A yummy (and happier and healthier) mummy - for good this time!

For once I am not going to moan about work on a Monday! It wasn't too bad to be honest- my manager was still being a douchebag but I sent our floor manager my request to move teams so feel like im doing something positive. Plus the phone lines were okay- a minute or two between calls so it allowed for a small amount of social time! I'm putting it down to half term with the schools :) People too busy having fun with their kiddies.
On a negative I had to decline that job today- they just couldn't give me any consistency with working hours. The rota would be worked out 2 weeks in advance and with childcare and mummy/Reece time it just isnt doable :(
Just have to keep looking :(

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Space raiders 3syns. Yogurt. Fruit salad (apple, pear, grapes and kiwi)
D: Weetabix oaty bar hexB.

Snacks: 1 x M&S cranberry jaffa biscuits 2syns. 1 x mini sweet chew bar (similar to a mini wham but banana flavour) 2syns. Tesco mini bag popcorn 3syns. Banana. Satsuma. 2 x plums.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns). 2 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 1syn). Water.
Syn Total- 14syns

Glad you had a positive day! Moving teams might be just the shake up you need though its a shame about the other job. I think you're making the right decision though, I think I'd do the same in your shoes! Time with little ones is so important for both of you :) x
P.s are you feeling better from your cold? You haven't eaten very much at all today- sometimes it can hinder our losses if we don't eat enough- not something I know much about haha ;-) x

Still stuffed up with cold- hurting all over so more flu like (especially Saturday when I could barely move!)
I did notice myself that id barely touched anything substantial food-wise but im just not hungry. Even waking up this morning with an empty stomach isn't making me hungry and my stomach isn't growling for food.
Odd how illness can mess with you!!

Thanks ladies. Hoping im getting over it but everyday seems to bring a new symptom! Instead of getting all the symptoms at once Im getting them one by one!

Weekend was good thanks, Jade! Apart from being unwell we had a good Sunday at an adventure park with friends. Saturday was a right off because I was completely out of it.

Someone bought cakes and sweets for Halloween into work today and my willpower snapped. I managed to stay within syn but just couldn't say no to some treats!

Todays food-
B: Half a satsuma.
L: Special K chewy bar hexB. Banana. Fruit salad (apple, pear, grapes and kiwi)
D: Bachelors mushroom and garlic high veg pasta n sauce with some turkey mixed in.

Snacks: Mini caramel shortcake bite 3syns. Space raiders 3syns. Mini bag of haribo 4syns. Satsuma. Plum.
Drinks: Starbucks medium skinny caramel latte (skimmed milk hexA and syrup 3syns) Water. Flavoured fizzy water.
Syn Total- 13syns

Glad you're feeling a bit better :) I'm struggling not to eat all of the sweeties that we've bought for the trick or treaters xxx

I am in aweCheeky! I dont think Id have a hope in hell of staying on plan if I threw a halloween party (or any party!)

Feeling better today- still not 100% as I still have the sore throat and a runny nose but its definitely an improvement.

Went to my favourite greengrocer today- bought a small aubergine for 30p! Bargain... Although I havent a clue what to cook with it. Ive always fancied making mousakka but not sure how to make it SW friendly so I am going to have to do some research for dinner tomorrow. Aubergine is free right??!!
Also got a pack of 6 granny smith apples for 75p (I pay at least double that in Tesco!) and 8 red peppers for 88p :) Okay I probably dont need 8 red peppers but for 88p Im pretty sure I can think of something!! Maybe a red pepper soup??

yep it's free - I can't get away with the texture of aubergine which I have always thought was a shame as mousakka would be like lasagne but free on red too - there is a recipe for it on the slimming world site http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/lamb-moussaka.aspx but i would just make it with beef so I could use free lean mince rather than trying to get lamb that is free as thats trickier. If you have a normal recipe then the tomato based sauce is probably easy to make free and you could just use the white sauce from the site?

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I am trying to dodge germs at work at the moment as there is something going round everyone on the team next to mine - we've told them to keep their distance.

I'm trying to keep to the attitude that "normally" I wouldn't be doing anything for Halloween, I'm only throwing the party for my girls.

So with that thought in mind I'm going to desperately keep on plan as I wouldn't normally have any party food around

If that makes sense lol

Thanks for the advice Snow! I'd use beef anyway as I don't eat lamb but found quite a few recipes for veggie moussaka using lentils to bulk it out.

Got a driving lesson this evening and really not feeling it- my instructor is lovely but I just hate them. Driving definitely doesn't come naturally for me- just wish I could wave a magic wand and be able to pass my test!

Thanks for the advice Snow! I'd use beef anyway as I don't eat lamb but found quite a few recipes for veggie moussaka using lentils to bulk it out.

Got a driving lesson this evening and really not feeling it- my instructor is lovely but I just hate them. Driving definitely doesn't come naturally for me- just wish I could wave a magic wand and be able to pass my test!

Would be interested to hear how a moussaka turned out! There's also a dip that I've read about where you bake the aubergine, scoop it out and mush it all up with garlic and spices. I want to say something like Ghanoush? I think it's Moroccan! Would be easy to make sw- just leave out the olive oil or use as a Hexb.
Glad to hear you fly is clearing! Hopefully you'll be fighting fit by the weekend.
Boo to driving lessons! Hope it goes well- I dislike driving too. It took me four goes to pass (not sure if I've said this before- sorry!) so it doesn't really come naturally to me either ;-)
It's so much better when you've passed though, easier and more relaxed cos there's less pressure on that test xx

I bet you're better at driving than me, I stalled OH's car like 20 times before he told me to just pay for lessons, lol!!

Your halloween snacks sound nice!

So bloody frustrated! Trying to assemble my wedding invites but I need to cut all the bits out to be able to stick them. Annoyingly I've bought two paper trimmers so far and neither can cut a straight line at a right angle. Its annoying me like crazy as im too much of a perfectionist for them to go out with what I feel is an obvious flaw!! Argh!!
Anybody crafty and can give me some tips?

Todays food-
B: Nothing.
L: Yogurt. Fruit salad (mango, apple, pear and kiwi) Weetabix oaty bar hexB.
D: Youngs low fat ocean crumble 3syns. Mangetout and carrots.

Snacks: Half a satsuma. Mango. 2 x Bitsa Wispa 2syns.
Drinks: Generic regular skinny mocha (skimmed milk hexA and cocoa 3syns). Flavoured fizzy water. 4 x cups of tea (sweetener and dashes of skimmed milk 2syns)
Syn Total- 10syns

Nice food today Lisa! I have one of those fish pies in the freezer but didn't realise they were so low syn!
Where did you get your paper cutters from?
I had to cut out rectangles of the menu choices and venue details and stick them into my cards and I bought a guillotine type thing from staples. I think it was about £13/14 and came with a spare blade. It took me a few goes to get my eye into the line but I cracked it in the end and it have a nice finish.
Hope this helps xx

Back