A whole new world - my journey to become a mum and a healthy me!

Doesn't sound like you've had that good of a time. :(
Could your dog have kennel cough? It's really contagious with dogs so she could have easily picked it up somewhere and it doesn't sound hard to cure . :)

I hope that you enjoy your bbq! :D I want to have one soon. :) There's nothing nicer than cooking outside with loved ones around.

How's the new house?

Hi MC,
Lovely to see you here!! No not all plain sailing but i'll keep going until I get there:) The dog was diagnosed originally with Kennel C. back in December but now just due to the length of time it's gone on (on and off for 6 months) we got a second opinion and she has just been diagnosed with Megaesophagos which is basically a partially paralyzed esophagos, not great but at least we now know and can try and help her, we have to make adaptions to her food and the way she eats(must sit vertically), we'll do our best to help her, she's such a lovely dog. Love a BBQ too, and we can enjoy yummy meat and salads all we want! I love my new house, thanks, been here a couple of weeks and still loads to unpack..just ordered a new bathroom suite which I'm looking forward to as our current bathroom is very dated and the shower is more of a trickle than a shower LOL! xx

Oh dear poor girl. :( I hope that she'll still have a long and lovely life with you. :)
Does she have to have one of those dog high chairs, or do you hand feed her whilst she is sat? It must be quite hard. :(
Eep poor you with that shower! We were lucky when we moved as the previous people only fitted the bathroom in a few years ago (although badly.. haha)
We moved in here end of feb and we're still not completely unpacked.. I blame that on us still decorating and stuff. The spare room is nearly done though and then I can put all my books in there. :D (Or in the attic.)
I bet you're really excited waiting for your new bathroom. :D I'm happy to hear that you love your new house. :)

Thanks MC we really hope so, she is 13 but is still so full of life xx We are making her a feeding chair as she will need to sit vertically in order for gravity to help the paralyzed bit push the food down in to her stomach, will probably start to hand feed her small meatball sized bits of food - still trying to get our heads round it at the moment :eek: really hoping it will work and help stop her coughing attacks. It takes so long to get sorted after a move doesn't it, glad your getting there..yes I am really looking forward to my new bathroom, especially the shower!!

Not doing great at the moment, what with just moving house and the dog being ill(had to go to emergency vet again today :() I'm still struggling with my food. Fed up as I was doing so well. However despite all the bad stuff life is throwing my way at the moment I know I will not give up on this and am determined to get back to where I was very soon!:D I'm In it for the long haul, so I WILL get to my goal, it's just a bit difficult at the moment, but that won't last!

So I'm finally facing up to the situation...Confession time...I've not been 100% on plan for a good few weeks now due to the stress of the house move and very ill dog which sadly has all triggered emotional eating:( I've not been dreadful but not been following the plan as I should be - and I know that, and it made me feel terrible!! Now this week come what may I'm facing up to things and getting back on my journey after a longer than planned diversion! I've not weighed in properly for a few weeks as I couldn't face it, but forced myself to weigh in today and discovered that in about 4 weeks or so I've gained 4 3/4lb, to be honest I thought it might be more :eek: so actually even though I'm disappointed in myself I'm relieved it's not worse. I know things are different this time though, because I knew in my heart I'd be back to it 100% it was just a matter of time, I've NO intention of not doing this, and feel commited to losing the weight no matter what, the old me was not so determined. Now I just want to really concentrate on getting back in to the 21's, then the 20's (which I should be working towards now:rolleyes:). I know i'll get there. Feels good to be facing things and getting back on track after a really tough few weeks, and I hope by next week i'll be losing again:)

How is the dog now? Is she coping with her change of eating ways?

Don't worry about gaining a few over the past few ways. Think about it this way, you're still in the minus! :)

Hope that life will start to look better for you soon. Big hugs! xxx

The biggest hurdle is facing the scales and getting back on plan. You've had a hard time and we all slip now and then. We're all here to support you and cheer you on. How is the dog and how's the new house? X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Melon Collie and Scarlet,

Nice to see you here. Yep it's always best to face up to things, I managed to lose 1/2 lb this week so hopefully I'm back on track and going in the right direction again:) My dog is doing ok 'touch wood', she has good days and bad days still but we have to accept that, she still loves life and seems happy most days, she manages her food ok (brings a bit up now and then) but overall not too bad at the mo, we just have to enjoy her while we can cos we know things could change at any time.

MelonCollie..Thanks for the hugs, very much appreciated xx Hopefully things will settle down soon, I wish I wasn't an emotional eater, makes life much harder but i guess we can't change who we are..just how we deal with things. Hope you are still doing well and enjoying your lovely food?

Scarlet.. I'm loving my new house thanks, still lots to do but we're just going to enjoy the rest of the summer now, have just finished re-decorating the lounge (well almost, I've got some doors to gloss:rolleyes:) and just taken delivery of some gorgeous new sofas so have a big smile on my face this morning:D Are you doing ok? how are the wedding plans coming on? so exciting!!

Thanks for being there, means a lot xx

Boo to glossing! I hate that bit too. You sound really happy so the stress must be nearly done with now. Amen to that! What colours have you decorated in?

Wedding plans coming along ok, photographer is booked, venue booked, dress at my mums so Dai can't peek, venue decorator booked, ordering save the dates, day and evening invites this weekend. I'm quite organised and no bridezilla moments. Yet....lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds like you're back on track. I agree emotional eating is horrible. I do it, too.
Glad to hear that everything is going well though :)

Boo to glossing! I hate that bit too. You sound really happy so the stress must be nearly done with now. Amen to that! What colours have you decorated in?

Wedding plans coming along ok, photographer is booked, venue booked, dress at my mums so Dai can't peek, venue decorator booked, ordering save the dates, day and evening invites this weekend. I'm quite organised and no bridezilla moments. Yet....lol xx

Will be glad when the last bit of glossing is done for sure! I've gone for a nice calming vintage grey/white, quite shabby chic and goes lovely with my new sofas:D

Sounds like your super organised with the wedding..... like me when I was planning mine, I had mood boards the lot!! It's part of the wedding that I really enjoyed and was almost sad when the planning was over. What is your colour scheme (or is it top secret?!). I picked mine early on then in one of my wedding mags (I brought loads for inspiration) I spotted a colour I absolutely loved so totally changed my mind and used that instead, glad I did cos I loved it!!! xx

Sounds like you're back on track. I agree emotional eating is horrible. I do it, too.
Glad to hear that everything is going well though :)

Thanks MelonCollie...I hope I can improve things more, but I know I'm feeling better than I was about everything so that's good. x

Ooh sounds lovely, you've got an eye for colour. I did that with my colours too! My original colours were Tiffany blue and silver but then I came across mint and coral in a mag and had to change to those. Good job I did because a friend of mine just got married and pinched the Tiffany blue!!

I'm enjoying the planning so much it will be worth all the effort on the day xx

Sounds good Scarlet, I bet it will all look stunning, glad you didn't end up with the same as your friend, it's nice to be original and your new colours sound lovely! Enjoy the planning xxx

Hey hunny,
Glad you're back on track and things seem to be going well for you again. Must be horrible going through all those problems with the dog and your home move too, stress just isn't good for dieting! Hopefully now you're all nice and settled in your new place things will get a bit easier again. SW is the easiest thing in the world when you're in 'the zone', but sometimes getting to that place is so bloody tough! I'm struggling myself atm with celebrations throwing me off track so I know how hard it can be.

Hopefully we'll both have a great week and get shifting some more pounds! I'm sick of STS now but its my own fault, lol xxx

Aaaah thanks Bev, I feel a bit better this week and am really going to try and concentrate on this now for rest of the year (I think I've had one too many diversions and stress related bad weeks!), as you say once your in the zone it feels so easy, and that is what I need to get totally back to. Got to keep plodding on again and seeing how well you and others who have lost loads are doing always helps, your a flipping inspiration!! Hope you have a great week xx

S.T.S this week, have been ok food wise, but due to the heat didn't do much exercise:rolleyes: hopefully i'll lose next week. Feel better that I'm more in control again now, just need to fine-tune things and make myself do some more exercise even when it's sweltering hot! Onwards and downwards....

Dear Diary.. I am re-charging my efforts this week and getting back to business as I've not lost again, and I know why - still eating some of the wrong foods. I now really recognise that I've been my own worst enemy since the house move/ill dog as I've allowed the stress of that to become an excuse for a full blown diversion when I should have kept it under control(the old food addict in me came out to rear it's ugly head and I've been really struggling to get it back under control). Now I've really taken stock and realised that I am getting nowhere fast at the moment, when I had been doing so well. So the time has definitely come to get on with it 100% whether I feel like it or not. The good thing is that i know that once I'm back in the zone i'll be fine, the hardest bit is getting back there. Giving up is not an option for me, so no matter how long it takes I am determined to do this, but don't want it to take forever - so must stop diverting of course, as I'm only prolonging my own misery! Determined that i'll have a loss to report next week and be back in the zone, onwards and downwards and keep smiling:D

What are your comfort foods? You could look up SW ways for making them? Or I could help you adjust recipes? :) (Parents are chefs! Quite useful haha.)
How's the dog doing now? :)

Back