AAMW

Dietingdon

Silver Member
When I went to see my CDC a few weeks before I was due to start CD, he gave me the old booklet where AAMW was after 4 weeks. When I went back to get my 1st weeks supply he gave me the updated book where AAMW is every 13 weeks. So I don't know if he's going to aske me next week if I want to do AAMW as it'll be the beginning of week 5. As much as i'd like to eat food, I'm worried that it will slow my loss down, and that I will find it hard to go back to SSing the following week. Any advice?

mine didn't slow me down.. I quite enjoyed it.. the first couple of days I had cold chicken with raw broccoli and cauliflower (I couldn't be bothered cooking!!) and then the second half of the week I had cottage cheese with cucumber and lettuce mixed in.

and I didn't find it hard at all going back to shakes only, I thought I would but it was fine..

I think most CDC's pretty much leave it up to you to decide if you are ready to do aamw at the 5th week stage or if you'd like to leave it to the 13th.
All I will say is that I actually lost 2lb more than normal on my aamw and from what I've seem quite a few people lose more than normal the week after as it kind of kick starts your system.
I think you'll just have to decide what you are most comfortable going with. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but good luck whatever you decided to do.

ive been doing add a meal since starting cd 5 weeks ago and lost 21lb so far, havent tried ss yet, as i am happy with the weight loss so far, i too av alot of cottage cheese lettuce and cucumber,

It's up to you really but i did AAM every 5 weeks as per the rules when i started and it didn't slow my losses down at all. In fact some of my AAM weeks i lost more than when on SS. Didn't have any trouble getting back on to SS, the amount you have is pretty tiny anyway so i didn't find it too hard to adjust between them. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

I'm on my second AAM week at the moment. Last time, I lost 2lbs during AAM but then 6lbs the following week - and my weight losses after that were pretty good too! I enjoy it but i am always glad to get back on to SS.
x

I really enjoyed my AAM weeks, nice to have a little something and to chew for a few days. A lot of people worry about it slowing losses but on the whole it doesn't seem to.

Gxx

I didnt do the aam week. My cdc left it up to me to decide but went through it all etc. I think i will be doing it when i come back from hoildays as it will be my final push towards my goal!

Back