A young mums battle to lose weight

Charlotte's Diary

Well let me introduce myself, I'm Charlotte, I'm 22 and from the North East of England. I have dieted since my teens, although I was never over weight. I weighed between 9-10 stone up until I was 17 (At 5'7 that's about average) but I have always had body issues. The weight started to pile on after leaving college and when I fell pregnant at 20 I was 11st 4. Fast forward until 13 months after my son was born and I am 13st 4.

This is the biggest I have ever been and hate my body at the moment. A few month after my son was born I lost 13lbs on Slimming World in 3 weeks so looking to try this again. I'm aiming to lose at least 2lb a week so will try my best.
My eating was out of hand due to no planning and bingeing when my son was in bed, bare with my through the journey.
Going food shopping tomorrow and planning on lots of lean chicken, pasta and eggs.

Charlotte's Diary

Well let me introduce myself, I'm Charlotte, I'm 22 and from the North East of England. I have dieted since my teens, although I was never over weight. I weighed between 9-10 stone up until I was 17 (At 5'7 that's about average) but I have always had body issues. The weight started to pile on after leaving college and when I fell pregnant at 20 I was 11st 4. Fast forward until 13 months after my son was born and I am 13st 4.

This is the biggest I have ever been and hate my body at the moment. A few month after my son was born I lost 13lbs on Slimming World in 3 weeks so looking to try this again. I'm aiming to lose at least 2lb a week so will try my best.
My eating was out of hand due to no planning and bingeing when my son was in bed, bare with my through the journey.
Going food shopping tomorrow and planning on lots of lean chicken, pasta and eggs.

Hi Charlotte, I've recently had a son too. It's tough with a little one so don't be too hard on yourself! You'll get there!

Hiya Charlotte this is my first week too, my first WI is tomorrow!

I've started menu planning and online food shopping which I've found stops my binges etc as I just don't buy it in or whilst walking around the shop thinking ooohhh that looks nice and throwing it in the trolley!

It keeps me in control and it's nice knowing what we are having each day and having all the things readily available for that dish, it also allies me to try new things also :0)

Good luck and have a pop into my diary if you like, I feel as though I'm talking to myself in there at the moment! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi. I am 24 a mummy to two boys and my starting weight was 13 stone 3 and a half pounds. I am 5 foot 7 like you. And felt so depressed about how my weight was creeping up. I used to put the kids to ved everynight then search the cupboards for junk. I started slimming world 10 weeks ago and have now lost 2 stone 5 pounds in that ten weeks. I feel so much better and my confidence has grown. Good luck with your journey and keep focused. You can do it. I wish you all the best. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the messages, I will be stalking your diaries soon. I didn't get a chance to go food shopping yet so been making do with whats in.

Breakfast today was a no go, was in a rush and had to get LO weighed so around 12pm I had a plain 4 egg omelette. For tea I had Grilled bacon, 2 slices of bread (not wholemeal but haven't had a chance to go shopping so made do), mushrooms and beans.

I will find it easier once I've got some nice food in, looking forward to making a big pan of carrot and lentil soup for snacks.

13/11/13-
Breakfast- Bacon Toastie (Grilled Bacon with no fat/rind), the bread was normal bread as I hadn't done a shop so had to make do.
Lunch- Roast chicken dinner(Syns were 1 Yorkshire pudding, Spoonful of stuffing and 100ml of Gravy) but was lots of fresh veg.
Supper- Home made leek and lentil soup (although this is plain, it is thick, synfree and filling)
14/11/13-
Breakfast- Banana, Handful of grapes and Ham toastie on wholemeal bread.
Dinner-
Bowl of Leek and Lentil soup (Syn free)
Supper-
4 Egg plain omlette^^ I know today isn't over with yet but this is what I'm having and I'm sticking to it, will be having a banana at some point also.

Last edited:
Hey you! Found your diary =) got around to shopping yet?!! I hate having to go every few days it's getting so expensive but is worth it!

Hey you! Found your diary =) got around to shopping yet?!! I hate having to go every few days it's getting so expensive but is worth it!
Yeah I went shopping wednesday morning, It's a pain every few days but its also nice having lots of fresh fruit and veg in.

Breakfast-
Ham toastie (Bread as HEXB), cup of coffee and banana

Dinner-
Nandos Butterfly Chicken (3 and a half syns)

Tea-
Tuna pasta (dry, no sauces etc so free)

Supper-
Ham omlette, cooked in Fry light with my milk allowance and no butter.

My aim for the next few days is preparing meals with Superfree foods and get some yummy tea to get rid of this bloated stomach!

Breakfast- Omlette and Banana
Dinner- Pasta n Sauce (Syn Free)
Tea- Pasta and chopped tomatoes
Snacks- 3 slices of ham.

Goal for tomorrow is to drink 3 pints of water. I'm drinking none atm so need to ease myself into it.

Back