A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

Ouch Rosie! Hope the party went well- I dread the thought of throwing Reece parties when he is older! Wish you were closer so I could give you a call!!

Today has been a lazy day- h2b sprained his ankle last night and we are both feeling a little delicate!! And tired! Very very tired!!

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: 50g salmon and dill philadelphia light part hexA on 60g WM toast hexB. Yogurt. Nectarine. Plum.
D: Spicy prawn and chorizo pasta (50g chorizo 3.5syns, onions, chilli, tinned tomatoes, prawns and pasta)

Snacks: Half a satsuma. Cooked turkey slices.
Drinks: Sugar free pink lemonade. Squash. Cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk part hexA). Pepsi max cherry.
Syn Total- 3.5syns

At least I had a low syn day to counteract some of yesterdays naughtiness! Expect I'll be ravenous tomorrow though once the slight hangover is completely gone!

Ha it wasn't so bad today, the kids were good and the hall didn't echo too much! Our franchise is expanding do maybe we will be close to you before long!
Hope you & h2b feel better tomorrow, poor him with the ankle!
Well done on keeping the syns low today, a little damage limitation :) hope you have a good WI! X

Sounds like you've had a good time! And food's looking good like normal. So jealous of your chips though, I could completely go for them right about now!

Hope your hangover will be gone tomo, and that H2B's ankle will be better :)

WI today and half a pound lost :)

Obviously all those glasses of wine and the cheesy chips didnt hinder me too much although wouldve probably been a better loss if I didnt fall of the wagon for one night!! Probably the lack of food during the week rather than good choices.

Going to have a cheat day on Friday as well- be one year since me and h2b got engaged so we are going to celebrate with a very naughty pizza hut takeaway, some wine and a movie :D Really looking forward to it!! Not just for nachos and cookie dough!!

Lazy day today. A little bit of housework but quite a lot of sitting on my backside...

Todays food-
L: Turkey and tomato sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, turkey, tomato, 1tbsp lighter than light mayo 0.5syn, 1tbsp nandos garlic peri peri sauce 0.5syn) Yogurt. Pops 4.5syns. Satsuma. Nectarine.
D: Chicken breast coated in schwartz seasoning. Cauliflower cheese (75g phili light hexA, onion, stock, cauliflower topped with 25g reduced fat cheddar 4syns)

Snacks: 4 x malteasers 2syns. Banana.
Drinks: 4 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 2syns) Pepsi max cherry.
Syn Total- 13.5syns

Your flexi syn day sounds amazing - I am flexi synning on friday as going to a work night out that includes a cocktail making session and a three course meal.

I love your idea of putting nando's sauce in a sandwich - will be pinching that :)

Work today- was horrid! My line manager is a complete douchebag. Ive sprained my thumb so I rang nhs 111 who said I should see my doctor to rule out ligament damage or it being broken (apparently you can still move and/or use your thumb even if it is broken). My doctors surgery do a drop in (with pre booking) in the evening so I booked into that. I told my line manager and he was so awful about it! Said I take loads of time off for doctors appointments and parental leave (I haven't taken a single hour off for doctors or hospital appointments since I've been back from maternity leave so he is completely mistaken!) and that he is keeping an eye on it.
He doesn't like me on a personal level so I know he means it maliciously.
I ended up speaking to the receptionist at the walk in centre who said theyd probably dismiss my thumb until its been hurting for a week and then I should have an xray at a&e. But I need to rest it. Of course my line manager didn't say anything to help me rest it or to thank me for not leaving early.

Sorry for the rant!!

Oops just realised how long that rant was! Sorry ladies. Just find it easy to rant on here- and better to get it off my chest!

Todays food-
L: Yogurt. Fruit salad (apple, plum, kiwi, pomegranate and grapes). Space raiders 3syns. Satsuma.
D: Tomato mugshot. Cooked turkey. 2tbsp nandos garlic peri peri sauce 1syn. Cheese sandwich (60g WM bread hexB, 25g philadelphia light 2syns)

Snacks: Plum. Special K chewy bar 4.5syns.
Drinks: Costa medium latte (skimmed milk hexA). Water. Vending machine hot chocolate approx 2syns.
Syn Total- 12.5syns

Your boss seems like an arse! Don't they have any policys he should be following about how parental leave and treating part time workers the same he should be following?

Completely agree with snow, he sounds like a right Arse! Are you able to make a formal complaint about him to someone higher up? Surely he isn't allowed to get away with treating you like so? Even more so when your thumb could potentially be broken!
If you can't complain make him a coffee and slip a laxative in it? hehe. I can be a bit of a cow bag. :eek:

Thanks ladies. I am writing a complaint in with a request to move teams.
What annoyed me even more today is he left work 2 hours early because HE had a doctors appointment!!!! After the faff and stress he put me through yesterday with my request!!
If it wasnt so annoying I'd probably laugh with the irony!!

One of my colleagues (a lovely older lady- I pretty much call her my work nanna!!) bought in m&s biscuits for the team today! I was good and only has two so I stayed within syn allowance but it wasn't easy as they were delicious!! Feeling proud with my willpower!!

Todays food-
B: Half a banana.
L: Yogurt. Fruit salad (kiwi, pomegranate, grapes, apple and plum). Space raiders 3syns. 2 x M&S sushi snack packs 1syn.
D: Cooked turkey slices.

Snacks: Satsuma. 2 x M&S cranberry jaffa biscuits 4syns. Mini bag tesco popcorn 3syns. Special K chewy bar hexB.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns) 1 x cup of tea (sweetener and dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn) 2 x cups of fruit tea. Water.
Syn Total- 14.5syns

Got a cold!!! Just wanting to curl up in my bed with cups of tea and crisps!!

Went a little over syn today due to an unplanned dinner- was originally going to have a syn free dinner of chicken and roasted veggies but the chicken I had was a little past its prime and I didn't want to risk it!

L: Bachelors chicken noodle pot thingy 2syns. Yogurt. Plum.
D: Spanish style baked eggs (50g chorizo 3.5syns, onions, chilli, tinned tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes and eggs) 1 x slice WM bread part hexB.

Snacks: Mini bag pretzels 5.5syns. Yogurt.
Drinks: Generic regular skinny mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns). Water. 3 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1.5syns).
Syn Total- 15.5syns

Ugh colds are the worst thing when you have to talk on the phone as well ( in a previous job a customer rang back and complained about me because I sounded sick and it was unpleasant for her to listen to! Bah but if you dared phone in sick they went off it.) Hope you feel better soon.

Ugh colds are the worst thing when you have to talk on the phone as well ( in a previous job a customer rang back and complained about me because I sounded sick and it was unpleasant for her to listen to! Bah but if you dared phone in sick they went off it.) Hope you feel better soon.

Snow - its almost like you work in my office!! They are exactly the same!! Id be tempted to call in sick but I'd end up with a warning or disciplinary action. But yet they'll moan im there if Im not able to completely do my job or am sniffing in my customers ears!!

I must have been lucky when I worked in telesales, I loved the job and they were all so nice, lol!!

Hope you're feeling better soon. Lemon and honey tea can be great for colds :)

Aww MC!! Im so jealous of your experience- they obviously realised that happier staff were likely to work harder!!

Still feeling crappy but trying to not get too down about it. And very much looking forward to my cheat evening tomorrow and scoffing some pizza hut goodies!! Even though I'm unwell I'm going to induldge- just might indulge less than normal!

Had a visit at the nursery today- went well to be honest. More preemptive with Reece's lack of speech as he was being compared on a scale for 2-2.5 year olds and hes not two until December! Was positive as they've acknowledged that as he has settled in he's become more vocal with babble and his food. Also that he understands what you ask even though he doesn't talk. His key-person completely loves him- but everyone who meets him automatically falls in love with him!!

Tried to keep syns low today due to my binge tomorrow...

Todays food-
L: Homemade butternut squash soup. Cheese on toast (60g WM bread hexB, ham, 40g reduced fat cheddar hexA).
D: 3 x asda reduced fat sausages 4.5syns. Scrambled egg (made with a dash of skimmed milk 0.5syn). Baked beans. Grilled mushroom and tomato.

Snacks: Banana. Yogurt.
Drinks: 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn). Pepsi max cherry. Flavoured fizzy water. Options hot chocolate 2syns
Syn Total- 8syns

And a couple of cold and flu tablets but I refuse to syn necessary medication!!

Edit: Laid in bed and fancied a hot chocolate- nice and comforting before I try and sleep off my flu. Got h2b to make me an Options and now hes off raiding my stash of sachets so he can have one!!!

Last edited:
lol I don't blame you for not wanting synful meds. :p I remember when I was ill I kept asking the chemist for help with finding something with low calories haha!!

Hope you enjoy your pizza hut tomo. I'm very jealous!!

When is his birthday?

My brothers is dec 21st and I used to be jealous of him. He used to save his birthday pressies for christmas to make it look like he had more than me, lol!!

Back