A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Oh wow I just clicked on the Facebook symbol next to your name (ok not your real name but not sure what you would call it) anyway clicked as I didn't know why it was there and it took me to what I'm assuming is your Facebook profile and if it is we actually live in the same city/town (never sure lol). What are the chances!

Thats crazy! What are the chances! What a small world (and I just checked myself and it does take you to my FB page!)

I cant believe they tried to sell you a massive meringue with your height- thats terrible. I know they say to try what the sales assistant gives you as you never know what will suit your body type but I always try and remember that they are exactly that SALES assistants! They want the sales. And I bet wherever you posted the reply yesterday is giving someone a headache trying to figure out why you are chatting about wedding dresses!!

Reece is getting even more clingy- Im hoping its just a phase. He is cutting 2 more teeth so hoping its something to do with that. He hasnt really struggled with any of his teeth before these silly molars so thinking the pain might be a shock for him and he needs extra cuddles. And is lashing out a little- hitting, headbutting and pinching seem to be his things :( Need to nip this in the bud straight away!

Anyway, back to glorious food-
B: Half a banana (sharing with Reece again!) and some grapes.
L: 400g tin of tesco cheese ravioli (3.5syns and so not worth it!). Cheese sandwich - (60g wholemeal bread hexB and 5 x laughing cow light cheese triangles hexA). Satsuma.
D: Pilchards and pasta (pasta, pilchards, tinned tomatoes, peas, onion, topped with 25g reduced fat cheddar 4syns)

Snacks: Fat free yogurt, satsuma, banana, grapes.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 9.5syns

Regret wasting syns on that tinned ravioli- couldnt taste the cheese filling, the sauce was watery and smelled funny... And I checked the tin was in date!!

Lol I know with all the people on here!

Yep SALES is exactly right, this was £1000 more than the dress is drove an hour to try on. She said just try it on while we get the other one. My dad laughed when I came out. Ha ha I can imagine someone reading and wondering what I was talking about.

Oh yeah that is a hard time with the teeth. Remember mine being clingy then as well. I think the pinching and smacking etc is a stage all children go through. It's a nitemare getting beaten up by your own child!

Still under syns tho even with the yucky ravioli. I didn't know you could have 5 laughing cow light triangles. Yum. Going to have to get some of those tomorrow.

That is so awful! You drove all that way to try on a specific dress and surely they should guess your budget from the price of that particular dress!

I love having cheese triangles as I hate weighing things (although of course I do seems as it is an essential part of SW). Also nice that you get so many so you could always use some for a sandwich and some as a snack (if you are like me and love cheese!)

Todays food:
B: Half a banana (guess who had the other half!!)
L: 2 x wheetabix and 250ml skimmed milk (most of hexA and hexB) topped with banana. Satsuma. Tesco cheese curls (4.5syns)
D: Grilled chicken breast and roasted vegetable cous cous (butternut squash, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, courgette, onion and garlic)

Snacks: Melon. Fat free yogurt and frozen berries. Cherry tomatoes. Grapes.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk rest of hexA, also had one with a dash of semi-skimmed milk (went to a softplay and they only had semi-skimmed or whole milk) 0.5syn. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 5syns

I know then tried selling me what can only be described as a crown! Lol I'm so glad I have my own mind.

I bought some cheese triangles from sainsburys yesterday and keep thinking of yummy ways to eat them. I'm also cheese mad im missing cheese and cheddar or crackers so this might help.

Ha ha I nearly put (ate all If it Reece isn't sharing mine) when I said I had a banana but wasn't sure you would get my humour or just wonder if my son was called Reece as well (he isn't he is Brandon lol)

You have had some fab low syn days. Fingers crossed your toes get even skinnier this week!

LOL! I may have wondered if your son was called Reece (now that WOULD be even more odd with the small world!!) but I wouldve probably laughed as well :p
A crown?!?!? Definitely a good job you have your own mind! Sounds like that sales assistant wanted you to be a Princess Barbie!!

I, shamefully, sometimes use 2 cheese triangles on my hexB bread/ ryvita and then scoff the rest straight out the wrapper! And Ive also been known to eat half a block of cheese whilst cooking... But not anymore :(

Todays food:
B: Half a banana...
L: Alpen Light Bar (hexB). Melon and grapes.
D: Grilled chicken breast and salad with free dressing and 25g reduced fat cheddar (4syns).

Snacks: Fat free yogurt. Carrot batons. Banana.
Drinks: Costa iced vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and 2 pumps of syrup 2syns). Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 2syns). Water.
Syn Total - 8syns

Not a great day for eating, as had to to go see the registrar to give notification of marriage at lunchtime (what a load of poop! I know its for making sure we are not just being married to get citizenship but we are both British!). Also its been so hot that I just havent felt very hungry (although I was almost tempted by an ice cream van! Need to make some sugar free squash ice lollies!)

I eat them out the packet as well! I tried making some pasta with them last night but not so yummy.

Oh that was so stupid asking about what you're dad's names are etc.

I'm having a couple of hungry days but my sore throat is back so can't be bothered and the junk it tempting me. And now I want an ice cream!

Sorry to hear the pasta with cheese triangles didnt work out so well :( I was going to try one of the philidelphia recipes as you can have 75g of reduced fat/ light soft cheese as a hexA but Im so worried about wasting my cheese allowance on something yukky!
It was so stupid with the registrar! We went in with Reece and our bill was in both our names so I think it would be obvious we were not trying to be fraudulent! Also they asked hubby to be what my dads name was and he gave them my step-dads name instead of my biological dads name so that was embarassing!

Sorry to make you crave ice cream- have you tried freezing yogurts (like muller lights)?? Ive been told they cure that craving pretty well. Or mini milk ice lollies are only 1.5syns each! Love these!

*hangs head in shame* Gone a little over my syns today as we had chinese takeaway for dinner... But it was yummy and personally Im thinking chinese is the lowest syn of all the takeaways as its all pretty much free food apart from the oil used for cooking. I googled syns in chinese food loads and the syns Ive allocated are on pretty much every site Ive looked at (and the same as in my SW book) so Im going for them!!

B: Melon (Reece ate ALL my banana today!)
L: 2 x M&S sushi snack pack (0.5syn each so 1syn). Grapes.
D: Chinese takeaway- mushroom egg fried rice (6syns) and chicken chow mein (7syns).

Snacks: 3 x multigrain ryvita hexB topped with 4 x laughing cow light triangles (and one stuffed in my gob whilst preparing!) hexA and cherry tomatoes.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total: 16syns

So over but not catastophically over syns! Weigh in day tomorrow! So hoping for a loss of at least half a pound so I can reach my 1 stone!!

Lol my husband asked me what my dad did. He knew where he worked but not what he did and the registrar looked a bit odd at us!

16 syns with a takeaway is really good!

How did your weigh in go?

I am so upset :( So I went over my syns... I gained a pound :( I dont understand why- Ive been so good this week with my syns apart from that takeaway (although I did kinda stuff myself a little with it). The stupid one stone is taunting me :(

We went for a picnic in the sunshine today and I went with the intention of being good... And then I had cheese savoury snack things... And I ate at really random times because before that we went and looked around the mall...

Todays food:
B: Nothing...
L: Salad with free dressing. Fruit salad. Cheese savouries (6.5syns for 28g and I had around double that... So 13syns) 3 x mini cheddar snacks (the large ones at 1syn each so 3syns).
D: Nothing...

Snacks: Alpen Light bar (hexB). Melon. Peach. Mini Milk Ice Lolly (1.5syns)
Drinks: Sugar free orange squash. Coke zero cherry. Costa medium iced vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 2syns).
Syn Total - 19.5syns

So I had a relatively low food day but ate all rubbish!!

Last edited:
Aw what a shame you have been doing so well. Only thing I can think of was you weren't eating enough syns, I've heard people say you can not eat enough.

As for the cheese savouries I wouldn't worry just start again tomorrow. You can't let the diet stop you having fun in the sun with your little man because your worried you might eat something you maybe shouldn't!

If it makes you feel better I ate chip shop so was naughtier than you!

Just realised I had to edit my syns for today as I also had a mini milk!

I tried to be good and made my salad for the picnic but I guess with a gain (although it was small) it was easier to stray from plan a little.

I guess I did reduce my eating this week and your body holds onto fat if it thinks you are starving- I just wasnt fancying much, especially as its hot weather. And I dont want to make myself eat. I found I was using syns because I felt like I had too on some days...

Maybe your good behaviour will show next week and you will have a great lose!

Really not been enjoying the plan in this weather. I'm a huge ice cream fan and just want one everywhere I go. Muller light from the freezer just doesn't cut it for me

Boo at ice cream- not a lot of low syn options as a mr whippy without a flake is 9syns and 12 with a flake!
Soft scoop is 5 syns a 60g scoop or 4 for a 60g scoop of the low fat option... Have you tried the Skinny Cow ones? Im not sure of the syns but Ive heard they are reasonable compared to normal varieties.
And you cant beat a Fab for 4.5syns or mini milk for 1.5syns!

Tried to make some low syn, healthier choices today and was extra careful with ensuring Ive counted each and every syn! Feeling like a beached whale and almost like Im back to square one but determined to try and be good and hopefully see a result next weigh in!
Feels so odd to try and be positive! Im the most pesamistic person ever- maybe the stress of work was helping to keep the weight off!!

Todays food:
B: Half a satsuma and a (whole!) banana. Reece decided to eat my satsuma instead!!
L: Fat free yogurt and a large mango.
D: Grilled chicken breast burger (chicken breast with fat trimmed, lettuce, 60g wholemeal roll hexB, 4 tbsp lighter than light mayo @ 0.5syns each so 2syns), SW potato wedges, 3tbsp BBQ sauce 3syns and side salad with free dressing.

Snacks: Mini milk (1.5syns), sugar free orange squash ice lolly, half a beef burger (2syns - was weak and ate Reece's leftovers!), strawberries.
Drinks: 1 cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syns), Costa medium iced vanilla latte (skimmed milk hexA and 2 x syrup 2syns). Fizzy flavoured water.
Syn Total - 11syns

I've not had the skinny cow ones, will have to try. I like the clotted cream ice cream and I can't even begin to imagine the syns in that!!

I tend to find I don't pick at food as much when I'm at work as I'm busy and occupied. Maybe just try and stay busy?

I do pick at work because I have a boring desk job... But I dont eat big meals because I do such long days at work so that could be a reason behind my gain :( Still so downheartened about that!!

OMG I expect clotted cream ice cream is a million syns per spoonful! Must. Resist!!

Todays food:
B: Half a satsuma and some grapes.
L: 2 x chicken burgers (grilled chicken breast, wholemeal rolls - 1 x hexB and 1 x 6syns, 4tbsp Lighter than light Mayo - 2syns). Grilled tomatoes. Fruit salad (mango, melon, grapes and strawberries)
D: Pilchards and pasta (pasta, pilchards, tinned tomatoes, peas, onion, topped with 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA). Side salad (radish, spring onions, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes)

Snacks: Strawberries, fat free yogurt, teeny bit of cheese (it jumped into my mouth I swear!!) 1syn.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Sugar free squash. Coke zero cherry.
Syn Total - 11syns

Had a hungry day, hence the two burgers at lunch... But I made sure I had plenty of salads (fruit and vegetable!) so my third shouldve been accounted for!

Todays food:
B: Nothing...
L: Ham and salad roll (wholmeal roll hexB, 2tbsp reduced fat salad cream 2syns, ham, cucumber and lettuce). Mango.
D: Spanish style frittata (eggs, bell pepper, new potatoes, onion, 20g chorizo 2syns) with a side salad and free dressing.

Snacks: Banana, pickled gherkins, snack-a-jacks 4.5syns.
Drinks: Coke zero cherry. Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Lashings regular mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns). Water.
Syn Total - 13.5syns

High syn day but meh! Syns are there to be used!!

Hope you are feeling better Sugarrush.

Was so naughty and had a sneaky weigh this morning and I am 1.5lbs down so techically at this point in the week I have made it too my one stone!!
Just need to atleast maintain until official weigh in on Saturday!

Ironically Ive lost when Ive been eating syns... So Sugarrush- you were definitely right, it mustve affected my loss by not having them last week.

I've been hiding out in the naughty corner, been feeding the cold a bit too much! Agree clotted cream ice scream will be about a million syns but going to Devon in June and im going to eat the biggest on I can find!

Wow well done (naughty for sneaking a weigh in but we all do it!) I defiently think you should keep using your syns!!

LOL! Holidays can be definite flexi-syn time! And by flexi ofcourse I mean a million syns so you can enjoy that ice cream!! I just did a quick search and can only find the Kellys Cornish version with clotted cream and honeycomb coming in at 11syns per 100g... And [FONT=&amp]Waitrose Strawberry Clotted Ice Cream 1 scoop 2.5syns so maybe not as bad as we are thinking...

Went back to the doctors today and got signed off for another 2 weeks- and hes suggested councilling but not sure how I feel about that. Im too used to keeping everything to myself. I told my work and they were horrid about it- I could hear my manager huffing down the phone. Lovely behaviour!

Todays food:
B: Half a satsuma
L: Syn free mugshot, Alpen Light (old recipe hexB), a peach and a banana.
D: Homemade tuna fishcakes (tinned tuna, onion, mashed potato, spices and egg), filled potato skins (75g garlic philidelphia light hexA, 25g reduced fat cheddar 4syns, ham) and a side salad.

Snacks: Tesco cheese curls 4.5syns, Frozen berries, fat free yogurt.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns), flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 10.5syns

The loaded potato skins were cheese HEAVEN!! I couldve made them syn free by having half phili and half cheddar as the hexA but the extra cheese was so delish and melty! Worth the 4syns! Just need to buy more phili so I can make them again![/FONT]

Back