A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Having a stressful day today- need to find a nursery for Reece as my current childcare option (my mother!) is getting a job and will not be avaliable to look after him. I just cant believe how expensive childcare is these days for a 17/18 month old :( Plus its making me and OH bicker about finances :( Not good for possible stress eating!

Todays food:
B: Banana and half a satsuma.
L: "Oaty cookies" with a chocolatey twist (35g porridge oats hexB, 100g banana 5syns because its cooked, mini flake 4syns). Fruit salad (mango, strawberries, apple).
D: Homemade chicken and egg fried rice (chicken breast, rice, stir fry veg, egg and soy sauce)

Snacks: Carrot and celery batons, dairylea (mushed up to make a dip hexA and I added some chopped ham), frozen fruit and fat free yogurt.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns), coke zero cherry.
Syn Tota: 11syns

Yes those oaty cookies were a huge chunk of syns, especially with adding the chocolate flake, but they were so yummy and just what I needed. Not the best choice for a lunch either but I have no regrets LOL.

Think it sounds good you have been signed off. Your work doesn't sound like the best environment for you. Having worked in HR in the past I know someone being signed off can completely throw an office off but huffing at you will not help the situation and a little bit of understanding and maybe even a chat about how help you feel better about being at work may even of got you back sooner. Take your time to feel better within yourself and try not to feel feel pressured by those huffs. Child care is ridiculous and as I only work 8 hrs a week in my not cake job I would give it up if my mum couldn't have my youngest as due to our combined wages we wouldn't get any help from tax credits and wouldn't b worth it. I hope you sort it out soon. It is very stressful and argueing about money is the worst I think because there isn't much you can do about it. You either have it or you don't! Food looks good tho. Potato skins sound lovely but I don't know how to make them ill need to look up a receipe. And really need to make the banana oasis! Keep forgetting! I like that Kelly ice cream, maybe worth the 11 syns!

I try not to take any notice of my ideal weight because my lowest is about 8.3lb but when I didn't eat (long story, bad ex stopped eating lost too much weigh met hubby started eating and didn't stop!) I was 7 stone when I went to the Dr's once and was weighed and said my weight was fine but by the table I was over a stone under weight!

Weigh in is tomorrow- wish me luck!! If I lose and have used up the amount of syns I have this week then my body and metabolism are seriously screwed up!!

Workplaces are awful- Im going to be on a discilplinary because Ive had this much sick time when I go back so that doesnt help with the stress levels :( Im glad its not just us who suffer with childcare costs. If I didnt work we still wouldnt be entitled to anything as OH earns above the stupidly low threshhold, plus its good for Reece's development to go to nursery as he is an only child at the moment.
Ive found one I really like but they dont open until August (a new branch) and my mum might not be able to have him from the beginning of June, which is frustrating. Just need to hear from her and then decide what to do. Weve calculated we can manage it (with child tax credits giving us a very small bit of help) but it will be tight with saving for the wedding as well.

Anyways, back to the diet. Thanks for being a sounding board for me Sugarrush! I really appreciate your comments and knowing Im not alone.

Todays food:
B: Half a satsuma.
L: Fat free yogurt, Ryvita Minis hexB, strawberries and grapes.
D: Salmon fillet and Bachelors golden rice with peas and carrots.

Snacks: 3 x Cheddar biscuits (1syn each so 3syns), Tesco cheese curls 4.5syns, banana.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and 2 x syrup 2syns), cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns), flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 11.5syns

I had a crisp/ savoury thing hungry day today! I could demolish a whole pack of cheddars right now!!

Good luck! Hope you stand of those scales today and wonder where that tiny number has come from!

Wow that's awful, a disciplinary for sick leave! And you have been signed off as well. If I'm ever looking for a new job ill be checking with you it's not at your company 1st! Could you look at moving to a new company? I know it's easier said than done but always think it doesn't hurt to send a few CVs.

Oh what a shame with the time differance. I'm sure you would feel alot more comfortable putting him on your 1st choice. I hope you manage to sort It out. I agree it's good for them to mix with other childre and also think it's the the ones that have stayed one with mum that have problems when they 1st start school. Having said thay Tayla will be going to pre school for her 15 hours in September and im dreading it!

No problem! Sound away x

I love crisps and savoury things. I'm now working during if cheddar are suitable for breakfast.. !

Once the wedding is out of the way I am seriously thinking about looking for another job if I havent progressed- Ive been there for almost 6 years and although Ive done short periods of time helping out other departments I havent really progressed considering my experience. And I get over looked to do any project work.

Aww Im sure Tayla (lovely name BTW!) will be fine at preschool! It'll be you that has the nervous breakdown whilst she is happily off playing!!

Still so pleased with my loss! Definitely made up for the gain last week and crazy considering Ive had one of my highest syn weeks (without going way over my syns on a splurge day!) its just madness! Got a 3 year olds birthday party to go to tomorrow so I may cave and have some cake or party food and I doubt any of it is going to be SW friendly!!

Todays food:
B: Banana and a (whole!) satsuma - Reece decided to munch his way through and entire satsuma himself so I was able to have a whole one too!!
L: Cheese and marmite on toast (60g wholemeal bread hexB, marmite and 40g reduced cheddar cheese hexA). Apple. Satsuma. Fat free yogurt.
D: 2 x fish in butter sauce 4syns with veg (new potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans, sweetcorn)

Snacks: Ryvita Minis 4.5syns, grapes.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns), flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 10.5syns

Wow well done amazing loss. Keeping your syns around 10 seems to be better than the lower numbers for you!

Thank you i liker Taylor but wasn't sure if everyone would think she was a boy so when I seen it i liked it. Sure she will be fine just apprehensive mummy.

Oh yeah sounds like a new job would be good. You need to progress to have something to work towards and getting overlooked is no good for your self esteem or motivation.

Hope you had fun at the party and didn't go cake crazy and eat it all!!

Had another blow from work today- at the kiddie party there were a few girls I know from work and apparently my line manager has moved my desk so I am near noone I know or speak with despite him asking me a couple of months ago if I wanted to move and I declined because the girls I sit next too are both good friends on a similar part time shift pattern (actually two of the girls from the party!) Annoyed, frustrated and angry.

The party was really fun and Reece enjoyed himself! I started off good but then I caved... And nothing at childrens parties are going to be SW friendly...

Todays food:
B: Satsuma. Frozen berries and fat free yogurt.
L: Cheese and marmite on toast (60g wholemeal bread hexB, marmite and 40g reduced cheddar cheese hexA). Banana.
Syns on this section are an estimation!!
D: Ham roll (white bap 8syns, a smidge of butter 2syns, ham and lettuce), 2 cocktail sausages (1.5syns each so 3syns), 2 thin slices of quiche (I did at least remove the crust! 100g is 12syns and Id say each slice was approx 25g so 6syns), 1 small slice of birthday cake (with a smidge of buttercream but I removed the fondant icing! 4syns for the cake and 1 for the smidge of buttercream so 5syns), 5 popcorn chicken bites (they were cooked in the oven and not deep fried. They were small but 1syn each so 5syns) and approx 10 little voulevont type things... (they were very small so Im going to go for 1syn each and 10syns) And I had a handful each of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.
I just went crazy with the party food! Although I did try and do some things the SW way (like removing crust and fondant icing and having oven baked popcorn chicken!)

Snacks: Syn free mugshot.
Drinks: Sugar free cola, cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns).
Syn Total - Too many :( Approx 42

And to make things worse I have to go to a BBQ tomorrow! Im going to take some low syn sausages for me and try and resist the coleslaw and shop bought synful treats!

Oh how naughty of your manager. Could you speak to HR and say that you feel that your managers attitude is hindering your return to work? Or would that just make it more awkward for you? Sounds like they were in a piss you weren't there so did it on purpose which isn't very professional.

All the party food sound yummy lots of syns tho. Just try having a good week, you don't often go over 10 so think the 5 you save each day could be syns you ate at the party!

Yep- my manager is a douchebag! H2B is going to give in my sick note tomorrow so he is going to see if it was a permanent move (or if this other guy is just sitting there whilst Im off. Should be pretty obvious if my pictures of Reece are still up!) and if it is then I am going to call and speak to the manager above him and request to at least move teams.

Got that silly BBQ soon- going to Tesco and buy some lower syn sausages and Ive saved my hex's for a roll and some cheese...
I will be good for the rest of the week though- Ive even made some syn free butternut squash soup and tomato based pasta sauce to keep me going for lunches!!

Back from the BBQ and I didnt go completely crazy! I went over syns but resisted the crisps and burgers!

Todays food:
B: Satsuma and half a banana.
L: Nothing (the BBQ was at half 2 so kinda inbetween meals!)
D: "Hot dog" (regular sausage 4.5syns, wholemeal roll hexB and 1tbsp regular tomato sauce 1syn), chicken drumstick (with skin so 1.5syns), some reduced fat potato salad (average syns are working out at 3syns), giant couscous with feta (half hexA) and onions (allowing half tbsp for oil used to fry small amount of onions I ate so 3syns). Small portion of pavlova (approx 25g) with cream and berries 3.5syns.

Snacks: 1 x cheddar biscuit 1syn. Mugshot. Banana. Grapes. Satsuma.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and skimmed milk - other half HexA). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total: 17.5syns

NEED to be good for the rest of the week to even expect a STS on the weekend...

How did it go when h2b handed in the sick note, does it look permanent?

I think 17.5 and a barbecue is quite impressive well done. I sneak weighed this morning and lost 2 ounces so all tho I St's last week I had actually lost 2 ounces and the week before when I lost 5 lb it was actually 5 and 4 ounces so if I've still lost those 2 ounces then I'm saying it's half a pound tomorrow lol! What's the betting you loose loads again even with all the syns!

H2b didnt go into work today- the dreaded man flu so couldnt hand in my sick note.
I called in because today is when I was due back and I now have a home visit scheduled for Thursday which I am dreading. He'll expect me to be miserable but, as most mothers, I cant feel too depressed around my funny little toddler!
My manager mentioned that he'd overheard my friends discussing my desk move and told me that he has moved me but not into the space that I thought I was being moved too (which is tucked away into a corner). Still annoyed as it appears I am the only person who has been moved but it could be worse.

I definitely think you should count all those ounces! They make a difference after all. And I very much doubt I am going to have a loss this weekend- eating junk again for some reason. Its making me feel a little rubbish but I cant seem to stop. Plus Im stuffing myself with food. I think Im stress eating again because the work situation has escalated.

Todays food:
B: Satsuma.
L: Homemade SW friendly butternut squash soup, ryvita minis hexB, banana and satsuma.
D: Loaded potato skins (filled with philidelphia light half hexA, tinned tuna and the inside of the potatoes topped with reduced fat cheddar other half of hexA). Side salad with free dressing.

Snacks: 10(!!!!) x cheddar biscuit things (1syn each so 10syns), grapes.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 12syns

I think people think if someone is stressed or has depression or something they should be like it all the time but my mum suffers with depression and she is completely differant when she is with my 2, she says it's the only thing that cheers her up when she feels bad and it's the best medicine. Imagine it's the same for you and Reece. Try not to worry to much, it's not like you are pulling a sickie, you have a genuine reason for being off and the doctors note to prove it. Tell them how the desk move made you feel. Might not be as bad as you thought but still unfair of them.

12.5 syns is still within the limit! And 10 cheddar are so worth it! Love cheddar.

Exactly sugarrush! Youve summed it up perfectly- depression is a rollercoaster and people need to understand that. Just like people without it there are ups and downs- just happens the downs are A LOT more severe and hit A LOT harder :(
Reece is my little ray of sunshine- he can always make me smile!

Todays food:
B: Satsuma and grapes.
L: Pasta with homemade free tomato based sauce and 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA. Tesco value onion ring crisps 3.5syns. Banana. Half a satsuma (shared with Reece of course!)
D: 3 x Tesco light choices sausages (1syn each so 3syns). Roasted tomatoes and crushed potatoes. 1 tbsp reduced fat salad cream 1syn.

Snacks: Grapes. Ryvita minis hexB. Fat free yogurt.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Cup of "mocha" coffee (milk from 100ml, half sachet of options 1syn, coffee and sweetener). Coke zero cherry.
Syn Total - 10.5syns

Got an appointment to meet our wedding photographer tomorrow but wont be home until late so may be having a takeaway on the way home... Will try and make sure its a lower syn one but this week is not being very SW friendly for me :(

Aw it's nice to hear he is your ray of sunshine, worth loosing half your fruit for.

10.5 syns is good just think of it like you still had a 3rd of your syns left over. That sounds like a lot!

Hope your appointment with wedding photographer went well and you didn't feint at the cost. My friend couldn't believe the cost when she booked hers. Luckily my brother did mine. I have faith you will choose something sw friendly!

It doesn't sound like a lot when you say it like that! Normally I beat myself up about using 10 syns but thats a really positive spin on it!

I loved the photographer- she was lovely and her partner was as well (who will be a second photographer for part of the package). I was kinda preparing myself for the costs as Id already done loads of research but it is still a shock when you actually think about how much it will be. She was reasonable compared to some Ive seen that offer less.

And I didnt have a takeaway- we passed a Starbucks in a service station so I used my takeaway syns on a latte instead!! I have my priorities!!

Todays food:
B: Banana and half a satsuma.
L: Homemade SW friendly butternut squash soup. Cheese and marmite on toast (60g wholemeal bread hexB, marmite and 40g reduced cheddar cheese hexA). Banana.
D: Pasta with homemade free tomato based sauce.

Snacks: Cherry tomatoes and some grapes.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (approx 350ml skimmed milk 6.5syns, 2 pumps syrup 2syns). Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total - 10.5syns

Ive just realised I spent all my syns on drinks today... Oops!

Last edited:
Saw the florist today and was pleasantly surprised with the quote provided- Im not a huge flowers fan so we are not going over the top. Just bouquets for me and my three bridesmaids, buttonholes for the guys and dads and potted plant centrepieces.

Todays food:
B: Half a banana (had to eat and run!)
L: Cheese and marmite on toast (60g wholemeal bread hexB, marmite and 40g reduced cheddar cheese hexA). Fat free yogurt. Satsuma.
D: 3 x Tesco light choices sausages (1syn each so 3syns). Roasted tomatoes and crushed potatoes.

Snacks: Frozen berries and a fat free yogurt. Tesco onion ring crisps 3.5syns. Banana. 2 x Sugar free werthers originals 1syn.
Drinks: Cups of tea (sweetener and 100ml skimmed milk 2syns). Coke zero cherry. Water.
Syn Total - 9.5syns

Tomorrow is going to be a high syn day- going out with friends for a night on the town. Me and H2B are also starting early by having a nice meal out with just the two of us, seems as Reece will be with my mum overnight. The girls are going for cocktails but I am going to avoid them because of all the fruit juices and sugar syrups and will just stick to wine and soda water.
Just worried about the 2am cheesy chips cravings!!

Plus on Sunday we are having a family get together as my great aunt is in the UK (she lives in South Africa) so my aunt is making a big Sunday lunch... And it will not be SW friendly!! Just have to load up on the veggies first (as long as my aunt doesnt do them soggy like she used too- BLURGH!)

Back