Aaarrrggghhh day 3 and i want to cry!!! Help

avamum

Day 3 of cd and I've cocked up!!! I'm so annoyed. Licked some buttercream off my finger and then ate half a one egg omelette . I've missed my afternoon shake and upped my water to compensate and jumped in the bath to take my mind off things!!
I've been to the letter till now and I could shoot myself!!! I have 2stone to lose...don't want it to knock me off thank... Anyone out there done the same and had good losses?? Please say yes!!!!

aw babe thats nothing trust me! you're only day 3 so ketosis wont have hit properly yet anyway, prob will by day 4-5, so at the mo its just working on calorie deficit so a bit of buttercream will hardly break the calorie bank! give it a few more days on just CD, no buttercream lol, and you'll be right into the swing of things. the omelette is fine, its protein so that'll help! all is not lost :) x

Have you been doing cd long? I lost over a stone and a half last year but a little has gone on but I'm back to lose another stone and a half hopefully 2 :)

i started back on wednesday! i lost 3 and half first time round but put 25lbs back on!! need to stop it in its tracks! we seem like we have the same goal so ill keep an eye out for you on here! x

Spoke to my CDC today as I needed to get some more lemon bars...like I said to her this is probably a way of life for me now!!! I know I can maintain... I proved that but just not for long:-( I lost the weight in aug last year and maintained from end aug till beginning of jan....my husband is pretty supportive but there's always an event birthday etc... And I want to live my life not put it on hold till I'm super skinny.... But apart from my birthday in two weeks I've got nothing on till may so here it goes... Thanks for the support.. It's great to know I'm not alone xxx

Spoke to my CDC today as I needed to get some more lemon bars...like I said to her this is probably a way of life for me now!!! I know I can maintain... I proved that but just not for long:-( I lost the weight in aug last year and maintained from end aug till beginning of jan....my husband is pretty supportive but there's always an event birthday etc... And I want to live my life not put it on hold till I'm super skinny.... But apart from my birthday in two weeks I've got nothing on till may so here it goes... Thanks for the support.. It's great to know I'm not alone xxx

great attitude to have, i think you need to see it as a long term solution rather than a quick fix and you must enjoy the events you have planned in the meanwhile to help you through. ideally i'd like to just get back in the 9s as my first goal so if i can have a good first 2-3 weeks then i should get there fairly quickly. after that i'll prob look at step 2 for a few weeks then maybe do a blast of SS to get nearer to the 8s. i want to get to around 8st 3lbs as my ideal as its under the halfway mark so should keep me incentivised to maintain a lower weight. ive lost and gained weight over the years but always got to the 9s, never the 8s so i think that would be a massive breakthrough for me! just booked a holiday to spain end of june so thats my target now, plenty of time to get to goal but if i can push through on SS for a good few weeks it'll make all the difference i hope! xx

I think the occasional little blips sometimes help to keep you focussed, even if it's later down the line when you're feeling weak or tempted, you can look back and remember how you felt when you slipped up and that helps you stay on track. I find things get easier after the first week or so. Good luck!

Your doing amazing lumpy .. I think these forums help so much, everyone is different, no matter how much we each have to lose we're all doing it for the same reason... We're obviously unhappy with our weight.
Today hasn't been too bad until now... Really fancy a wine:-( love my Friday nights but hey small price to pay it'll be worth it a weigh in:)))

Hi imy... How are you getting on? Do you have much to lose? Ifriday and Saturdays are the hardest so just need to push through!! Good luck x

this weekend has been hard! i admit i havent been 100%! had 2 shakes yesterday and a bag of buttons and today had one shakes, 2 boiled eggs and a club bar! im defo not in ketosis yet so im just trying to keep the calorie count low but again the dissertation has taken precedence and ive reverted back to naughty eating habits. im hoping that i can have a good day tomorrow and be extra good in work next week, think it defo helps distract me! how have you done avamum? xx

Aww Hun don't beat yourself up!!! ..... I'm sure the weight in will be fine. Like you said if you can keep the calorie count down hopefully it'll be ok...I've been okish had chicken and veg for tea last night needed it!!! But Sunday morning and back to focus!!! I'm a rep and being in work keeps me distracted from food but weekends are my downfall. I'm going out for Sunday lunch next week and out for my sisters 30th birthday ( nice restaurant , food and wine) next Monday then my birthday on the Thursday ... I need to be good up till then and the tues and wed between then back on it on the Friday . Not ideal but just need to make right the right choices

Aww Hun don't beat yourself up!!! ..... I'm sure the weight in will be fine. Like you said if you can keep the calorie count down hopefully it'll be ok...I've been okish had chicken and veg for tea last night needed it!!! But Sunday morning and back to focus!!! I'm a rep and being in work keeps me distracted from food but weekends are my downfall. I'm going out for Sunday lunch next week and out for my sisters 30th birthday ( nice restaurant , food and wine) next Monday then my birthday on the Thursday ... I need to be good up till then and the tues and wed between then back on it on the Friday . Not ideal but just need to make right the right choices

im also out for food today! my friend wants to go to harvester for her birthday this year which is typical as she usually picks the same pub every year and they have loads of salad options on offer whereas harvester, the salad is the salad bar so ive got no choice but to order a meal! think i'll opt for simply chicken and just have a little bit of the jacket potato. little tip for you when you eat out - when i did have to eat out doing cambridge before i ordered meals that were either protein or protein and fat, similar to atkins style so that you remain in ketosis so anything with chicken, fish, meat etc is fine, just be careful of the sides and be very wary of sauces like barbecue - thats where your sugary carbs are! xx

Thanks for that... It's good to know... I'm not a big fish lover to be honest( unless in breadcrumbs or batter...haha) but I do eat loads of chicken... What about beef fillet? Really fancy a steak when we go out but fingers crossed ill resist and stick to plain chicken!! Good luck today sounds like your really in the zone. Fingers crossed well have a good weigh in this week... When's yours? Mines tomorrow morning... Nervous:-/

my weigh in is tuesday after work at 5ish! so ive got tomorrow to get back on track after tonight. steak is fine but like i say be wary of the sauces, you could have a bit but dont go overboard unless you are treating it as a proper night off then go for it and start back tomorrow! hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow, i';ll be checking in to see how you've done! xx

Hi lass how are you doing on Cambridge?

Hi - I'm doing a modified vlcd using avidlite dietimeal packs. I'm just using them up really then moving to SW. I did really well a couple of years ago - losing 3 stone but unfortunately put it all back on. This time I have taken of 1 and a half stone with the packs but eating real food low cal at weekends and having a weekend off each month (hence the Wk 4 and Wk 8 gains) I find this more doable than trying to go sole source. In a couple of weeks my packs will start running out - hopefully down another few pounds before they do. I am going to plan my meals on SW very carefully though as I don't want to risk a gain (though I will still keep the monthly holidays in place :))

Aww brill sounds like you got it Sussed!! Never heard of the diet your doing but it obviously works and the whole point I think is to getting the weight off but training your brain how to eat better and have the odd treat but not just saying ' oh sod it ill eat the whole bloody cake now I've had a piece' lol.... Your doing great ... My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm struggling a bit today... Took my daughter to a party and a chocolate finger 'slipped into my mouth' so annoyed and I'm having some chicken for tea so ill see what the morning brings....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you (not the choccy ones lol). My official weigh in is tomorrow too so hoping the loss I saw on the scales this morning is still in place tomorrow :)

Back