A WinkOfPink And A Target Food Diary_

Not the most pleasant of experiences. I've had a small filling done without anaesthetic too. Never again!!! Lol. At least it's all good now though and I can go alone now and not freak out :) It is really bizarre about your filling. Esp as you were willing to pay for it :confused:

Your food is really nice for today. I haven't made my own fried rice in ages! nice with some chopped up Quorn ham in too ;)

Really?:eek: I don't think I could have it done without anaesthetic! I've never been afraid of the dentist, but I do find the whole experience very odd lol.. especially when your not able to breathe properly and there's a nurse poking you with the air syringe/suction device haha!

Aww thank you! I love egg fried rice, always tastes better when you haven't had it for a while!;) Mmm ham would be lovely with it! My friend add's in chopped ham and pineapple, sounds lovely but i've never tried it… I don't like experimenting, for the fear of ruining it! Lol xx

SATURDAY 20TH OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
1/2 chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)
Cup of tea, splash skimmed milk(HxA)

LUNCH
1 Nimble wholemeal(2.5), 1tsp lemon curd(1)
2x orange's

DINNER
We always have a curry on saturday nights, tonight we had the SW chicken, spinach and potato curry. The potatoes taste like Bombay potatoes when marinated in the curry sauce, so good!:D

SW chicken, spinach and potato curry:
Onions, garlic, baby leaf spinach,
tomatoes, potatoes, chicken breast's,
hot curry powder & coriander.
Served with boiled rice and 100g
McCains 5% fat oven chips(2.5)
Syns total: 7 syns

Pineapple in fried rice?! :confused: Lol! At least my ham idea is what you'd get in proper Chinese fried rice lol.

Mmmmm curry for tea! Haven't had curry for a little while. And haven't made mushy pea curry in aaaaages! Have you had a nice weekend so far?

Honestly, ham and pineapple… i've just had to google it to make sure i'm not going insane:p and behold, i've found lots of recipes! Lol Fried Rice - Vegetarian Thai Fried Rice Recipe Although i'm still not sure i'd like to try it! Oooh I LOVE my curries!:D I've still not tried the mushy pea curry!! I love mushy pea's too, but I just can't imagine them in a curry. I've had a really nice weekend thanks hun, been out shopping for a new winter coat and my grandma's just got back from spending a month in France, so i've been round to welcome her home. How was your weekend?

SUNDAY 21ST OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oats(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)

LUNCH
Fruit salad pot

DINNER
Roast dinner:
Pork loin, SW roast potatoes, broccoli,
cauliflower, carrots and gravy(2)

Cadburys highlights hot choc(2)
Syns total: 5 syns

MONDAY 22ND OCT

BREAKFAST

LUNCH
Fruit salad pot
Apple

DINNER
I went round to my friends for tea tonight, she doesn't follow SW but most of her meals are based on SW recipes. She made a lovely homemade mince beef pie (not very SW friendly:rolleyes:…) but she accompanied it with some SW chips.

Homemade Mince beef pie using short
crust pastry mix(11.5 for my serving)
with SW chips.
Cup of tea, dash skimmed milk(HxA)
Syns total: 12.5 syns

I think the rice could be nice, but it does sound weird :p Pre-veggie my favourite pizza was ham and pineapple. Sometimes buy fake ham or pepporoni and pineapple if I'm naughty and have pizza. Tis what I'll be doing for my pizza party in Nov ;)
I never imagined I would like mushy pea curry, the idea is disgusting! But it works really well. My sister hates mushy peas and would never eat them as part of a meal, but she often begs me to make the curry. Worth a try and super cheap to make :D

I've had a nice weekend too. Spent Saturday in town with my Mum. Yesterday I went over to my friends house to look after their house and dog with another friend, I made us tea and we watched Dogma. And today my friends got home and we all had a lovely day together. A really nice weekend :D And I didn't go off plan or anything ;)

I think the rice could be nice, but it does sound weird :p Pre-veggie my favourite pizza was ham and pineapple. Sometimes buy fake ham or pepporoni and pineapple if I'm naughty and have pizza. Tis what I'll be doing for my pizza party in Nov ;)
I never imagined I would like mushy pea curry, the idea is disgusting! But it works really well. My sister hates mushy peas and would never eat them as part of a meal, but she often begs me to make the curry. Worth a try and super cheap to make :D

I've had a nice weekend too. Spent Saturday in town with my Mum. Yesterday I went over to my friends house to look after their house and dog with another friend, I made us tea and we watched Dogma. And today my friends got home and we all had a lovely day together. A really nice weekend :D And I didn't go off plan or anything ;)

I like egg fried rice…and I like pineapple… so I don't see why not:D. I meant to ask you if you've always been a vegetarian, when did you decide to become a veggie? Was it a slow process, like did you start by eliminating red meat etc, or was it a sudden decision? I noticed that you still eat fish, do you also eat salmon/shellfish? (sorry for all the questions i'm intrigued!) My family are all meat eaters, i'll eat it but I don't particularly enjoy red meat, if it wasn't for chicken I think I could quite happily go veggie.
A party… just for pizza!:eek: That sounds amazingggg! I really want to give the smash pizza a try, it looks so good! It does sound disgusting doesn't it! I read on a thread somewhere on here that it tastes like chip shop curry sauce, would you say the same? Or can you definitely tell it's mushy pea's?:p I'll just have to give it a go, i'm sure i'll love it *fingers crossed*

Aww it sounds like you had a lovely weekend hun, i'm glad one of us managed to stay on plan:rolleyes:… Lol, no I didn't do too bad - my friend doesn't follow SW but she's photocopied tons of my SW recipes, so I don't mind her cooking for me, she made a homemade mince beef pie (with slimming world chips) 11.5 syns for a small slice, but I suppose it could of been worse! Lol xx

TUESDAY 23RD OCT

BREAKFAST
I had a craving for cornflakes with warm milk this morning, mmm..:D
28g Kellogs cornflakes(5), skimmed milk(HxA)
Chopped banana

LUNCH
Strawberries, grapes & melon fruit pot

DINNER
Schwartz Slow Cookers Chicken provencal(1.5)
onions, tomatoes, red and yellow peppers,
served with baby new potatoes.

Cup of tea, skimmed milk(HxA)
Syns total: 6.5 syns

Last edited:
I stopped eating red meat when I was about 10, when the BSE thing was a major issue. And I just never went back to it. I ate fishies and birdies for a long time but stopped that last year. I did have some turkey over Christmas but that's the last time I ate any meat and the first time in about 12 months. I super miss chicken and keep craving it!! It's driving me nuts :p And I miss tuna too! Could NEVER be Vegan ;) You can ask as much as you like, I don't mind. I can't even really describe why I'm a veggie. I'm not particularly against eating meat, I just wish people were more aware of where their food comes from. I guess part of it is ethical, part of it is because of how I feel about animals, and part of it is I just don't eat meat *shrug*

The mushy pea curry is a bit like chip shop sauce. Nice and thick and lovely. Depends what curry sauce and spices you use :) I made some today!! I used paprika, garlic salt, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, Jalfrezi curry powder, and a 'bit' of Habanero Tabasco :D I've written on my diary what else I've chucked in. Worth a try! Some people blend it so you don't get the mushy pea texture, but I like it 'lumpy' :p

Not bad for a pie 11 syns! Have you seen how hideously syn-worthy the Quorn and Linda M pies are?! :faint2:

I stopped eating red meat when I was about 10, when the BSE thing was a major issue. And I just never went back to it. I ate fishies and birdies for a long time but stopped that last year. I did have some turkey over Christmas but that's the last time I ate any meat and the first time in about 12 months. I super miss chicken and keep craving it!! It's driving me nuts :p And I miss tuna too! Could NEVER be Vegan ;) You can ask as much as you like, I don't mind. I can't even really describe why I'm a veggie. I'm not particularly against eating meat, I just wish people were more aware of where their food comes from. I guess part of it is ethical, part of it is because of how I feel about animals, and part of it is I just don't eat meat *shrug*

The mushy pea curry is a bit like chip shop sauce. Nice and thick and lovely. Depends what curry sauce and spices you use :) I made some today!! I used paprika, garlic salt, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, Jalfrezi curry powder, and a 'bit' of Habanero Tabasco :D I've written on my diary what else I've chucked in. Worth a try! Some people blend it so you don't get the mushy pea texture, but I like it 'lumpy' :p

Not bad for a pie 11 syns! Have you seen how hideously syn-worthy the Quorn and Linda M pies are?! :faint2:

That's understandable, we completely went off meat when there was a large outbreak of Mad Cow's Disease in 2008, I remember being paranoid about eating infected meat lol!:eek: As you don't particularly have strong views against eating meat and your craving chicken/tuna, would you not consider reintroducing them back into your diet? Are your family also vegetarians? I think I remember reading on your diary that your sisters also a veggie?
I definitely agree with you about knowing where your food comes from. Everybody laughs at me because I love watching programmes like The Food Hospital, You are what you eat, Cook yourself thin, Secret eaters, The future of food.. and programmes about the health benefits of drinking cups of tea LOL! I have to say, the more you know, the less you'll eat (in many ways lol) It's for that same reason why i've not touched a Mcdonald's/KFC/Burger King etc for over 3 years lol, but there are some things I wish I didn't know, like what goes into my favourite chocolate bars… :cry:Haha!

I'll have to jump on this mushy pea curry bandwagon, and give it a go! I might make it apart of a meal, rather than as a curry, so I can try it first! Lol i'll have a look on your diary now for what you put in it:D.
I had to have a look at those Linda M pies, but boy I wish I didn't… 19-22 syns!! Her sausages are so low!:confused: Apparently theres a pie recipe using real puff pastry in this months SW magazine, for 5 syns a serving, I keep seeing the pies popping up all over Minimins and they do look really nice. xx

That's understandable, we completely went off meat when there was a large outbreak of Mad Cow's Disease in 2008, I remember being paranoid about eating infected meat lol!:eek: As you don't particularly have strong views against eating meat and your craving chicken/tuna, would you not consider reintroducing them back into your diet? Are your family also vegetarians? I think I remember reading on your diary that your sisters also a veggie?
I definitely agree with you about knowing where your food comes from. Everybody laughs at me because I love watching programmes like The Food Hospital, You are what you eat, Cook yourself thin, Secret eaters, The future of food.. and programmes about the health benefits of drinking cups of tea LOL! I have to say, the more you know, the less you'll eat (in many ways lol) It's for that same reason why i've not touched a Mcdonald's/KFC/Burger King etc for over 3 years lol, but there are some things I wish I didn't know, like what goes into my favourite chocolate bars… :cry:Haha!

I'll have to jump on this mushy pea curry bandwagon, and give it a go! I might make it apart of a meal, rather than as a curry, so I can try it first! Lol i'll have a look on your diary now for what you put in it:D.
I had to have a look at those Linda M pies, but boy I wish I didn't… 19-22 syns!! Her sausages are so low!:confused: Apparently theres a pie recipe using real puff pastry in this months SW magazine, for 5 syns a serving, I keep seeing the pies popping up all over Minimins and they do look really nice. xx

I don't have strong views about others eating meat ;) I'm perfectly happy with others eating meat. I just don't know how I feel about it for me. I'll probably have some turkey at Christmas, as long as it's an ethically sourced one. But otherwise, I dunno. I can't imagine actually eating fish or birds now :confused: It's complicated lol!

My Sister is a veggie and has been a 'proper' one much longer than me, even though I stopped eating red meat long before she did. Mum very rarely eats meat now. Mostly when she eats out, but sometimes she'll get some meat for her and the dogs ;)

Haha I watch stuff like that too. But I would love people to be more aware of where there meat and dairy products 'come from'. I watched a horrific video about KFC when I was still eating chicken. I cried a LOT! Would never, ever eat at KFC again, even if I did go back to white meat. On the other hand, chocolate is pure and awesome and has nothing horrible in it *ignorance is bliss*

Veggie pies are SO unhealthy aren't they?! Would be interesting to see the low syn pies in the SW magazine :D I haven't bought the mag in a while. xx

I don't have strong views about others eating meat ;) I'm perfectly happy with others eating meat. I just don't know how I feel about it for me. I'll probably have some turkey at Christmas, as long as it's an ethically sourced one. But otherwise, I dunno. I can't imagine actually eating fish or birds now :confused: It's complicated lol!

My Sister is a veggie and has been a 'proper' one much longer than me, even though I stopped eating red meat long before she did. Mum very rarely eats meat now. Mostly when she eats out, but sometimes she'll get some meat for her and the dogs ;)

Haha I watch stuff like that too. But I would love people to be more aware of where there meat and dairy products 'come from'. I watched a horrific video about KFC when I was still eating chicken. I cried a LOT! Would never, ever eat at KFC again, even if I did go back to white meat. On the other hand, chocolate is pure and awesome and has nothing horrible in it *ignorance is bliss*

Veggie pies are SO unhealthy aren't they?! Would be interesting to see the low syn pies in the SW magazine :D I haven't bought the mag in a while. xx

Ahhh I get you:D It is complicated, but I totally get what you mean now. I only ever have turkey at christmas. I absolutely love christmas, counting down the days, it's the only time of the year i'll eat whatever I want and WONT feel guilty about it!;) Haha.
Aww that's really nice then, at least you, your mum and sister can all enjoy the same meals. Your mum sounds just like mine there, my 2 dog's are so spoilt, they eat better than I do;).

I love all those programmes and strange tea facts… (I'm full of useless info lol) I did watch something recently about the growth hormones they inject into animals etc, but I had to turn it off… it would probably put me off all meat for life!:eek: Lol I was just the same about chocolate "Nooo, they OBVIOUSLY don't mean Dairy Milk….or Cadburys, Nestle, Mars…" Minstrels are my weakness! Hmmmm;)

I wonder if it's just the pastry? I would have thought the filling would be quite low in syns. Here's one I saw http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/291708-steak-mushroom-pie-real-puff-pastry.html I haven't bought the magazine in a while either, a lot of the recipes are repeated, I have an A4 folder full of SW recipes!! Lol xx

WEDNESDAY 24TH OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA),

LUNCH
Orange
Fruit salad pot

DINNER
3 WW wholemeal(HxB + 3.5), 1 poached
egg and baked beans.

SW rice pudding, made using water and
skimmed milk(HxA)
1tsp strawberry jam(1)
Syns total: 5.5 syns

I need to be much better behaved this Christmas. I had like 2 weeks off over Xmas and New Year and put 12lbs on :eek: Took me MONTHS to get rid! Can't do that this year because I need to fit in to my holiday clothes for Sweden. Coz if they don't fit I could well and truly die ;) So yeah, I plan to really, really try to only have Xmas eve, day, boxing day, new years eve, and NY day off. I know it seems like a lot, but will SW in between and try really, really hard.

Haha my doggies love their fruit & veg and they go mental for Quorn ham. Bloody weirdo's ;)

Pie looks good! I miss pies and pastries. Not something I ate a lot of, but would occasionally.

I need to be much better behaved this Christmas. I had like 2 weeks off over Xmas and New Year and put 12lbs on :eek: Took me MONTHS to get rid! Can't do that this year because I need to fit in to my holiday clothes for Sweden. Coz if they don't fit I could well and truly die ;) So yeah, I plan to really, really try to only have Xmas eve, day, boxing day, new years eve, and NY day off. I know it seems like a lot, but will SW in between and try really, really hard.

Haha my doggies love their fruit & veg and they go mental for Quorn ham. Bloody weirdo's ;)

Pie looks good! I miss pies and pastries. Not something I ate a lot of, but would occasionally.

Isn't it crazy how quickly you can gain weight, compared to loosing it?! Your going to hate me for this, but I somehow only gained 1/2 pound last year:confused:… even after having Christmas pudding, chocolate fudge cake AND trifle (just on Christmas day). To be honest, i'm not much of a snacker so I don't tend to keep picking at buffet's or boxes of quality street lol, but I definitely don't pass on cake! Mmmmm;). That's a good way to do it, SW in between, I also think if you have your normal breakfast and lunch, as you would on SW, then you could probably stray when it comes to dinner and dessert without doing too much damage.

Awww bless them:D, I wish my dog's liked fruit and veg, they are both mad on chicken! Spoilt rotten they are lol. xx

THURSDAY 25TH OCT

BREAKFAST
35g Porridge Oat's(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA)
1/2 chopped banana, 1tsp honey(1)

LUNCH
Bowl of chopped apple and strawberries.
Chocolate snack-a-jack(3)

DINNER
I made Pete's chilli con carne for dinner tonight http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book-25.html. I slightly adapted it by adding a red pepper and some "MILD" chilli powder (Yes i've learnt my lesson;))

Pete's chilli con carne:
Onions, garlic, carrot, red pepper,
red chilli, kidney beans, chopped
tomatoes etc. Served with boiled
rice.
Cup of tea, skimmed milk(HxA)
Syns total: 4 syns

Isn't it crazy how quickly you can gain weight, compared to loosing it?! Your going to hate me for this, but I somehow only gained 1/2 pound last year:confused:… even after having Christmas pudding, chocolate fudge cake AND trifle (just on Christmas day). To be honest, i'm not much of a snacker so I don't tend to keep picking at buffet's or boxes of quality street lol, but I definitely don't pass on cake! Mmmmm;). That's a good way to do it, SW in between, I also think if you have your normal breakfast and lunch, as you would on SW, then you could probably stray when it comes to dinner and dessert without doing too much damage.

Awww bless them:D, I wish my dog's liked fruit and veg, they are both mad on chicken! Spoilt rotten they are lol. xx

I gain weight super quickly! Put over half a stone on when I went to Tenerife for 10 days last year :confused: Ok, I did eat a lot. But we didn't sit still and I swam a lot. God knows what the damage would have been if I hadn't have been so active! It's scary how quickly it goes on and I lose sooooooo slowly! So yeah, I really must be better this year because I need my gear to all fit :) It's going to be so tough!

My dogs love their meat too. But they get a lot of fruit and veg and fake meat too :)

LOL at the mild chilli powder! Yup, lesson learned hahahahaha! I must remember the Habenaro Tabasco is so HOT!x

Aww, but a small gain is expected, you have to relax and treat yourself on holiday:D My weakness on holiday is the ice cream, it's EVERYWHERE!
I have a few relatives who follow SW, so i'm thinking of planning a few SW nibbles for the buffet, I was thinking the farrero rocher's, mince pies, mini quiches, scotch egg's etc. Having said that, after Christmas dinner i'm always so full, I don't even want to look at any more food lol!

I was taking no chances with the chilli powder;) I'm not one to stick to recipes, if they suggest 1tsp, i'll probably put in a couple of Tbsp's… I really need to try this Tabasco sauce (when i'm feeling brave obviously lol) xx

FRIDAY 27ND OCT

BREAKFAST

LUNCH
Snack plate of honeydew melon,
2 clementines and strawberries.

DINNER
BirdsEye southern chicken breast(4 syns
as only had half) with SW chips and
baked beans.

Cadburys highlights hot chocolate(2)
Syns total: 7 syns