A whole new world - my journey to become a mum and a healthy me!

Aaah thanks M.C. that's a really kind offer, unfortunately my comfort foods are things that can't really be adjusted like chocolate/sweets, cake/puddings, crisps/nuts, too much white bread toasted with butter, meat(with all the fat!) all the really high syn things that I just can't have. When I'm back in the zone I'm happy to have my chewy D bar and sugar free jelly to curb my sweet tooth, or i sometimes do quark with a packet of choc options stirred in which is nice, also I like pops crisps and the French fries which are low syn but it's just not the same as all the really naughty things!! BUT I know when all is said an done that I have to do this, and my health and future are far more important than the pleasure I get from these, so I just need to get on with again now and stop diverting as I'm only prolonging the misery for myself. I do need to be more creative like you, I get in a rut and eat a lot of the same things, do you know any nice easy recipies for something sweet but not sinful?? HA HA!!! My dog is doing ok a the moment, she has been running round with her ball, and even had a swim the other day..makes me happy that she is managing her condition well, still good days and bad but overall she's been really good in the last few weeks:D

Jemima have you heard of something called choc shot? I've seen it mentioned on various recipe pages but not used it myself. People use it in deserts to keep them low syn. Might be worth a look x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

berries, squirty cream (low fat one is 1/2 a syn for 2 tbsp I believe) and a crumbled meringue?

or SW cake. 4 large eggs, separate the yolks from the whites, whisk the whites until they form stiff peaks, then with the yolks mix in some sweetner and vanilla essence and 1/2 a tea spoon of baking powder (half a syn)
fold in the whites and then line a baking tray with baking paper, pour mix on and bake for 12 mins or until golden.
Leave to cool and then spread a small bit of squirty cream (can use quark and sweetner but I didn't like it like so. you may like it though) and mixed berries. Then roll up like a swiss roll.. And there you have it SW friendly swiss roll for 3 syns for the whole lot if you use 10 tbsp low fat squirty cream, or half a syn for all if you use quark. And it has super free, too!

Wow M.C. that sounds delicious and something I'd never though of doing(I must use my imagination with food more!!) Going to try it for sure, thanks:D xxx

Choc shot sounds nice too Scarlet, never heard of it but will look in to this for sure:) Hope you are feeling better now xx

I managed to lose 5 1/2lb this week:D Really chuffed. FINALLY back on track which feels great. Made myself do lots of exercise which really made a difference, so I must keep doing more to move my big bum!! Don't expect to lose that much again for a while but it feels good, would be happy with a few pounds a week now. Love to you all, hope your all doing good:) xx

Hi Jemima - popping in to subscribe! Read your first post and I think you have a fantastic reason to slim down and I hope it goes really well for you!!

Hi AmyDollBee, lovely to see you here, thanks for subbing xx

Brilliant Jemima well done! That's just the boost you've been needing, onwards and downwards from here honey have a great Monday xx

Thanks M.C. and Scarlet, I think it was just the boost I needed, I know next week I won't lose as much but I'd be so happy if I can lose 1-2lb a week from now on:D
Hope you are both doing well xxx

1-2 sounds achievable and even the small losses like 0.5-1lb add up over the weeks xx

Yep Scarlet, it ALL adds up so i'll take whatever I can get!! x

Snap! Just watched obese-a year to save my life have you seen it? There was a 29+ stone woman who lost over 8 stone in a year and competed in a triathlon. That could be us lol xx

Hi Jemima,

thought I would drop in and say hello as I have read yr posting and am glad to find someone on a similar weight loss journey as myself.

We will manage it. I have just signed up to lose 50 lbs by Christmas (eek). I just have to keep saying to myself "I can do this" and I hope it will keep me on track.

So keep yr chin up. This will work. I know from the last time, I went from 23 stn to 13 stn in 2 yrs!

Lx

Snap! Just watched obese-a year to save my life have you seen it? There was a 29+ stone woman who lost over 8 stone in a year and competed in a triathlon. That could be us lol xx

I'm game if you are!!!;)

If Jesse Pavelka asked me to do it there would be no stopping me that man is hot!! :p xx

Hi Jemima,

thought I would drop in and say hello as I have read yr posting and am glad to find someone on a similar weight loss journey as myself.

We will manage it. I have just signed up to lose 50 lbs by Christmas (eek). I just have to keep saying to myself "I can do this" and I hope it will keep me on track.

So keep yr chin up. This will work. I know from the last time, I went from 23 stn to 13 stn in 2 yrs!

Lx

Hi L,

Lovely to see you here, your taller like me and similar amount to lose...makes me feel I'm not an alien LOL! 50lbs by Christmas is a big challenge..good for you, you go girl!! You went from 23st to 13st in 2 years which is amazing, so you know you can do it and must be an expert...any tips;)? Do you have a diary I can follow also? xx

If Jesse Pavelka asked me to do it there would be no stopping me that man is hot!! :p xx

HA HA, it would have to be Alexander Skarsgard for me:p Mind you I don't think I could face him seeing me all red and sweaty lol!!! Good luck for W.I. lovely xxx

Ooh can I change my mind? Alexander is gorgeous! Do you watch True Blood? Will be leaving for weigh in soon, keep those fingers crossed xx

I love True Blood, especially the bits he's in:D!! Will keep fingers crossed for your W.I. xx

Back