dog and a few other upsets in addition it's all been a bit much for me to cope with and I've not been doing what I should be for myself and my weight. So as we speak I'm still determined that I am going to carry on with my plan, I've just had a longer than planned diversion!!

I've had to do away with my first mini goal as I just didn't have the time to do that one(maybe I was a bit unrealistic with the timing of that anyway!)However once the weekend is over(having a housewarming BBQ), I will be back on it 100% from Monday and am determined to carry on until I get to my new first mini goal and then my destination to be a healthy me and hopefully become a mum.:D

Hey honey, moving house is high up there on the list of most stressful things you can do along with divorce and death of a loved one so it's no wonder dieting hasn't been your main focus.

Enjoy your barbecue and psych yourself up for Monday. You can do it and we're all here to support you along the way xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Scarlet, much appreciated. It makes such a huge difference to know that this forum with all the lovely people who understand what we are going through is there for us! I know i'll feel better once I'm totally back on track next week, it's just been a tough few weeks that I've got to put behind me! Great news that you are doing so well on W.W. looking forward to seeing you get those pound off for your wedding - how exciting!!xx

Back