A whole new world - my journey to become a mum and a healthy me!

Thanks for that MC, much appreciated xx I have managed a small loss of 1lb this week, so have lit up the first bauble on my weight loss xmas tree countdown!
Re-focused now as I HAVE to get on with this if I've a any hope of being healthy enough for a family next year. I know I can do it, and am determined to go for it now, I've got a clear run now until Christmas so am going to try for a few pounds a week, but even a pound every week helps...onwards and downwards!

Thanks MC, and yes a pound off a week would all go towards the bigger picture, hopefully when I get back in my stride I'll manage a bit more than that most weeks but every little helps!

It all adds up just keep plodding along and those pounds will become stones :) xx

They will Scarlet, thanks xxx Hope your doing well:)

Another week is here already here and confession time... I've gained nearly 4 pounds this week through comfort eating...been really awful food wise in the last few weeks because of all the upset of losing the dog, managed to lose a pound last week but now it's well and truly caught up with me and I'm feeling vile, really fat and uncomfortable and miserable. But have now given myself a really good talking to and I'm determined to get back to plan this week, or it's just never going to happen:sigh:

Really want to lose some pounds this week to get me back on the wave and light up some more baubles on my xmas tree! I've just changed my mini/ultimate goals a bit (to take in to account my diversions:mad:) so that the time scales are achievable again, which I feel they are. It feels so hard at the moment but I know that once I'm back in total control it will be so much easier and i'll feel much better physically and mentally again once I get back in to the 21's and then FINALLY work towards the teens, now that's something to really look forward to!! :)

Aww Jemima I'm so sorry you're finding it so hard. No words of wisdom from me I'm afraid as I've been finding it equally tough but we just have to keep plugging along and taking each day as it comes don't we? Well done on resetting your goals, I think that's a positive step and will make things less daunting. There's a few of us struggling at the moment so don't feel as if it's just you xxx

Thanks Scarlet, lovely words much appreciated as always xx We can and WILL do this, and then we'll be so proud of ourselves can look back at all of this with a big smile on our faces knowing we'll never have to deal with it again:D

That's the plan my lovely and we will get there. If it was easy to lose the weight nobody would ever be overweight would they? Posting and owning up to having a bad week is a positive in itself I think, gone are the days when we would just pretend it hadn't happened eh? xx

It's hard to face up to it when you get stuck, but pretending all is well makes it so much worse in the end, and coming on here is the only place I can own up as I do it from home, so having you and others who understand is so important cos I know you've all been there and we're all plodding along together, but so long as we keep on putting on foot in front of the other and doing our best over the bad times we'll come out in to the good times in the end:) the weight we want to be!

Bless you. :( Would it maybe be easier to just take some time off and mourn and not focus on the diet?
It can't be easy for you. Big hugs xx
Also have you thought of joining a group? Or trying a different diet that you may find easier to stick to?

Bless you. :( Would it maybe be easier to just take some time off and mourn and not focus on the diet?
It can't be easy for you. Big hugs xx
Also have you thought of joining a group? Or trying a different diet that you may find easier to stick to?

Thanks MC, In all honesty the trouble with me is that I'm a food addict and a terrible emotional eater and have been for most of my life. At times I really struggle with food and automatically want to turn to comfort food when something REALLY stressful or REALLY upsetting happens(and sadly this year I've had a lot of those situations). I joined a group years ago and to be honest i didn't really enjoy it, I may have been unlucky but I found this group was just a lot of gossiping and laughing over how naughty a lot of the group had been and how much weight they had put on so I didn't feel it was for me.

I can cope well with normal day to day stress and upset, I'm not a weak person but it's the really bad situations that I always manage to cope with BUT behind closed doors they turn my emotional eating head on AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!! Hopefully there won't be anymore of those for a long while, but who knows. I've have tried so hard to break this and even tried hypnotherapy but it's so deep rooted I can't seem to break it, so I have to accept it, though I do manage to resist rarely. With what has been happening in my life in the last few months I've really struggled not to eat the foods that make me feel happy (sadly all the foods that put on weight:mad:) but now that hopefully the worst is over I know I HAVE to get on with my journey because there will NEVER be a day when I want to wake up and not eat some of the wrong foods.

The thing is if I give myself more time off to mourn(which I'd love to do) I don't know when i'll ever feel ready to get on with it, so I'm trying to do it now and just hoping the strength will build up again until I'm totally back in control and feeling better. I know I can do it because over the years before I joined SW I was a lot heavier and actually over that time I have lost 6 stone from when I hit my heaviest (28st which disgusted and terrified me) just doing it myself with no help. I know SW is for me now though because once I'm back on the wave it feels easy(ish!) so I'm sticking with it and doing my best to carry on my journey, I've also re-adjusted my timescales which has helped because I know they are realistic. So onwards and hopefully downward...xxxx

It sounds like you need a *big hug* Jemima and to be kind to yourself. After all you've been through food would be the last thing on most people's minds, so it shows to me just how much you want to lose this weight. I think sometimes though all the pressure we put on ourselves to be perfect can actually be our downfall. Try taking each day as it comes and making baby steps. I always find personally with SW that if I've been off plan the first 4 days back 'on it' are really hard, but if I can make it through them it gets a whole lot easier, the cravings for bad food start to go and I get myself back in the zone where the healthy choices start becoming second nature again.

You've already lost loads of weigh so you know how to do this, it's just the mental part of getting yourself into that place where food isn't something you turn to when you're upset. When you're grieving its second nature to turn to comfort where you always have, the hardest part is overriding that conditioning and saying 'no' by trying to deal with it in a more positive way, but that takes time and a LOT of work. I know you're going to do it though hun, the fact you are here on Mini's when you're having an awfully hard time of it just shows how committed you are. Take a day at a time and things will get easier and you'll be back losing in no time. All the best lovely and take care of yourself xxx

Aaaah thanks Bev, all that you say makes sense, you have knack of saying exactly the right thing and your words are always much appreciated. I'm determined to do this and you saying the fact that I'm still on here and still thinking about weight loss during the tough times must mean I really want to lose weight really struck a cord, cos I realise that despite all that has gone on since I started this journey to lose my last big chunk of weight(and sadly the last few months or so have been quite tough)I am still focused on doing this, so despite my 'diversions' that means I really am committed so I WILL get there.

Hopefully I will be back losing in no time as you say, seeing how amazing you have done really gives me a boost to get on with it!! Can't wait to get in to the teens it would mean the world to me at the moment, i'll keep putting one foot in front of the other and i'll get there eventually cos I won't give up, so thanks so much for your words of wisdom, means a lot coming from you as you really are a huge inspiration and looking so stunning. So glad you are enjoying uni, must be knackering for you as your life seems so full so make sure you take time out to relax as well my lovely xxx

2lb off this week so going in the right direction:) Looking forward to lighting up more baubles on my tree as we count down to xmas!

Woop woop go on jemima! 2lb is fab. How are you feeling this week? A little brighter I hope but it will take time I know xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Scarlet, Not feeling great still, but i'll get there:) nice to have lost this week, hope your doing ok xx

Hi jemima, glad to read you are doing ok. Onward and upward!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks B.Bird, glad your doing well, we'll get therexx

Back