AAM ??

Catlouise83

Hi everyone, I'm a little confused (not hard lol)

AAM stands for add a meal right??
Is that not the same as the next step after ss+ (810i think)
What's the difference??

Thanks
Cat

That's great, thanks for clearing that up mini :)

might be worth double checking as I was told you had to up up a step (and SS and SS+ are considered to be the same step)

here the info from the Cambridge site

Guidance to Consultants - Ideally your customer should move down the Steps to their chosen programme, spending at least one week to each Step. If they wish to follow a VLCD programme (Step1 below 800kcal), they may do so for a maximum of 12 weeks at a time. After the 12th week the customer should move up to 810kcal (Step2), for at least 1 week. If they still have weight to lose and their BMI is suitable, they may resume a VLCD programme for a further 12 weeks.

Only what my CDC told me so could have changed

Setas is right .. AAM is 810 not SS+ . AAM week is when you have done 12 weeks on SS or SS+ you must do 810 for a week to adhere to the NICE ( national institute of clinical excellence ) guidelines so not following a VLCD for more than 12 weeks continuously .
810 in itself is a step that a lot of people use , but it is classed as AAM week when you do it for 1 week as per the guidelines .. hope that makes sense !!!!

Back