AAArrrhhhh!!..Advice please all mums!

yumyum

I've just dished up my son cottage pie with teesy mash and i sooooooo want to eat some!!.....Day 3 and so far been ok:break_diet:
How do you cope with cooking and dishing up for the family, also my little boy keeps asking what is mummy eating for dinner???
:sigh:

I'm no help I'm afraid.. I didn't start cooking tip last week x

Just give it to him and think nothing more of it - you do not need it!! :)

You could always get the soups from the chemist and sit down with him whilst he is eating his tea and have the soup and when he asks say mummy is having soup! :)

I don't think there are any answers to this accept grin and bear it. I know when I started lipo my daughter would offer me a crisp or sweet or whatever and I got quite narked sometimes, bless her. But I did explain to them what I was doing having shakes, and even let them try them. I tended to have the chicken soup at teatime so i could sit down with the family and not feel I was missing out. :)

I don't think there are any answers to this accept grin and bear it. I know when I started lipo my daughter would offer me a crisp or sweet or whatever and I got quite narked sometimes, bless her. But I did explain to them what I was doing having shakes, and even let them try them. I tended to have the chicken soup at teatime so i could sit down with the family and not
feel I was missing out. :)
Thanks, i tried the soup thoery (Strawberry shake) had it in a mug etc but he must of looked in the mug as he asked nanny if he could have strawberry soup like mummy!!!lol, it helps just being on here taking my mind off the leftovers xx:cry:

best thing to do is throw the leftovers straight out!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel hun, I have been cooking for my 6 children and husband since day 1 of Lt. It's hard, you do feel angry at times (I used to get so cross with my Husband lol) As time goes by it does pass honestly. The only other thing I would say to you, is that on day 3 you're probably not in Ketosis yet, as soon as you are it does become a lot easier (Honestly) As for children and the eating side of it, I have felt huge guilt about not being able to eat in front of my children (in particular my 2 year old daughter!) I have now sat them down and explained that I feel really sad because I can't run around or play with them as much as I would like to, so I am sticking to a special diet which will make me feel a lot better! As for my 2 year old, I just pretend to eat what she offers me & then spit it out when she's not looking! Sorry I cant be of any more help, but believe me, I so know what you're going through!! Good luck hun, just stick this first week out and you will be flying!!! Old habits die hard remember. xxxxxx

I struggle every day with feeding my kids and throwing away their leftovers lol im getting used to it now, i sit on here while they are eating lol

I think it's something you just get used to doing. Cooking for the family and serving up, it's just one of those things you will get used to the longer you do it. It does get easier, just wait til you are in ketosis, it's so much better. Stick to it, it's worth it in the end really!

I try to get hubby to help when he can and if not i always make sure i have my shake before i feed them so i am not so hungry. It is hard especially when i have to test the food temperature on my lips or when i am trying not to throttle them for leaving half of their dinner lol
I have explained to my 9 year old that i want to lose a bit of weight as it might help my pelvis problem and to my 4 year old i have just said i am having special shakes to help my pelvis. When my 19month old offers food i just pretend to take it so i dont upset her but so far they are fine with it.

cawisu xx

I'm a food sniffer. I usually find if I sniff it then it takes away the cravings. Toast is the worst craving ever !

Well, I started off struggling with cooking but the last few weeks this has changed dramatically.

Since being on thi diet I've developed a love of cooking. I have been cooking much better meals and really enjoyed it. There have been a few sundays when all I've done is cook. I've also had an overwhelming urge to search the net for delicious recipes and have tried lots of new dishes. The downside is that have to rely on OH to tell me if they are worth repeating.

I've batched up and frozen all the meals so during the week when I'm at work, I don't have to rush about to get dinner.

Alex

hi everyone
i too find it hard cooking for the family.i leave them to eat and i come on here.but just had my first weigh in today and it does get better.as i was cooking tonight and the smell was lovely i just had a little picture of me on the beach next july in my head and that helps to remember why we started this....keep with it we are here to pull you over the bumps along the way

I've started to find that I love cooking more now, it's very strange. I'm baking all sorts - made some lemon squares that I'd never made before yesterday and was pestering my husband to give me a detailed description of the taste, the texture etc. He didn't answer satisfactorily (he's not a food fan at all) so I took them to work to get the reviews. I'm taking time to make nicer meals for the kids and they're loving it and there are actually leftovers that I can use for other things now (instead of going into the human trash can that is me)

I think once the Ketosis kicks in you won't mind at all, it doesn't bother me at all to see people eating, in fact I like to look at it and smell it and somehow I feel alright

Very strange...

Hi, the first week is the hardest. I could not be near food. I am now on my third week and am cooking like I am nigella ha ha x It is hard to explain to children but I think something plain and honest will stop them asking questions. I have a 6yr old and he knows I am having a special diet that means I only have shakes xx

My 8 year old said 'but Mummy, you CAN'T just live on shakes!' and seemed quite concerned at first but I've told him it's just for a little while and that the doctor says it's OK and he's happy with that

3 year old hasn't noticed a thing, self absorbed moo!!!! I think she's glad that I'm not nicking her sweets anymore or taking crafty licks of her smarties ice cream

Cooking was killing me so I had a big cook up day. I cooked spaghetti bolognaise, shepherds pie, cottage pie, fish pie, lasagnes, everything. Froze them all and didn't cook again for the week! Pain in ass on the day of cooking but great thereafter!

i know exactly how you feel hun, i have been cooking for my 6 children and husband since day 1 of lt. It's hard, you do feel angry at times (i used to get so cross with my husband lol) as time goes by it does pass honestly. The only other thing i would say to you, is that on day 3 you're probably not in ketosis yet, as soon as you are it does become a lot easier (honestly) as for children and the eating side of it, i have felt huge guilt about not being able to eat in front of my children (in particular my 2 year old daughter!) i have now sat them down and explained that i feel really sad because i can't run around or play with them as much as i would like to, so i am sticking to a special diet which will make me feel a lot better! As for my 2 year old, i just pretend to eat what she offers me & then spit it out when she's not looking! Sorry i cant be of any more help, but believe me, i so know what you're going through!! Good luck hun, just stick this first week out and you will be flying!!! Old habits die hard remember. Xxxxxx
thanks hunny for the support and advice, i really do appreciateit xx

Cooking was killing me so I had a big cook up day. I cooked spaghetti bolognaise, shepherds pie, cottage pie, fish pie, lasagnes, everything. Froze them all and didn't cook again for the week! Pain in ass on the day of cooking but great thereafter!
Now thats agood tip, wonder if i can enrol my mum into helping lol x:p

Back